Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Ascot 2019  (Read 34926 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2019, 03:43:38 PM »

I usually find Autumn kind of cheap looking, I cannot explain why, but this time, her jumpsuit is great, it flows on her body in a very flattering way. The colour is also lovely and suits her well.

I’ve noticed that too, but I think she has one of those faces that photographs “hard”, if that makes sense. In real life she is probably lovely.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »

I usually find Autumn kind of cheap looking, I cannot explain why, but this time, her jumpsuit is great, it flows on her body in a very flattering way. The colour is also lovely and suits her well.

I’ve noticed that too, but I think she has one of those faces that photographs “hard”, if that makes sense. In real life she is probably lovely.
It could be because of this.

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2019, 06:39:51 PM »

I wonder why Eugenie and Jack weren’t there this year?

According to Gert's, Eugenie attended days 1 & 3.  No idea about Jack though.  Does anyone know how regular his attendance has been in the past?

I found one picture from 2011, which was right after they began dating, and another mention a few years later - sorry, I didn't note the exact date.

I was surprised that Beatrice's Moppet was not there this year. Seems his sort of thing.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »

It could be because of this.

Some people (waves) just don't photograph well.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2019, 06:49:13 PM »

I think Charles and Camilla will attend every day when the time comes, Camilla loves the races and attends other meetings at other race courses and I think Charles will attend because it is expected that the monarch attends.

Even now by Day 4 we see few royals in the carriage procession, it was HM, Peter Phillips, Lady Helen Taylor and Tim Taylor in Carriage 1 then friends/members of the racing set that HM knows in the other 3 carriages.

I'm sure when Charles is King we'll still see a big royal turnout in carriages for Day 1 then between his siblings, nieces and nephews and cousins plenty of people to fill the carriages or Charles could simply ditch anything other than the first carriage but I doubt it.

If I remember correctly, the Queen used to entertain quite a bit during Ascot week, and this helped round out the carriage procession each day. Perhaps Charles and Camilla will do the same. I do think we will continue to see the current crop of royals (siblings, nieces and nephews) attending in future years, but I don't see it extended down to Anne, Edward or Andy's grandchildren - unless one has a specific interest in horses or racing.

Theodore Roosevelt
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2019, 08:00:34 PM »

According to Gert's, Eugenie attended days 1 & 3.  No idea about Jack though.  Does anyone know how regular his attendance has been in the past?

I found one picture from 2011, which was right after they began dating, and another mention a few years later - sorry, I didn't note the exact date.

I was surprised that Beatrice's Moppet was not there this year. Seems his sort of thing.

I assumed Jack has to actually show up at his job and chose not to take off for Ascot (which makes me like him even more if that was the case). He's supported Eugenie at a couple of her patronages, which I think is nicer than just showing up for the "fun" easy stuff.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »

I think Charles and Camilla will attend every day when the time comes, Camilla loves the races and attends other meetings at other race courses and I think Charles will attend because it is expected that the monarch attends.

Even now by Day 4 we see few royals in the carriage procession, it was HM, Peter Phillips, Lady Helen Taylor and Tim Taylor in Carriage 1 then friends/members of the racing set that HM knows in the other 3 carriages.

I'm sure when Charles is King we'll still see a big royal turnout in carriages for Day 1 then between his siblings, nieces and nephews and cousins plenty of people to fill the carriages or Charles could simply ditch anything other than the first carriage but I doubt it.

If I remember correctly, the Queen used to entertain quite a bit during Ascot week, and this helped round out the carriage procession each day. Perhaps Charles and Camilla will do the same. I do think we will continue to see the current crop of royals (siblings, nieces and nephews) attending in future years, but I don't see it extended down to Anne, Edward or Andy's grandchildren - unless one has a specific interest in horses or racing.

I would think that any of the family who is keen on horses in general, like the Princess Royal and Zara would be very welcome and naturally ride with the rest of the family in the carriages, for as long as that continues. I think it's lovely, and I am horse crazy, so long may it last, say I!

Also, it's not like in the old days where Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra had 6 royal offspring each. Let's say Kate goes for number 4 and Meghan has another one. M is running out of years to have much more than that, and that is if she's working on it right this second. I myself had my daughter at 38 1/2 and I cringed when someone suggested I go again right away, so I cant even imagine. But people do it.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2019, 03:56:05 AM »

I assumed Jack has to actually show up at his job and chose not to take off for Ascot (which makes me like him even more if that was the case). He's supported Eugenie at a couple of her patronages, which I think is nicer than just showing up for the "fun" easy stuff.

Did not Jack attend Royal Ascot in 2018?
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2019, 04:01:38 AM »

Did not Jack attend Royal Ascot in 2018?

Yes, I believe so. Just meant that he maybe can’t take off for everything or doesn’t want to.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2019, 05:22:09 AM »

Yeah, that’s why I asked the question. I remember Eugenie curtsying and Jack bowing to the Queen last year in the crowd and I thought they might be in a carriage this year
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »

I thought Eugenie *was* in a carriage this year --with some lords, day 1.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »

Eugenie was there twice I think. Day 1 in a carriage with her sister and 2 others. Ladies Day in a carriage as well. I don't recall seeing any photos of Jack and he definitely didn't ride in a carriage. Looks like he probably went to work.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »

Eugenie was there twice I think. Day 1 in a carriage with her sister and 2 others. Ladies Day in a carriage as well. I don't recall seeing any photos of Jack and he definitely didn't ride in a carriage. Looks like he probably went to work.

Which makes him very sympathetically.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2019, 03:15:48 AM »

On Saturday, June 22nd Jack was at the wedding of his brother James.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2019, 03:28:52 AM »

On Saturday, June 22nd Jack was at the wedding of his brother James.

I saw his brother's civil wedding was on the 15th.  So last week he may have had a lot of family stuff or wanted to save his vacation days for after the religious wedding in France...if he has to worry about those.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: