Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eurovision songcontest 2019  (Read 4273 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2019, 01:46:45 AM »

Little addition, my birthday was last friday. Which I spend alone an quiet.
Peeps

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2019, 02:06:40 AM »

Uh, WOW!  Banana
#teamduncan all the way !

And music is/songs are like Marmite: you either like it or you don't.
I absolutely hŠte Jazz e.g., and there are Jazz-afficionados who'd happily burn me at the stakes for that opinion!

I totally did NOT get the hype about the Swedish song (some generic "gospel" thingy I think?), or Russia (sung without any feeling at all) for that matter. And the North Macedonia song was forgotten a milli-second after she'd sung it.
Surprised though that Spain didn't end much higher. That is a summer-hit in the making.

Anyway: the jury and the people have voted, and Eurovision 2020 is being held in the Netherlands.

As for Madonna: it's time she took early retirement. She is waaay past her Best-Before-Date.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results"
Same applies, but in even more harsher terms, to the likes of e.g. Paul McCartney in my opinion....

ps: and "Miss Madonna" supposedly got a million dollars for just turning up in some wacky costume and singing in a wrong key/miming 2 songs?  Crazy
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 02:20:47 AM by Peeps » Logged
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2019, 02:23:04 AM »

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

which is pretty much all Duncan could say during his post show live interview with the Dutch commentators.

(one of them was also going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah halfway through the interview)

44 years since Ding-a-Dong.
Whew.
Didn't watch the semis, only the voting after the second semi to check if Duncan was through (which used to be too big a hurdle for our singers; we had years and years of crappy songs not even making it to the finals until Anouk did and finished 9th, and the Common Linnets runner up the year after (we waz robbed by a bearded man in a dress  Wink  ) and then some crap again) but Pomster and me were in total ESC mode - he should go to bed at 10 latest but he slept on the sofa for a bit. Until that exciting new way of showing the televoting   Jumping  He was in bed by 1.30  Yikes

I have to admit that the song seems kinda boring and dull, but once you've heard it a few times it's like Amor pelos dois - a celebration of the human voice, a virtuoso melody and meaningful lyrics.
so YAY teamduncan!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2019, 02:58:30 AM »

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

which is pretty much all Duncan could say during his post show live interview with the Dutch commentators.

(one of them was also going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah halfway through the interview)

44 years since Ding-a-Dong.
Whew.
Didn't watch the semis, only the voting after the second semi to check if Duncan was through (which used to be too big a hurdle for our singers; we had years and years of crappy songs not even making it to the finals until Anouk did and finished 9th, and the Common Linnets runner up the year after (we waz robbed by a bearded man in a dress  Wink  ) and then some crap again) but Pomster and me were in total ESC mode - he should go to bed at 10 latest but he slept on the sofa for a bit. Until that exciting new way of showing the televoting   Jumping  He was in bed by 1.30  Yikes

I have to admit that the song seems kinda boring and dull, but once you've heard it a few times it's like Amor pelos dois - a celebration of the human voice, a virtuoso melody and meaningful lyrics.
so YAY teamduncan!

I guess it was really worth a cranky on Sunday Pomster Wink Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2019, 02:59:55 AM »

Hahaha there are even people saying Norway has been robbed, as they had the highest score at the televoting  Roll Eyes
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2019, 03:08:16 AM »

https://eurovision.tv/vid...9-eurovision-song-contest
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »

If I understood it correct the (jury)points of Belarus at the grand final were not given after they revealed the semi final results too early (as a punishment from the ES organization). Apparently instead the ES used a kind of calculation to correct for the missing results. According to the new of past Wednesday something went wrong with that. The original top 4 of ES 2019 stays the same, but elsewhere lands are swapped. A high listed on is the swap of Norway and Sweden, which now respectively have 6th and 5th spot on the final results. The Netherlands gained some extra points (498 points)

https://www.nu.nl/songfes...uitslag-songfestival.html

https://eurovision.tv/sto...n-2019-grand-final-result
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:44:37 PM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »

Corrrected result
 1. The Netherland (498 points) (was 1st with 492 points)
 2. ItaliŽ (472 points) (was 2nd with 465 points)
 3. Rusland (370 points) (was 3rd with 369 points)
 4. Zwitserland (364 points) (unchanged)
 5. Zweden (334 points) (was 6th with 332 points)
 6. Noorwegen (331 points) (was 5th with 338 points)
 7. Noord-MacedoniŽ (305 points) (was 8th with 295 points)
 8. Azerbeidzjan (302 points) (was 7th with 297 points)
 9. AustraliŽ (284 points) (was 9th with 285 points)
 10. IJsland (232 points) (was 10th with 234 points)
 11. TsjechiŽ (157 points) (unchanged)
 12. Denemarken (120 points) (unchanged)
 13. Cyprus (109 points) (was 15th with 101 points)
 14. Malta (107 points) (was 16th with 95 points)
 15. SloveniŽ (105 points) (was 13th with 105 points)
 16. Frankrijk (105 points) (was 14th with 105 points)
 17. AlbaniŽ (90 points) (was 18th with 90 points)
 18. ServiŽ (89 points) (was 17th with 92 points)
 19. San Marino (77 points) (was 20st with 81 points)
 20. Estland (76 points) (was 19th with 86 points)
 21. Griekenland (74 points) (was 21st with 71 points)
 22. Spanje (54 points) (was 22th with 60 points)
 23. IsraŽl (35 points) (was 23th with 47 points)
 24. Wit-Rusland (31 points) (was 25th with 31 points)
 25. Duitsland (24 points) (was 24st with 32 points)
 26. Verenigd Koninkrijk (11 points) (was 26th with 16 points)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: