Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Day 2019  (Read 21849 times)
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2019, 05:16:04 PM »

Wow, this is truly awful. Is that a modesty patch sewn in at the very last second when the zipper was already closed?  Yikes BTW the zipper sure is under lots of pressure.  Sweating Sweating

Blink Yikes Blink

Not for modesty - imho a patch added because she didn't fit in any longer without such a patch (I guess the zipper went a bit higher previsouly).
Seriously - I appreciate that she wants to recycle even dresses not longer her size, but if THIS is how she does it ... NO.
What tailor does that that way and thinks it's OK for a Grand Duchess to enter a church on National Day with all eyes on her back ...?
And how she thought it's OK to wear that also totally escapes me.

Since thereís a patch in the back because it canít be zipped up all the way, the seamstress should have added something like a drapery at the back to hide it. They could have used the same fabric as the one in MTís sleeves. The drapery would have matched the flow the design of her dress sleeves.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2019, 05:37:56 PM »

Wow, this is truly awful. Is that a modesty patch sewn in at the very last second when the zipper was already closed?  Yikes BTW the zipper sure is under lots of pressure.  Sweating Sweating

Blink Yikes Blink

Not for modesty - imho a patch added because she didn't fit in any longer without such a patch (I guess the zipper went a bit higher previsouly).
Seriously - I appreciate that she wants to recycle even dresses not longer her size, but if THIS is how she does it ... NO.
What tailor does that that way and thinks it's OK for a Grand Duchess to enter a church on National Day with all eyes on her back ...?
And how she thought it's OK to wear that also totally escapes me.

Modesty patch alright... in a Ä3.815 dress from Fall/Winter 2018 Lanvin collection... Crazy

Pinkie

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »

Modesty patch alright... in a Ä3.815 dress from Fall/Winter 2018 Lanvin collection... Crazy

Good find.  Thumb up Star
Mind blowing that no one dares to talk her out of this dumb idea. I mean which self-respecting seamstress would do this to a dress by choice?  Yikes Crazy
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »

Itís ranks among the most horrible outfits worn by a royal woman to date IMO. Mostly because itís incredible that it wasnít fitted properly for her. At that price you would expect that. It also looks very, very good from the front. Itís almost obscene with such a poor fitting for such a dress (and event!).
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2019, 06:19:53 PM »

Good find.  Thumb up Star
Mind blowing that no one dares to talk her out of this dumb idea. I mean which self-respecting seamstress would do this to a dress by choice?  Yikes Crazy

One who wants to keep her job at all costs.
Lord G°n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2019, 06:20:30 PM »

When I was over 20ish I actually bought my own clothes... my parents paid before that but I was not a poor relative in terms of recycled tat .... my mother would have been so embarrassed if I turned up in her cast offs
Indeed. MT almost always turns up in new clothes for mayor events, while Alexandra and Stephanie wear her hand me downs and they rarely look good in them. Gives a strange impression imo.

MT's teeth look different, whiter and straighter. Did she get veneers?
It looks like something has been done. Her smile is different.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2019, 07:21:28 PM »

Wow ... so she bought that NEW from Lanvin and could not bring this French Luxury Label to make it fit properly for her with a 15 cm higher back?

That is even worse than having someone amatuerishly patching an old dress for sizing reasons ...
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2019, 08:27:45 PM »

It looks like the sleeves have been altered too.  Confused Wondering what the house of Lanvin thinks about that. Crazy
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2019, 09:03:35 PM »

It actually looks as though the patch is a different fabric to that in the dress - slightly different colour and texture.  And the very visible stitches...  Nerves

That brooch Stephanie was wearing is just fabulous!  Wonderful against red.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2019, 09:19:56 PM »

It actually looks as though the patch is a different fabric to that in the dress - slightly different colour and texture.  And the very visible stitches...  Nerves

Would have been better if she used similar to the translucent fabric from the sleeves as an illusion back and go up to the collar,  than this cheap fabric patch.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2019, 09:25:53 PM »

Would have been better if she used similar to the translucent fabric from the sleeves as an illusion back and go up to the collar,  than this cheap fabric patch.

She should've just bought the right size and not altered it in this horrible manner.
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2019, 10:05:20 PM »

It was probably not available in the right size and the original shows a back that is too low cut for such an event. So she let somebody put in a modesty patch and this ruined the dress and made it look as if she is bursting out of it. I don't think she realized how bad it looks from behind and she clearly wasn't herself during the event. She and Henri even forgot to bow at the altar when they left church. Pics from today's garden party are available, so far I only saw MT and Henri.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2019, 11:57:09 PM »

Wow ... so she bought that NEW from Lanvin and could not bring this French Luxury Label to make it fit properly for her with a 15 cm higher back?

That is even worse than having someone amatuerishly patching an old dress for sizing reasons ...

It was entirely amateurish, and MT should know better by now.  This family has a preternatural ability to make any outfit frumpy, but this was special.

It was way too small to begin with, as evidenced by visible rolls around the modesty patch. The alterations were badly done and turned a bad choice into a horrible choice.

I wonder how Alexandra will look in it later?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:04:26 AM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
Lord G°n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2019, 12:46:21 AM »

It was probably not available in the right size and the original shows a back that is too low cut for such an event. So she let somebody put in a modesty patch and this ruined the dress and made it look as if she is bursting out of it. I don't think she realized how bad it looks from behind and she clearly wasn't herself during the event. She and Henri even forgot to bow at the altar when they left church. Pics from today's garden party are available, so far I only saw MT and Henri.

Thanks for all the pictures .  Star
Good grief! Her forced smile doesn't show in her eyes. It must be painful after a time.  Sad
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2019, 12:52:06 AM »

Well there must be sth going on. Linus and Gui didn't attend any of the garden parties and at least Linus has no excuse not to go. Claire didn't attend the National Day at all and Felix left before the Te Deum. Henri and MT seemed to cling onto each other for dear life. They all seemed very tense during the whole event and MT and Henri even forgot to bow to the altar after church. I think this is not because GD Jean passed away, there seems to be sth else going on.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: