Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - News & Events 2019  (Read 162136 times)
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2019, 03:22:50 PM »

That DM article says maybe they'll release another picture for Father's Day in America. Shall we take bets on which baby body part, sans face, will be shown? I'm going with his right shoulder and his pinky.

One chubby little arm and hand.

Doug Dumbartons wee hand wrapped around Harry’s pinky. I’ll bet a five on that.

Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2019, 03:23:45 PM »

That DM article says maybe they'll release another picture for Father's Day in America. Shall we take bets on which baby body part, sans face, will be shown? I'm going with his right shoulder and his pinky.

Black and white photo of Archie's hand holding onto one of Haz's fingers; preferably his left ring finger with the wedding band showing.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2019, 03:24:21 PM »

LW - great minds think alike.  We posted at the same time!   Star
Lady Liebe

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »

LW - great minds think alike.  We posted at the same time!   Star

I thought of that (great minds and all) but rejected it as not game changing enough. Maybe if it's really artsy, has some shadows playing over it, well you never know. It will, of course, be in black and white.

But then, perhaps we'll get a shot of little Archie's back . . . .
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2019, 06:30:21 PM »

Well that was awkward  Cool
https://www.google.com/am...turn-Trooping-Colour.html

boneofcontention

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »

It was awkward but probably happens quite a bit behind the scenes trying to remind Meghan of protocol she’s not used to - who would be?-and just awkward because this was public.
gildinwen

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2019, 08:21:58 PM »

It was awkward but probably happens quite a bit behind the scenes trying to remind Meghan of protocol she’s not used to - who would be?-and just awkward because this was public.

Which was why they should have waited another year....but these two aren't exactly the great thinkers of their time
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2019, 12:20:16 AM »

Which was why they should have waited another year....but these two aren't exactly the great thinkers of their time

It's not the amount of time, it's how much she's exposed to the protocol. Kate was with William for years, she was supposed to have had "princess lessons" and was going to be oh-so-well-prepared, and she still tried to leave ahead of Charles and Camilla at an event and never seemed to know when to curtsey - because William had kept both sides of his life at arms length from one another.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2019, 02:08:26 AM »

It's not the amount of time, it's how much she's exposed to the protocol. Kate was with William for years, she was supposed to have had "princess lessons" and was going to be oh-so-well-prepared, and she still tried to leave ahead of Charles and Camilla at an event and never seemed to know when to curtsey - because William had kept both sides of his life at arms length from one another.

I think the amount of exposure to the protocol is important.  One becomes aware of what to expect and the signals that something is about to happen so you know when it's time for you to do (a) or (b), etc.  One one of the videos you can see what the others are doing in the moments before the national anthem begins.  They were looking around or chatting to others but at a particular moment they all stop and look forward - like meercats who have just heard the sound of an approaching predator - and then the national anthem begins. Meghan hasn't learnt to pick up on that clue yet.  

But the sun came up today, so I think she will survive this gaffe and go on to make many more before it all sinks in.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2019, 02:19:49 AM »

Like so many game changers... she isn't.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2019, 05:19:03 AM »

Eugenie's husband didn't seem to have any problems did he? He's been in the family for a shorter period of time and since Eugenie won't be a full time working royal probably hasn't received half the amount of instruction in protocol that Meghan has either.

She really has no excuse. She's been in family for over a year, plus a lot of it is just common sense. It probably took A LOT of harsh words behind the scenes from the grey men to whip Kate into shape (a lot of her gaffs were shockingly ridiculous) and if Harry is smart he'll let them do the same instead of shielding her from them like he's probably done so far. Unless he wants to keep being embarrassed in public that is
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2019, 06:25:37 AM »

I think the amount of exposure to the protocol is important.  One becomes aware of what to expect and the signals that something is about to happen so you know when it's time for you to do (a) or (b), etc.  One one of the videos you can see what the others are doing in the moments before the national anthem begins.  They were looking around or chatting to others but at a particular moment they all stop and look forward - like meercats who have just heard the sound of an approaching predator - and then the national anthem begins. Meghan hasn't learnt to pick up on that clue yet. 

But the sun came up today, so I think she will survive this gaffe and go on to make many more before it all sinks in.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but there is something colloquially called 'baby brain' that new mothers have for a while after the birth of a child. When you're in it you don't know it until after something happens but everyone can see it and they give you a pass on behaviour that seems out of sync with what's going around you. It is what it is.

Personally, I thought she should have stayed home. Don't care what her SIL did in her 1st pregnancy. Just stay home with baby. Let Dad keep up appearances on the balcony. There was no indispensable reason for her to be there. I don't want hear about her needing to be in public, blah-blah-blah. I think there was pressure for her to show up and she did. Sometimes we make poor choices. This was one of them.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
jnozak

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2019, 07:54:31 AM »

I don't even think it's a case of her not knowing royal protocol. She grew up in the US. We all know to stand quietly and pay attention when our anthem is played, and when at an event, you know when it will be played. There's no excuse here in my opinion. This isn't even something that's unique to the UK or the US, what country doesn't have an anthem and protocol for any citizen to follow when it is played, or about to be played? I would imagine that with an event like this, there's probably a run through of the order of events prior.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:40 AM »

I think the amount of exposure to the protocol is important.  One becomes aware of what to expect and the signals that something is about to happen so you know when it's time for you to do (a) or (b), etc.  One one of the videos you can see what the others are doing in the moments before the national anthem begins.  They were looking around or chatting to others but at a particular moment they all stop and look forward - like meercats who have just heard the sound of an approaching predator - and then the national anthem begins. Meghan hasn't learnt to pick up on that clue yet. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but there is something colloquially called 'baby brain' that new mothers have for a while after the birth of a child. When you're in it you don't know it until after something happens but everyone can see it and they give you a pass on behaviour that seems out of sync with what's going around you. It is what it is.

Personally, I thought she should have stayed home. Don't care what her SIL did in her 1st pregnancy. Just stay home with baby. Let Dad keep up appearances on the balcony. There was no indispensable reason for her to be there. I don't want hear about her needing to be in public, blah-blah-blah. I think there was pressure for her to show up and she did. Sometimes we make poor choices. This was one of them.

+1 on staying home - she is supposed to be "on leave" for months. I can't imagine the BRF would have come to a standstill if she was not there. I think this would have been an occasion to have worn British fashion - after all it is a very British event celebrating the birthday of the Queen. Clearly the concept of "optics" has yet to sink in.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »

Prince Harry and Meghan hire a social media expert to boost their popularity as they trail just 700,000 followers behind Wills and Kate

'They have appointed a new member of staff to work on their social media accounts,' a royal source tells me. 'The new person will start in time for Meghan's return from maternity leave.'
https://www.dailymail.co....ert-boost-popularity.html

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: