Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and pics of Harry and Meghan 08/19  (Read 83032 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: September 10, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »

Well, if anyone can spot “down-to-earth” it’s the multimillionaire television personality with a reputation for being a hellacious b***h behind the scenes to her staff and crew.

Banana  excellent burn (and a great giggle first thing in the morning)  Hug  clearly they have a lot in common

Ellen...REALLY??    It's hilarious.  That new PR firm dropping hateful blind items, getting minor celebrities (I'm not an Ellen fan, she's too fawning and IMO not really funny anymore, she used to be, no more) to blah blah blah and trying to turn People mag in to mememegain news are spinning their wheels.  It's like the Kardashians, they get news because they pay for it, it's not spontaneous adulation, most people can't stand any one of them.  The same applies to the sukettes, it smells of pathetic desperation.  JMO if they were going to be a media sensation it would happen naturally, I think this tactic turns more people off them than it helps garner respect.   (snort laughing...I just used respect in relation to the suckettes, that never happens  )     

I have to ask, I see stories all the time naming personalities from UK or all over, I have no idea who they are and really don't care.  Is the same applying in England with these silly stories?   Do people read these stories with US personalities and know them or even care?   She may love having these "power figures" at her beck and call but what does it really advance, other them her personal adulation? It's stupid, selfish and blind to consequences.   They're both as dumb as rocks but it's going to be fun to watch and great dishing.                 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: September 10, 2019, 02:44:48 PM »

Ellen has the highest rated daytime talk show doesn't she? What market is Sparkles going for - the super mommy shoppers who may pick up a People/scroll through Insta and relate to the pain of a woman 'under attack' by her employers etc or is it the younger crowd who ma scroll through Insta/buy whatever she is wearing and relate to the fantasy of marrying a prince? Because Ellen is the target for the much larger former group I would think.

Interesting how she got to do almost the exact same thing Jane Goodall got to do - 'hold and feed him'. I mean not like someone was going to be discussing theoretical physics with the kid, just found it interesting.

I bet Sparkles just loves having all these Ho'wood power figures at her beck and call now.

I just can't figure out what's in it for Ellen, Amal, etc... Say what you want about them, but both are hardworking women whose success is their own, not because they married some halfwit who won the genetic lottery. Does royalty really have that much appeal still to otherwise intelligent-seeming people? To be fair, I love royals and there are plenty I'd try to go out and see if they were in my town, but I don't get why these successful women are fawning all over her when she has done absolutely nothing.
LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: September 10, 2019, 04:08:20 PM »

Ellen has the highest rated daytime talk show doesn't she? What market is Sparkles going for - the super mommy shoppers who may pick up a People/scroll through Insta and relate to the pain of a woman 'under attack' by her employers etc or is it the younger crowd who ma scroll through Insta/buy whatever she is wearing and relate to the fantasy of marrying a prince? Because Ellen is the target for the much larger former group I would think.

Interesting how she got to do almost the exact same thing Jane Goodall got to do - 'hold and feed him'. I mean not like someone was going to be discussing theoretical physics with the kid, just found it interesting.

I bet Sparkles just loves having all these Ho'wood power figures at her beck and call now.

I just can't figure out what's in it for Ellen, Amal, etc... Say what you want about them, but both are hardworking women whose success is their own, not because they married some halfwit who won the genetic lottery. Does royalty really have that much appeal still to otherwise intelligent-seeming people? To be fair, I love royals and there are plenty I'd try to go out and see if they were in my town, but I don't get why these successful women are fawning all over her when she has done absolutely nothing.

Being paid perhaps? Maybe promises of more royal connections to royals closer to the crown?
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: September 10, 2019, 04:11:24 PM »

Being paid perhaps? Maybe promises of more royal connections to royals closer to the crown?

It's simpler than that: narcs gonna narc.*

_______
*narcissists.

Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: September 10, 2019, 05:00:50 PM »

I'm glad you made that clarification, especially when it comes to these two, you know.  Secret
Music in Motion

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: September 11, 2019, 02:59:32 AM »

This is what I think is behind so much of her actions and attitude. She grew up in LA, but low in the social hierarchy. Yes, she went to a private school, but not a very elite one. Yes, her father was in the entertainment industry, but worked as a crew member mostly in soaps and on a sitcom known for tacky humor. She never really made it as an actress in LA, she had to go to Toronto to do a C list cable show . Now, in her mind, she’s finally getting the recognition she’s always felt she deserved from Hollywood. The biggest stars in the world, Ellen, Elton, George, Serena, are her friends. All the people who never even gave her a shot are finally paying attention.  She’s for sure relishing it.
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: September 11, 2019, 03:11:51 AM »

This is what I think is behind so much of her actions and attitude. She grew up in LA, but low in the social hierarchy. Yes, she went to a private school, but not a very elite one. Yes, her father was in the entertainment industry, but worked as a crew member mostly in soaps and on a sitcom known for tacky humor. She never really made it as an actress in LA, she had to go to Toronto to do a C list cable show . Now, in her mind, she’s finally getting the recognition she’s always felt she deserved from Hollywood. The biggest stars in the world, Ellen, Elton, George, Serena, are her friends. All the people who never even gave her a shot are finally paying attention.  She’s for sure relishing it.

Well said Star
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: September 11, 2019, 03:29:03 AM »

This is what I think is behind so much of her actions and attitude. She grew up in LA, but low in the social hierarchy. Yes, she went to a private school, but not a very elite one. Yes, her father was in the entertainment industry, but worked as a crew member mostly in soaps and on a sitcom known for tacky humor. She never really made it as an actress in LA, she had to go to Toronto to do a C list cable show . Now, in her mind, she’s finally getting the recognition she’s always felt she deserved from Hollywood. The biggest stars in the world, Ellen, Elton, George, Serena, are her friends. All the people who never even gave her a shot are finally paying attention.  She’s for sure relishing it.

ITA. all first names. All on speed dial   Banana

Star for you Thumb up

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: September 11, 2019, 04:00:14 AM »

Good post

She's loving it.  Lapping it up. 

And don't forget her admirer Beyonce, who wouldn't have given her so much as a second glance before she married Harry.

Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: September 11, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »

And those folks didnt get to where they are, and stay at the top of the heap, by not playing the game of 'you stroke my back Ill stroke yours.' To live such a disingenuous life I can't imagine, and I bet many here can't imagine, but I suppose at some point famous people learn to live with it, succumb completely, or blow up trying to reconcile their inner morals with external expectations. Or are just a straight narcissist and then, well, it doesn't matter Smiley
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: September 11, 2019, 01:46:15 PM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping

Exactly, a show that was so random, and predictable, that noone heard about it until she got married to a British prince, same goes for her, nobody was also aware of her existence until Harry put her on the map. I said it before, and I'm going to do it all over again, I'm sure one of those "friends" is a godparent to their son, and my money is on Clooney. As you all imagine, those relationships come at a price, let's all hope, for her sake, that they won't get to the point of being too expensive to hold.  Secret

In the end, what shocks me the most about her behaviour is how quickly she disposed of the few friends she had, prior to her wedding, for (new) jet set ones. Despite how much I dislike them, I'll have to acknowledge her family might have a point on everything they stated about her, yes, it was both horrible and inappropriate, that is a fact, however, at this point I do think they are not mistaken.
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: September 11, 2019, 07:37:51 PM »

Yes. Yes. Yes. ALL THIS. This is what DRIVES ME crazy about her. You ain't special, Sparkles!!! You're not entitled to this recognition!! Get over yourself already, ya narcissist!!  Roll Eyes

Star Music!
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: September 11, 2019, 07:50:38 PM »

These celebrities who live behind the gates are giving her attention because of her royal status only. When you are Ellen Degeneres you can only be friends with other tippy top of the social heap people. Ellen isn't going to befriend the single mom she runs into at the coffee shop at the bottom of the hill she's only going to be friends with someone who is also behind the gates so to speak. So automatically Sparkles qualifies but like you say Ellen and Amal and Elton and Serena and Beyonce earned their wealth and right to live above us peasants. I expect Elton will always be generous to Harry and William so as long as Meghan is around she will get that too. If she and Harry split I would imagine it would be hard for Elton to disrespect the son of his "bestie" by keeping her close although he will always probably be kind. Beyonce will shut that door just as fast as she opened it. These people are interested in protecting their penthouses from the plebs. If Sparkles gets dirt on her guess what bye girlfriend.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: September 11, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »

These celebrities who live behind the gates are giving her attention because of her royal status only. When you are Ellen Degeneres you can only be friends with other tippy top of the social heap people. Ellen isn't going to befriend the single mom she runs into at the coffee shop at the bottom of the hill she's only going to be friends with someone who is also behind the gates so to speak. So automatically Sparkles qualifies but like you say Ellen and Amal and Elton and Serena and Beyonce earned their wealth and right to live above us peasants. I expect Elton will always be generous to Harry and William so as long as Meghan is around she will get that too. If she and Harry split I would imagine it would be hard for Elton to disrespect the son of his "bestie" by keeping her close although he will always probably be kind. Beyonce will shut that door just as fast as she opened it. These people are interested in protecting their penthouses from the plebs. If Sparkles gets dirt on her guess what bye girlfriend.
If that situation should ever arise,  H & M splitting, well, it will so much worse than anything we've seen before, and trust me, I'm in for that show. 
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: September 11, 2019, 08:30:56 PM »

ITA  Star

Though Imelda is using them just as much as they're using her, I'd say even more. Only Serena has so far understood this.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: