Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - News & Events 2019  (Read 158859 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2019, 12:12:43 AM »

LOL

https://www.dailysquib.co...eady-and-waiting.html/amp

I am at the point that I prefer the satirical news over the 'hourly real satire' coming from Frog Holler ...

Laughing

Thanks Kaiserin!  I prefer it too.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2019, 12:55:54 AM »

Would Prince Harry be the required family member to file Archie's birth certificate?   
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2019, 02:13:49 AM »

Would Prince Harry be the required family member to file Archie's birth certificate?   

It would usually be either the mother or father, and fathers seem to be the ones to do it if they are around and can do it.  Meghan's done all the hard work and was probably happy to delegate this task to Harry to make him feel useful. 
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2019, 02:30:18 AM »

At least this puts to bed the rumors of a home birth! I'm glad she sought medical help, she was never a great candidate for a home birth.

How exactly? There are a lot of women who give birth at home, both royal and non royal. For example, queen Silvia gave birth to CP and Madeleine at home.
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2019, 02:37:32 AM »

At least this puts to bed the rumors of a home birth! I'm glad she sought medical help, she was never a great candidate for a home birth.

How exactly? There are a lot of women who give birth at home, both royal and non royal. For example, queen Silvia gave birth to CP and Madeleine at home.

Her age. She is considered a geriatric and with it being her first makes her higher risk.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2019, 02:52:20 AM »

The current guidelines for low-risk first-time mothers is to give birth in a midwifery-led unit.  This is mostly because first time mums have a higher transfer rate...450/1000 vs 115/1000 in the link below.  And of course while women over 35 have healthy normal deliveries every day her age was at least a consideration if not moderate risk factor...more so in a first timer.  But once she needed a medical induction (if that's what happened) homebirth and midwife led units were off the table...only a labor ward or private hospital would do.  And we don't even know for sure that a homebirth was the plan.

https://www.nice.org.uk/g...mendations#place-of-birth
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2019, 04:41:30 AM »

I do not/did not understand the extreme press focus on the birth plans of a woman who is the wife of a man who is 6th in the line of succession and, extremely unlikely to ever become king much less his child.

I also read the Harry 'is supported by taxpayers' argument so 'we need to know.' But you're really not entitled to her medical information or her delivery plans. No one in the public is entitled to that information. No one. Let me rephrase: NO ONE.

The press wants something to report that they seem to have 'discovered' and, being left out of the 'birth plan' is out of the ordinary, according to them. They wouldn't know ordinary if it bit them in them a**.

I get that many here dislike Meghan. I neither like nor dislike her. She seems to me to be another Sophie Winkelman married into the BRF.  Sophie is an actress, was in a TV show that was not as popular on cable TV as Meghan's show. Neither show had a wide audience. I never heard much about Sophie W or about Meghan M. Their occupation is very much about self-promotion and keeping your name in front of producers to keep working. That is now the norm for every occupation: what have you done and what will you do for me/this company. Self-promotion is what you learn in college now.

In many ways I also sense that Meghan is not suitable because she isn't British or Canadian or a citizen of a Commonwealth country. Would she be accepted as black-heritage woman if she was a member of a Commonwealth country? I ask because this seems to be an issue: not black enough trying to be white.

I have lived in and currently near to a very large US metropolitan area. I work with people from every inhabited continent. Initially we acknowledge our visible differences and then get on with the business at hand. It is what we do because...we are just people trying to work and make a life and family. I enjoy meeting people who have come here from different countries and learning why they chose to come here. It's the modern day version of why my ancestors came here. And, it's all good. We sought/seek the same things. We find our commonalities. It is our link.

Where exactly do you think Harry 'should have found' a life partner who would be savvy enough to blend in with the royal family? I think he found what he was looking for. He found someone who helps him navigate the royal world in his home country and is able to learn and help him move forward in his slowly diminishing importance in the royal family. I think both of them know their influence in the UK will wain. They can make plans that let them focus on interests that allow them to live a life that satisfies them.

Why not let them find their way?

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2019, 04:47:45 AM »

They deliberately lied to the media, however, which is my big problem with them. They told the press and even Buckingham Palace how it would go down. Then they did nothing of the sort. It shows an immaturity and refusal to play by the rules. Some rules are silly, but the symbiotic relationship of the royals and media cannot be won like this with threats, lies, and lawsuits. Then we have Meghan's lavish, insane baby shower. Her having friends talk to the media to promote her as some saintly heavenly being of avocado California goodness. She's full of crap and her purpose marrying into the BRF is because of the fame and fortune it has  given her. Many other royal women have done the same. But for Meghan it is truly all about her, and her image in the world. She has always wanted to be famous. Now she is.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
karma chamelion

Large Member

Let them eat banana bread

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2019, 05:19:48 AM »

They don't want privacy, far from it, Imelda needs attention like oxygen. They violate their own privacy constantly, I don't feel one ounce of pity for these two. They've played this game since the beginning, all the coy signalling and smug looks, the constant leaks to the press timed to coincide with other people's big days/news. If all they wanted was to have a private birth then they shouldn't have said anything at all other than 'it's a private matter'.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2019, 05:20:00 AM »

I don’t know about Silvia, but QEII had all her children “at home”, but they were far from “home births” - a fully equipped labour suite was installed at the palace, and she was attended by a team of obstetricians and pediatricians. It was, for all intents and purposes, a “hospital” delivery.

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2019, 05:26:09 AM »

The current guidelines for low-risk first-time mothers is to give birth in a midwifery-led unit.  This is mostly because first time mums have a higher transfer rate...450/1000 vs 115/1000 in the link below.  And of course while women over 35 have healthy normal deliveries every day her age was at least a consideration if not moderate risk factor...more so in a first timer.  But once she needed a medical induction (if that's what happened) homebirth and midwife led units were off the table...only a labor ward or private hospital would do.  And we don't even know for sure that a homebirth was the plan.

https://www.nice.org.uk/g...mendations#place-of-birth

ITA, we know nothing of her birth plans, or her medical status. She may well have wanted a home birth, but being overdue, or other complications (high blood pressure, protein in urine etc) may have prompted the change of plans. I believe this is why the plans were kept “secret”, because they wanted to remain flexible. At the photo call she looked very puffy, so HBP or the like seem quite possible. At the end of the day, they have a healthy bub and mum, and it really shouldn’t be such a big deal where and how she gave birth, especially when we all knew it would be on the BC anyway.

As for not revealing the doctor, perhaps that was the doctor’s request? I’m sure the attention that would come from it would not always be welcome, especially if they wanted to maintain the privacy and anonymity of their other patients.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2019, 06:15:04 AM »

True, we never knew (and why should we?) if Meghan and Harry even wanted a home birth. Where did that even come from? It seemed like the press took the story and ran with it, only so they could gleefully report on Meghan’s plans being “spoiled.”

It wouldn’t surprise me if they had planned for a hospital birth all along. Modern hospitals, especially high-end modern ones, have come a long way in making the birth experience more homelike and cozy.
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2019, 09:07:26 AM »

Who says it was the press who demanded to know about the birth plans? The whole 'home birth' story came from somewhere and its the typical MO of the Sussexes - take the contrarian stance to tradition in the name of 'modernisation', let the media run with it, and then do the normal Royal version, only with more 'gram games and make it way more Extra than their actual place in the family allows, ensuring they continue to receive media attention and look "persecuted and hounded by the press".

I really hate BS game playing like this. Seriously, you want to save the world and you waste your time doing this crap? More interesting and more involved and more gamechanging would have been her saying "its a private matter" to a camera while posing in work clothes before helping others do something useful, for longer than 45 minutes. Take the contrarian stance of picking five charities and work actual hours with them on a quarterly basis and really get to know them in-depth.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2019, 09:09:59 AM »

Star EXACTLY.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
The Grifter

Warned
Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2019, 12:51:37 PM »

In today’s Daily Mail article about H&M’s wedding anniversary Instagram post, there is the following comment. It made me laugh.

« Harry has lost his hair, his friends, his brother, his balls, his money and his marbles »

Source: Daily Mail

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: