Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor blog  (Read 2195 times)
Kayzilla

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:08:26 PM »

Does anyone know if The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor blog is ever coming back? I really miss their posts.
Eglantine

Baby Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 01:12:18 PM »

Me too! I hope so, but it was soo much work. I do check the twitter and insta feeds. I have no indication that it will come back . Sad. It was an exceptional site .
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 01:25:27 PM »

IMO unlikely - I loved it but I guess there is so much toxic responses out there - We dish too but ..... when it becomes a chore with no end in sight time to go to sidelines
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »

It was a great, informative site! I hope she comes back soon but there's been several blogs that have shut down recently. Kate Middleton Review took a two week hiatus last January and never came back either. It's a shame because they all cover other royals as well which I really enjoyed, but with the influx of new "fans" of a certain royal, I don't blame them. I'd get sick of policing and constantly defending myself too - it takes the fun out of royal watching.
kathl29

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 02:21:56 PM »

I agree - I loved that blog. It was great for all the clothing pictures of the less popular royal families.

I wish it would come back without the British Royals as it would probably be back to what it was like originally without all the toxic angst.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 03:02:31 PM »

It was a great, informative site! I hope she comes back soon but there's been several blogs that have shut down recently. Kate Middleton Review took a two week hiatus last January and never came back either. It's a shame because they all cover other royals as well which I really enjoyed, but with the influx of new "fans" of a certain royal, I don't blame them. I'd get sick of policing and constantly defending myself too - it takes the fun out of royal watching.

HRH The Countess of Wessex blog closed recently too, and has something to do with Sophie herself....

Announcement: https://hrhthecountessofw...019/06/21/announcement-2/

ďyou canít have your cake and eat itĒ

(...)

You do not cut the wings of the one person who supported you without any hidden motives, with utmost respect, and who did a Diamond Challenge as THE ONLY royal blogger and received a Diamond Pin to support causes close to your heart.

(...)

Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 03:29:08 PM »

For the Sophie blogger announcement it (IMO) alludes to some sort of quid pro quo situation...probably just drops of info that aren't included in standard media packets rather than anything untoward...that was altered by Sophie or her office.  Or something similar that really angered the blogger.  This is just me reading between the lines and I could be way off the mark but that's my impression.

I for one don't like it when royals favor a specific blogger in return for free PR...it's just a little distasteful.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 03:56:52 PM »

At least she's still doing the Court Jeweler.  I really enjoyed the Royal Order of Satorial Splendor.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Large Member

Planning future havoc

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 04:30:34 PM »

I found the Order of Splendor before I wandered onto Royal Dish. It was always my go to site to have a quick look at all the outfits.

I enjoyed not only her in-depth coverage, but also the year end polls.

I never read the comments, hence I did not know how toxic things were getting.

I am grateful to have had the blog, and very appreciative that she has kept the Jewel Vault going. It feeds my inner magpie . . . .
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 05:21:58 PM »

Royal Hats is a brilliant blog, very informative (you learn SO much about hat construction) and the comments are always very sensible (and obviously well moderated).

For DoC/DoS fashion reviews, Tom and Lorenzo are pretty entertaining, even though it's not a royal blog. https://tomandlorenzo.com...ine-duchess-of-cambridge/

Currently visualizing my highest self
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 07:34:30 PM »

Agrre that The Court Jeweller and Royal Hats are good for their respective topics, and the Jewel Vault for all HM/DoC/Camila related jewels.

For Max / Mathilde, the Dutch http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl is very good.

For Leti, the Spanish https://www.semana.es/cas...reales/elarmariodeletizia has good outfit coverage.

And at the end of the day, RD was and still is the to-go site offering the broadest spectrum!
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 07:50:57 PM »

I found the Order of Splendor before I wandered onto Royal Dish. It was always my go to site to have a quick look at all the outfits.

I am grateful to have had the blog, and very appreciative that she has kept the Jewel Vault going. It feeds my inner magpie . . . .

I also visited the blog daily for years and miss it a lot. Likewise I never read the comments, so I had no idea things got problematic. Was it because of the Sussex woman that things went downhill?? Her stans?
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 07:53:53 PM »

I also visited the blog daily for years and miss it a lot. Likewise I never read the comments, so I had no idea things got problematic. Was it because of the Sussex woman that things went downhill?? Her stans?

Stans and haters. I think debate from both sides got so extreme and aggressive that moderating comments ended up being a full time job for a lot of previously laid-back royal blogs.

Currently visualizing my highest self
Kayzilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 11:10:23 PM »

HRH The Countess of Wessex blog closed recently too, and has something to do with Sophie herself....

Announcement: https://hrhthecountessofw...019/06/21/announcement-2/

ďyou canít have your cake and eat itĒ

(...)

You do not cut the wings of the one person who supported you without any hidden motives, with utmost respect, and who did a Diamond Challenge as THE ONLY royal blogger and received a Diamond Pin to support causes close to your heart.

(...)

Oh, I was wondering what had happened to her blog too. I didnít know she rode the Diamond Challenge herself because of Countess Sophie- that is quite impressive!

Order of Splendor- if youíre reading- please disable the comments and come back! I donít think I ever even noticed your posts had a comment section anyway. Iím only there for your meticulous details!
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 11:21:22 PM »

Would be cool if they even did a monthly post or a post every three months with a round up.
However I donít think itís a coincidence that during the time there was a lot of attacks to people who spoke about Royals online from a certain fan base of a certain newcomer The Royal Order...closed their blog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: