Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana - news  (Read 5967 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:11:46 PM »

Dear Maria, I know Diana is off topic in most cases. But I was wonder where to leave the following article:

https://www.nu.nl/film/59...n-in-the-bodyguard-2.html

Kevin Costner: "Princess Diana wanted to play the lead role in The Bodyguard 2"

According to Kevin Costner, Princess Diana would play the lead role in The Bodyguard 2, the sequel to the drama film with Whitney Houston. The princess who died in 1997 would play the same role as the singer did in the successful 1992 film.

According to Costner, The Bodyguard 2 would revolve around the character that would be played by Diana, a star attacked by stalkers and paparazzi.

The character of Costner, the bodyguard Frank Farmer, is called in to protect her and the two fall in love with each other.

The actor tells in conversation with PeopleTV that he received the script a day before Diana died in a car accident in August 1997. At that time he had already spoken to the princess about the film in a telephone conversation.

"I remember that she was very sweet and asked if we would have a pillow scene," he remembers. "She asked in a very respectful way, she was a little nervous because she led such a protected life. I said yes, that chance is there, but that will be fine."

Film and music were a great success in the 1990s

According to Costner, Sarah Ferguson, the ex-sister-in-law of Diana, was the one who brought the actor and the princess together. "She was very enthusiastic about the idea."

The Bodyguard raised 411 million dollars (363 million euros) and the soundtrack, including the song I Will Always Love You, is still the best-selling film album ever. A musical version of the romantic film was also made.

https://people.com/royals...quel-sarah-ferguson-help/
Este
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 08:59:04 PM »

Shameful the nastiness and cruelty about Diana being written about by a certain worthless in-law (allegedly) in the DailyMail. You would think that staining the Succession with false royal heirs would be bad enough. You don't get dark-brown eyed children from parents with light blue and green eyes.

This so-called inlaw wrote that Diana was essentially worthless and should have kept her legs together. Now is that okay behaviour? I mean, this JimmyAllenby really is a nasty and low character. Those of us with true royal lineage think this family and their alleged antics are horrible. Shame the Succession has come down to completely false royal heirs. I and many of my family and even friends have more royal blood than these people. Shameful!
bmbutler2

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 09:26:02 PM »

Dear Maria, I know Diana is off topic in most cases. But I was wonder where to leave the following article:

According to Kevin Costner, Princess Diana would play the lead role in The Bodyguard 2, the sequel to the drama film with Whitney Houston. The princess who died in 1997 would play the same role as the singer did in the successful 1992 film.

According to Costner, The Bodyguard 2 would revolve around the character that would be played by Diana, a star attacked by stalkers and paparazzi.

The character of Costner, the bodyguard Frank Farmer, is called in to protect her and the two fall in love with each other.

The actor tells in conversation with PeopleTV that he received the script a day before Diana died in a car accident in August 1997. At that time he had already spoken to the princess about the film in a telephone conversation.

"I remember that she was very sweet and asked if we would have a pillow scene," he remembers. "She asked in a very respectful way, she was a little nervous because she led such a protected life. I said yes, that chance is there, but that will be fine."

According to Costner, Sarah Ferguson, the ex-sister-in-law of Diana, was the one who brought the actor and the princess together. "She was very enthusiastic about the idea."

The Bodyguard raised 411 million dollars (363 million euros) and the soundtrack, including the song I Will Always Love You, is still the best-selling film album ever. A musical version of the romantic film was also made.

The Bodyguard info is old news and I would not (ever) believe a thing that Sarah Ferguson says. Most of what she has said has proven to be lies.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 10:25:28 PM »

Thanks for posting this - I vaguely remembered this from some interview Kevin gave but couldn’t remember the specifics.  Wouldn’t that have been something if it had come to pass?
Este
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 04:24:49 PM »

Shame that a certain person's in-law apparently posts quite openly about how it was no loss that Diana died at 36, that she a mixed-up woman, essentially a bad mother, and that she slept around and broke up marriages.  Nono

Gee, wonder if a certain prince is disgusted with what his apparent gravy-train loving band of gauche-climbing inlaws think of his own mother? Pathetic. (allegedly)

Best not the hand that feeds one's decrepit, nasty and vulgar climbing family. Smiley

jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 11:05:49 PM »

This will be a disaster
https://www.dailymail.co....a-new-biopic-Spencer.html
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 03:05:20 AM »

Yes, Kristen Stewart is an odd choice.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 03:41:02 AM »

Very odd. She has one expression- sullen.
Kins

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 07:49:33 PM »

^Agreed. Not sure what they see that we don't. Guess we will wait and see.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »

Couldn't they have found a British actress? Also, Kristen is 5'3" or so and Diana was 5'9" or 5'10". Kristen has green eyes and Diana blue. Very very odd choice. And she only has one expression--blank.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 07:50:36 AM »

I still haven't recovered from K.Stew's "portrayal" of Jean Seberg, now they want her blank canvas self to portray one of the most charismatic people of the 20th century, are the producers on LSD?
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 07:55:58 AM »

Maybe the worst casting ever  Crazy
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 08:39:11 AM »

I wonder if Isabella Calthorpe Branson auditioned. Can you imagine Will rushing to the premier and Kate figuring out a way to stay home.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 09:40:23 AM »

Kristen seems an odd choice for many of her roles but imo she has found her acting style, she is true to it and probably directors choose her because of it. I don't know why but she has many acting jobs so she is where she is for a reason. I believe that she can portray Diana's melancholic expression especially in connection with her relationship with Charles - since this is the focus of the movie. Apart from Kristen's acting skills, I think portraying people who are still alive (Charles) and/or their kids are still alive is very strange, it would make me extremely uncomfortable if I were in theirs shoes, and in some cases is even disrespectful.
If I remember correctly, the Monaco royal family wasn't happy with Nicole Kidman's film as Grace Kelly but the production went on. I'm not talking about censorship (nor a hagiography) but simply respecting the family members that are still out there trying to live their lives, dealing with personal relationships and a public image that are not completely in their control.

kbart

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2020, 12:27:32 PM »

Couldn't they have found a British actress? Also, Kristen is 5'3" or so and Diana was 5'9" or 5'10". Kristen has green eyes and Diana blue. Very very odd choice. And she only has one expression--blank.

I don't want to be heightist (am short myself) but I do think that Diana's height matters. She was imposing. It is said that Charles felt uncomfortable when she wore heels as then she was taller than him. Because of the early on on their marriage she did wear a lot of flats and those rather low-heeled court shoes around at the time. It was pre the Jimmy Choo era. Don't forget UK women tend to be shorter than their European counterparts - average height in the 80s was 5'2, now its 5'4. Diana was 5'10...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: