Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Service of the Order of the Garter 2019  (Read 20672 times)
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2019, 04:07:56 AM »

I wonder why Kate never made her way to speak with Letizia.  Letizia came over to Kate.  Camilla and Sophie both spoke to both Queens.   Perhaps Kate was too lazy to go to Letizia?  But if Kate had disrespected Letizia, I'm sure Felipe would have had something to say.  

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2019, 04:45:37 AM »

Remember how rude Will was to Felipe and CP of Sweden before F was King?
I can’t remember where was but it was so embarrassing!
Neither W nor Kate have great social skills. I feel sorry for the turnip toffs  who have to kiss their butts and pretend their so interesting to talk to
kpzra

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2019, 04:47:08 AM »

I wonder why Kate never made her way to speak with Letizia.  Letizia came over to Kate.  Camilla and Sophie both spoke to both Queens.   Perhaps Kate was too lazy to go to Letizia?  But if Kate had disrespected Letizia, I'm sure Felipe would have had something to say. 

Or maybe she's shy. I'm fine with small talk with people I don't have to see again but those I will...shy town going on.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2019, 05:03:04 AM »

Wasn't it a WWI event where WK were terribly rude to Felipe and Letizia? Ignored them, didn't know who Felipe was - just appalling.

I think Kate is an introvert, but also very bad with other people. I always just think of what her cousin said around the engagement - if it doesn't concern her Kate just can't get into it and doesn't care. Being shy doesn't mean you are rude to people in the way the Cambridges can be. I'm terrible with small talk, but sometimes you have to do it because it is the polite thing to do.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2019, 05:14:37 AM »

Wasn't it a WWI event where WK were terribly rude to Felipe and Letizia? Ignored them, didn't know who Felipe was - just appalling.

I think Kate is an introvert, but also very bad with other people. I always just think of what her cousin said around the engagement - if it doesn't concern her Kate just can't get into it and doesn't care. Being shy doesn't mean you are rude to people in the way the Cambridges can be. I'm terrible with small talk, but sometimes you have to do it because it is the polite thing to do.

I thought it was Philippe and Mathilde ? Don't remember F&L attending any WWI event with W&K. I agree Kate is an introvert, she probably didn't know how to start a conversation with someone she  didn't know.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2019, 06:11:31 AM »

I remember Felipe was with Sarkozy. I think they ignored both of them. I remember the pictures and all of us dishing on it here!

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2019, 08:09:07 AM »

LOL, it totally looks like Kate said something quite appalling to Letizia, Camilla looks like she can't believe what she hears and Letizia is stone-cold aloof,

Then baam the shock registers  -->>>>

Camilla stares at Letizia open-mouthed - she is expecting Leti to strike back,
Letizia has this cold death glare, the face pulled tighter than the Brooklyn Bridge face and Kate grins with satisfaction...

Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2019, 09:04:09 AM »

I don't know what the ladies are talking about, but boy! what a difference posture makes! Letizia looks every inch the queen and Kate an amateur at best.
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2019, 09:39:53 AM »

Letizia has this cold death glare, the face pulled tighter than the Brooklyn Bridge face and Kate grins with satisfaction...

Wow, this is one of the most intense moments I've seen between royals. If stares could kill, Kate would be   Dead
I'd really like to know what was going on there!

BTW: Its such fun to see royals next to each other. I always though Letizia is tall but next to Kate, she's much shorter. Its not easy to be tall woman, perhaps that is why Kate so often seem to slouch?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »

Wow, this is one of the most intense moments I've seen between royals. If stares could kill, Kate would be   Dead

BTW: Its such fun to see royals next to each other. I always though Letizia is tall but next to Kate, she's much shorter. Its not easy to be tall woman, perhaps that is why Kate so often seem to slouch?
[/quote]

I am a female who is about 1.80 meters, and in the past I slouched a bit (predominantly as at that time several of my classmates etc. were smaller). But, learned by age and by stories and support of other tall women, to stand upright. Due to my flexibility and such I often seem to "hang in my joints" when I am not aware of my posture.

BTW: Maxima isn't small either. Still remember the fun pictures of WA and Max standing next to Fred and Mosh, and the last couple looked like dwarfs.

Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2019, 09:53:21 AM »

Just the second the photographer got the pic, but really funny. Looks like Kate "hissed" at Letizia she's leaning back and Camilla just looks horrified Blush Blush

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »

I thought it was Philippe and Mathilde ? Don't remember F&L attending any WWI event with W&K. I agree Kate is an introvert, she probably didn't know how to start a conversation with someone she  didn't know.

I think the incident with F&L was at the Olympics
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2019, 11:34:11 AM »

You guys are talking about two different "incidents."

At the Olympics W&K didn't recognize Daniel and CP of Sweden and totally ignored them. That was extra awkward.

The WWI commeration is not the same thing. Felipe walked past them while they were engaged in a conversation with then-French President François Hollande. People thought they ignored him and forgot to curtey/bow, but they didn't. The guests had already all met each boforehand and there is even a picture of Kate curteysing to Felipe.

And here William is seen talking to Felipe behind Kate and Mathilde.

So the only the first one is actual incident.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:47:11 AM by LongMaySheReign » Logged
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2019, 01:19:41 PM »

I am a female who is about 1.80 meters, and in the past I slouched a bit (predominantly as at that time several of my classmates etc. were smaller). But, learned by age and by stories and support of other tall women, to stand upright. Due to my flexibility and such I often seem to "hang in my joints" when I am not aware of my posture.

BTW: Maxima isn't small either. Still remember the fun pictures of WA and Max standing next to Fred and Mosh, and the last couple looked like dwarfs.

That is tall for a woman, you could be a model  Wink

WA and Maxima are indeed tall. Max seem to be proud of her height and has very nice posture. Its good WA is so tall, so Max can wear high heels.  When Fred and Mosh looked like dwarfs next to them, then how small QEII looks next to them. Loved this picture of three of them.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2019, 01:20:13 PM »

The reception was afterwards, if I remember correctly. We talked a lot about it here.

They ignored them. But that's them - rude.

It's off topic anyway.

Maxima looks so great in that photo. WA looks distinguished instead of silly, like so many do in that get up.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: