Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria's 42nd birthday - 2019  (Read 15231 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 02:12:43 PM »

Chris looks thrilled as always to be around his in-laws Grin Kind of refreshing to have a married-in who so clearly did not chose their spouse for their title and the attention it brings.

Some other RD members already mentioned he looked old fast, but I didn't saw it before. Now, when looking at these pictures I can understand.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 03:39:53 PM »

Happy birthday Vic!   Champagne

It is such a treat to see Estelle and Oscar so much.  I don't know who allowed them both to grow up so quickly; I can't believe it!  I absolutely adore seeing Oscar's huge smile.  These Swedish babes (all of them) absolutely kill me. 

I hope that Sof's years are catching up to her but if they aren't, I simply wish for a third boy. 

Madeleine looks beautiful, as usual and Christopher looks like he'd rather be anywhere else, as usual.   Wink
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »

Happy Birthday Victoria, and blessings for many more.  Sweden couldn't ask for a better Crown Princess and family.

Two questions for posters more in the know than I:

Do they celebrate the real day no matter when? I know QEII of the UK is actually born in April but her 'official' birthday is in June.

I have noticed the ladies dressing in traditional dress for several occasions. Does CG ever do so?

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 04:28:24 PM »

Happy Birthday Victoria, and blessings for many more.  Sweden couldn't ask for a better Crown Princess and family.

Do they celebrate the real day no matter when? I know QEII of the UK is actually born in April but her 'official' birthday is in June.

I have noticed the ladies dressing in traditional dress for several occasions. Does CG ever do so?

I guess it variates per family and when the birthday is.....

f.e. the birthday of Beatrix is January 31. Often it is too cold and bad weather for outdoor festivities and such. Also in honor of her mother Juliana (whose birthday was April 30) she decided to celebrate Queensday (a.k.a. her birthday celebrations) on April 30. At first people wondered if Willem-Alexander would keep the date, his own birthday is April 27. But the celebrations, now of course called Kingsday, moved from April 30 to April 27. Just like before it is only cancelled and/or moved if something big/bad/etc. happened or if it is on a Sunday.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »

I'm permanently jealous of Madde's hair.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2019, 06:19:13 PM »

I think Madde generally tones down her dress style on Victoria day, the attention should be on the birthday girl, not the outfit of her sister. Hoefia's earrings remind me of the ones Madde wore to the same event either last year or the year before. Either way, she's certainly copying Madde's recent love of wearing big earrings.
If she's pregnant again, I'm not too fussed, she'll have attention then be on maternity leave giving us all peace for a while. And she doesn't parade her kids about constantly which I credit her for.

Congrats on 500 posts! Star Champagne
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2019, 06:20:58 PM »

f.e. the birthday of Beatrix is January 31. Often it is too cold and bad weather for outdoor festivities and such. Also in honor of her mother Juliana (whose birthday was April 30) she decided to celebrate Queensday (a.k.a. her birthday celebrations) on April 30. At first people wondered if Willem-Alexander would keep the date, his own birthday is April 27. But the celebrations, now of course called Kingsday, moved from April 30 to April 27. Just like before it is only cancelled and/or moved if something big/bad/etc. happened or if it is on a Sunday.

I think it's a nice coincidence that the Crownprincess (and future Queen) of Sweden coming from a french dynasty has her birthday on French national day.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2019, 06:23:55 PM »

OT, but if you should ever visit Austria: In Bad Ischl on 18th August the birthday of FJ is still celebrated by local groups. It's quite fun. I was once there by chance.
Alister
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2019, 06:39:07 PM »

Chris looks thrilled as always to be around his in-laws Grin Kind of refreshing to have a married-in who so clearly did not chose their spouse for their title and the attention it brings.

I agree, himself and Jack Brooksbank both, although I get the impression sometimes from both that, as private citizens, they would prefer not be to
part of the circus that is royalty. JMO
lizzie78

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2019, 07:37:06 PM »

I'm permanently jealous of Madde's hair.

Me too! She is just gorgeous! 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2019, 07:56:54 PM »

How on earth can Made walk in those things? Nerves

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »

How on earth can Made walk in those things? Nerves

She must be trained...

It's always a wonder no royal lady has been spotted falling flat on her face during a gala dinner because she wore mega high stilettos with * shudder* floor-length gowns. With trains.  Nerves

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »

They go well with her outfit but it certainly doesn't look comfortable to walk on grass in such high heels..

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:11:12 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
lizzie78

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2019, 09:08:35 PM »

I absolutely love that outfit Madde is wearing! I even love the shoes but I could never wear heels that high. Is there an ID of the shirt/skirt yet?
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2019, 09:18:19 PM »

I think Madde generally tones down her dress style on Victoria day, the attention should be on the birthday girl, not the outfit of her sister. Hoefia's earrings remind me of the ones Madde wore to the same event either last year or the year before. Either way, she's certainly copying Madde's recent love of wearing big earrings.
If she's pregnant again, I'm not too fussed, she'll have attention then be on maternity leave giving us all peace for a while. And she doesn't parade her kids about constantly which I credit her for.

Congrats on 500 posts! Star Champagne

Thank you!! I hadn't even noticed!!  Thumb up Star
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: