Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eurovision songcontest 2019  (Read 3505 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 11:21:11 PM »

The making of....the official Arcade clip for ES 2019

https://youtu.be/4pNG5esfHO4

BTW some of those comments online, when they discover he is naked in the clip and/or notice the bare bottoms  Laughing Laughing
Peeps

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »

Yeah, I can totally see Duncan's official video being banned in certain countries because of his bare bottoms.
While Iceland's video gets the all clear....

Anyway, here's a cute video of Duncan being speeddated by German TV (in English)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfp0XL9O3qQ
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:17:19 AM by Peeps » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 12:15:49 AM »

Yeah, I can totally Duncan's official video being banned in certain countries because of his bare bottoms.
While Iceland's video gets the all clear....

Anyway, here's a cute video of Duncan being speeddated by German TV (in English)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfp0XL9O3qQ

Indeed cute.
His comment that he was curious about the Iceland act.
Peeps

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 10:36:22 PM »

Part 1 of the 2nd semi final:

Armenia walks out, Moldova stays, Latvia thought a green hat would do the trick, Romania sent Frankenstein’s sister, and Switzerland decided to do a child-friendly version of Iceland’s act.

Part 2

Danish Sesamestreet,  Swedish gospel, Austria singing about shoes (?), Croatian angel fails to take off, Malta with Karma Karma Kameleon, and Lithuania has a love “that can’t be catched”?

Part 3

8 Russian Sergeys is a bit of an overload, the Albanian orange bridesmaids pee like horses (or did I just misinterpret their short promo ("Postcards"?) at the beginning of each song?  Blink ), Norway hears you calling him at night (lucky you!), the Dutch boy can síng #teamduncan (Did the whole stadium fell silent during his song, or was the public just edited out?), and Azerbaidjan is sponsored by Toyota this year (Their 2019 model turns out to be a very nice one…)

Thoroughly enjoyed this semi-final. There are some very good songs in there! Thumb up
And now it's for Europe and Australia to decide. Smiley

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:16:57 AM by Peeps » Logged
Peeps

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 12:02:22 AM »

Ah yes, I misinterpreted the short vid at the start of Albania's entry: not horses, but waterfalls!
Sorry Albania!  Blush

Here for the complete 2nd semi final, should you want to watch it (again)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMnZWPe-UaM

and if you're feeling brave here's the 1st semi final in all its glorious entirety:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkhYYwF7XaU
Australia's mesmerising performance starts at 57:00 , followed by Iceland.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:21:33 AM by Peeps » Logged
Peeps

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 12:15:25 AM »

And one blatantly ripped from Twitter  (  https://twitter.com/AranB...tatus/1129132347469770752 )

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 08:52:33 AM »

It is high time the contest gets another name. Last I checked several of the contributing countries do not geographically sit in Europe. Which honestly is totally fine. The world does not need a EUROPEAN song contest - open it to every country that wants to participate and set some ground rules and for heavens give it another more Fitting Name..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 10:11:53 AM »

There have already been a lot of discussion about that item, why call it Eurovision when a lot of contestants aren't geographically in Europe. BTW there have been some discussion & talk also what to consider the borders of the European continent.

Turkey has a small part in Europe, while Rusland is also partially in Europe (the biggest part of their landmass is considered to be in Asia.)

If I remember correct the Euro part of the contest was connected to the (former) members of an "European" broadcasting organisation.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 10:16:06 AM »

On the internet there are complaints and whining that Armenia (and some others, but in particular Armenia) was robbed. Why would Denmark and Albania pass, but not Armenia. Okay I had my doubts about Denmark (expected to barely make it, or just not), while IMO Albania deserved  it. As my Albanian sucks I don't understand the content of her song (or even be able to pronounce it correct), but it comes across very strong.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 10:38:33 AM »

The running order in the finale has been announced

https://eurovision.tv/sto...MfUZjXWW5ML5vsaEJzj1UubOE
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 07:17:20 PM »

Not a fan of the show but don't I enjoy your posts? Thank you so much. Supercontent Jumping  You make it sound so enjoyable that I might have a look later, especially  at the national jury voting.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 10:14:56 PM »

Gosh, the Netherlands is a boring song. Sorry guys, not for me Snore
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2019, 10:18:44 PM »

I'm rooting for Norway!!  Jumping Jumping Jumping

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2019, 10:27:02 PM »

Yeah, me too Beer
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2019, 11:23:07 PM »

At first was rooting for Italy..don't know why. Especially as I don't understand Italian. But I guess just the sound. Now, in the end I have voted for Albania.

Due to circumstances I have only seen parts of the finale. Yet again many over the top (outfit of Cyprus, the weirdo's from Iceland etc.) and a bit old fashion ES golden oldies look a likes (or sound a likes)

Duncan and his song had been a (big) favourite, but it still had to prove to be true. In other years there were often surprises. F.e. who expected an Israelian chicken to win? Wink

I am currently at my parents place to celebrate my birthday with family tomorrow. And as my parents, especially my dad, don't enjoy the ES we have been doing and watching other things.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: