Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana - news  (Read 5969 times)
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »

I wouldn’t cast her to play a wet paper bag. So there’s that.

Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 08:54:46 PM »

Couldn't they have found a British actress? Also, Kristen is 5'3" or so and Diana was 5'9" or 5'10". Kristen has green eyes and Diana blue. Very very odd choice. And she only has one expression--blank.

I don't want to be heightist (am short myself) but I do think that Diana's height matters. She was imposing. It is said that Charles felt uncomfortable when she wore heels as then she was taller than him. Because of the early on on their marriage she did wear a lot of flats and those rather low-heeled court shoes around at the time. It was pre the Jimmy Choo era. Don't forget UK women tend to be shorter than their European counterparts - average height in the 80s was 5'2, now its 5'4. Diana was 5'10...
Charles and Diana were both 5 ' 10". That's why she was positioned one step below Charles in the engagement photos. You can see in the side by side walking photos they are the same height https://www.google.com/se...&bih=688&biw=1280 When the stamps were issued they showed him a head taller than her. He must have been standing on a box https://www.google.com/se...=688#imgrc=_1eEgKx6omN0zM:.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 01:19:20 AM »

Couldn't they have found a British actress? Also, Kristen is 5'3" or so and Diana was 5'9" or 5'10". Kristen has green eyes and Diana blue. Very very odd choice. And she only has one expression--blank.

I don't want to be heightist (am short myself) but I do think that Diana's height matters. She was imposing. It is said that Charles felt uncomfortable when she wore heels as then she was taller than him. Because of the early on on their marriage she did wear a lot of flats and those rather low-heeled court shoes around at the time. It was pre the Jimmy Choo era. Don't forget UK women tend to be shorter than their European counterparts - average height in the 80s was 5'2, now its 5'4. Diana was 5'10...
Charles and Diana were both 5 ' 10". That's why she was positioned one step below Charles in the engagement photos. You can see in the side by side walking photos they are the same height https://www.google.com/se...&bih=688&biw=1280 When the stamps were issued they showed him a head taller than her. He must have been standing on a box https://www.google.com/se...=688#imgrc=_1eEgKx6omN0zM:.

Nice finds, DoV!  Star

I had forgotten how she would scrunch herself up in the early days to look shorter.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 02:54:49 AM »

IMO, Kristen is actually a very good actress when the material she is given is good. There is only so much any actor can do with a weak script and trash directing.

It’s unfortunate what the Twilight films and ensuing fame trap did to her career. I know a lot of people still see her as an awkward 17 year old girl instead of a 30 year old woman.

But, like all things Diana, the performance and the film will either be a hit or a total miss.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 03:53:11 AM »

Agreed! I think she could be a better actress than previous films have given her the chance to show ... she was actually quite funny as a host of "Saturday Night Live" in New York ... but royal biopics are notoriously hard on any actor's career, (Nicole Kidman, anyone?) .. so it's not quite the role I would have chosen for her.  If she can at least manage Diana's uppercrust British accent I will consider it a great accomplishment 😊

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 04:40:04 AM »

Sounds like the actress won’t matter because the plot is pure Fiction.  Dians height and nationality appear to be just the tip of the iceberg of things they’re planning to get wrong.

https://www.dailymail.co....-Diana-wasnt-weekend.html
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »

Nice finds, DoV!  Star

I had forgotten how she would scrunch herself up in the early days to look shorter.
Hence her remark after the separation  was announced "Well, I can wear heels now".
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2020, 01:34:23 AM »

She's a bad actress. Her parents are in the business and I can only think that's why she was thrust on the poor movie-going public. Yes, I've seen her in things besides Twilight. She has one expression: blank stare.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2020, 10:15:42 PM »

They lost me at "she's the greatest actress of our generation..."

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2020, 09:51:43 AM »

Yikes

Personally I can't stand her acting....
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »

She is indeed, if the audience is deaf, dumb, blind and possessing the cognitive abilities of a foetus.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »

She is indeed, if the audience is deaf, dumb, blind and possessing the cognitive abilities of a foetus.

Star

LF your post reminds me of that story I read awhile ago abta theatre critic who profusly complimented the play...oh just marvellous acting...superb story...great costumes...except all the seats faced the theatre n I had to watch n hear it all

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
CurleySharon

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »

Very odd. She has one expression- sullen.

Diana did not have too many either - a smile and a sulk
CurleySharon

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 04:14:12 PM »

Kirsten or Diana ?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: