Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Holidays 2019  (Read 28701 times)
Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2019, 10:05:20 PM »

For anyone interested, here is the original article/ video Semana is referring to ("Daddy, stay with me").
https://www.bunte.de/roya...tzlich-ganz-unsicher.html

It's not half as negative as they pretend.

They probably used the Bunte article as a buffer for what they wanted to say. I did think it was weird how they justified themselves "we don't think like that, but abroad..."

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »

For anyone interested, here is the original article/ video Semana is referring to ("Daddy, stay with me").
https://www.bunte.de/roya...tzlich-ganz-unsicher.html

It's not half as negative as they pretend.

In fact you wonder which article the spanish journalist read and translated.
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2019, 10:46:15 PM »

@CasaReal

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2019, 12:11:09 AM »

I'm not sure Sofia is the one to mentor the young Leonor.  She put up with a cheating, animal killing a**hole all to keep a title.  She also raised Crustina, which is a blight on her name as a parent. 

In Sofia's defense, where was she going to go if she left JC,  her brother had been thrown out of Greece and had his own problems plus it seems (I am not sure and have no proof) that Pss Irene was dependant on her. As for Cristina, no matter the failings of her parents, she is an adult, knew the difference between right and wrong and had agency.  I hate it when adults blame their parents for their own failings.

As for the issue with Leonore, whatever her reasons for being clingy be they benign or calculating, Sofia is in the wrong because Leo has made it clear that she does not like the hand holding and Sofia should respect her wishes.

My point, of course, being that Sofia doesn't make good choices - whatever the excuses - and that she might not be a good mentor.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2019, 01:14:47 AM »

I'm not sure Sofia is the one to mentor the young Leonor.  She put up with a cheating, animal killing a**hole all to keep a title.  She also raised Crustina, which is a blight on her name as a parent. 

In Sofia's defense, where was she going to go if she left JC,  her brother had been thrown out of Greece and had his own problems plus it seems (I am not sure and have no proof) that Pss Irene was dependant on her. As for Cristina, no matter the failings of her parents, she is an adult, knew the difference between right and wrong and had agency.  I hate it when adults blame their parents for their own failings.

As for the issue with Leonore, whatever her reasons for being clingy be they benign or calculating, Sofia is in the wrong because Leo has made it clear that she does not like the hand holding and Sofia should respect her wishes.

My point, of course, being that Sofia doesn't make good choices - whatever the excuses - and that she might not be a good mentor.

I’m still trying to figure out how she’s “retired”. We see that blue hair fairly often for someone who is not a reigning monarch.
Flanagan

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2019, 01:59:45 AM »

I’m still trying to figure out how she’s “retired”. We see that blue hair fairly often for someone who is not a reigning monarch.

Star  Ah, AB, you may need the "lifestyle expert" to explain that one!  I was going through the threads and the "blue hair" is everywhere Leti and Flip are.  I think she parks herself by the front door 24/7 "just in case" an attempt by the family for a little alone time is made.  If I were Leti I would beg for a spoon to scoop my eyes out!  Yikes   Snare
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2019, 05:13:22 AM »

I was about to say the same thing.
Sofia loved being queen and I think JC loved being king. JC abdicated because he had to. Sofia didn't want to abdicate anything.
While JC seems to enjoy being in the background and cutting back on public appearances and going on holidays, Sofia didn't want to do that.
She is too visible for a retired queen consort. She must be an annoying, domineering mother-in-law.

Compare her to Queen Bee who specifically intended for her heir and daughter-in-law to shine as the new monarchs. She hardly appears for official events and she appears to enjoy her retirement. And she went further by changing her title to princess.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2019, 05:25:38 AM »

I was about to say the same thing.
Sofia loved being queen and I think JC loved being king. JC abdicated because he had to. Sofia didn't want to abdicate anything.
While JC seems to enjoy being in the background and cutting back on public appearances and going on holidays, Sofia didn't want to do that.
She is too visible for a retired queen consort. She must be an annoying, domineering mother-in-law.

Compare her to Queen Bee who specifically intended for her heir and daughter-in-law to shine as the new monarchs. She hardly appears for official events and she appears to enjoy her retirement. And she went further by changing her title to princess.

Oh I Stan the Dutch Queen solely for the fact that Wilhelmina, Juliana, and Beatrix all went back to being Princesses when they each abdicated...deep respect.  Though I do like The Emperor Emeritus and The Empress Emerita of Japan...make me think of The Pope Emeritus (Benedict XVI).  But Spain (and Belgium) sorry you're not King and Queen any more...I would have given them credit if they reverted to Infante Juan Carlos and Infanta Sofía but they didn't.

And Sofía gets on my last nerve the way she's always the fifth wheel and hangs on to Leonor for dear life.  Lord woman have some class.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2019, 07:14:20 AM »

[/quote]

ITA  Snare   Star

[/quote]

[/quote]

not only doesn't Sofia the Elder make lousy choices, she also says lousy things that offend Crap

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2019, 07:41:08 AM »

I don’t think she has retired, has she? She and JC became “emeritus” king and queen, but JC only actually retired a couple of months ago.

I think one of the issues is the lack of active members in the SRF. A few years back, before all the scandal, there were six adults available for engagements (jC, Sofia, Felipe, Letizia, Elena and Cristina. I’m not counting Jaime or Iñaki as I don’t think they ever did engagements individually). Now there are three, and Sofia is still an official member of the royal family and apparently still willing to “work”, insofar as what any royal does can be considered work, even though she’s in her 80s.

I do think she’s OTT with the handholding, but I don’t think she should be retired if she doesn’t want to be.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2019, 08:56:54 AM »

I don't think she has accepted her retirement. You never see Exqueen Paola or Exqueen Beatrix so desperate.
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »

She is not even THE queen consort any more. But she comes second to her son in acceptance polls,while QL always draws the short stick -- even  JC fares better. No matter what QL does or fails to do  because she has been sentenced from the start.   sigh & shrug

lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2019, 10:01:30 AM »

King Felipe, Queen Letizia and their daughters visit this Thursday the Son Marroig House Museum in Mallorca. The royal family plans to visit at 10 am a private visit to this private institution created in 1927 with the purpose of preserving, divulging and promoting the emblematic figure of Archduke Luis Salvador.

https://www.que.es/ultima...ig-junto-a-sus-hijas.html

Archduke Ludwig Salvator of Austria

https://en.wikipedia.org/...udwig_Salvator_of_Austria

Archduke Luis Salvador of Austria, the explorer who loved the Mare Nostrum

https://www.illesbalears....ho-loved-the-mare-nostrum

Photos

https://josepgegundez.pho...Z3AX0rBc/C000068aKG.mLQJ0

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:26:41 AM by lula » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2019, 10:12:07 AM »

I don't think she has accepted her retirement. You never see Exqueen Paola or Exqueen Beatrix so desperate.

IMO Beatrix decided for herself that it had been enough. She was queen regnant for >30 years and lots of her sorrows, pain but even beautiful/wonderful moments were (partially) in the public eye. Time to enjoy retirement. And I guess she has money and such enough, she can do the things she prefers to do.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »

IMO Beatrix decided for herself that it had been enough. She was queen regnant for >30 years and lots of her sorrows, pain but even beautiful/wonderful moments were (partially) in the public eye. Time to enjoy retirement. And I guess she has money and such enough, she can do the things she prefers to do.

Yes of course. Beatrix' case is different, but she can certainly be compared to Paola, whom I've never seen dragging along with Mathilde and the children and desperately grabbing Elisabeth's hand.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: