Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Astrid & Family News  (Read 94495 times)
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2022, 06:29:33 PM »

And, although I don't understand too much Dutch, I get the impression that Astrid and Lorenz are very happy and welcoming to their future son in law.
Him being jewish is no problem at all, that is really very nice IMO

I didn't say it would be a problem and I hope I didn't even imply it.  I have attended RC weddings that were "smaller scale" ceremonies because one of the couple was not RC.  Similar to the Wales wedding in 2005:  it was a blessing, not a full sacramental ceremony, because of her marital status.  Just wondered about the RC ceremonies these days.
loveofenglishtradition

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: September 03, 2022, 10:45:39 AM »

Oh no, you didn't say it is a problem. I used the wrong word. I just wondered how a catholic wedding will be when the partner is of a different religion.
Yesterday I read that it will be a catholic ceremony with jewish worship elements.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2022, 09:08:17 AM »

And, although I don't understand too much Dutch, I get the impression that Astrid and Lorenz are very happy and welcoming to their future son in law.
Him being jewish is no problem at all, that is really very nice IMO

Loosely translated as:

Emotional princess Astrid talks about marriage Maria-Laura: "William is like a son to us"

ROYALTY- The countdown is about to begin. On Saturday September 10, Princess Maria Laura (33), the eldest daughter of Princess Astrid and niece of King Philippe, will give her yes to British-French asset manager William Isvy. The final details of their marriage were announced on Friday during a press conference in the cathedral of Brussels. Princess Astrid and her husband Lorenz were also present, and the bride's mom even had to swallow some tears.

Hervé Verhoosel, the private spokesperson for the family of Astrid and Lorenz, explained how the wedding day of Princess Maria Laura and William Isvy will go exactly. In addition, Princess Astrid and her husband Lorenz also made their appearance during the press conference. “First of all I would like to thank everyone for the great interest in our daughter. We really did not expect this," said Princess Astrid. "My husband and I are very excited for our daughter," said a clearly emotional princess Astrid. “It is a very big event for us. It was important for Laura to get married in Brussels because she was born and raised here. She loves her city.”

Astrid and Lorenz also had some praise for their future son-in-law William. “He is like a son to us.” She continues: “He is very brave, works very hard, has a lot of humor, is sporty. He also has many similarities with her father. And my daughter has always had a lot of admiration for her father.”

Civil ceremony in an intimate circle
As we already knew, the wedding will take place on Saturday, September 10. In the morning, the newlyweds will marry before the law in the town hall on the Grote Markt, in an intimate circle. Only close relatives will be present. The mayor will speak in Dutch, French, German and English, as part of William's family speaks English. Of course, the royal family will also be present. These include Prince Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent, Princess Claire, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde. Princess Delphine is also expected. As witnesses, Laura chose her younger sisters Luisa (26) and Laetitia (19), William for his brother and sister. The guests will enter the town hall through the main courtyard and the cadets of the Brussels Police, who are between 15 and 18 years old, will form a guard of honour.

In the afternoon, nearly 500 guests will take part in the religious ceremony at the cathedral. The party starts at 2:30 PM and will last just over an hour. Both Catholic and Jewish songs will be played during the ceremony. The songs in question were all handpicked by Princess Maria Laura and William, who is of Jewish descent, herself. The first guests will gradually arrive from 1 pm. Immediate family arrives after 2.15 pm, followed by the newlyweds. Princess Maria Laura will be accompanied by her father Prince Lorenz. In addition, Anna Astrid and Maximilian, the children of Prince Amedeo and his wife Lili, also get a special role.

Carefully selected wedding dress
At the end of the ceremony, some guests, before the bride and groom, will leave the cathedral. They will then sit on either side of the stairs to cheer and congratulate the couple. Afterwards, the couple leaves in a car that William has selected himself. Princess Maria Laura's future husband will also drive the car himself. No details are known about the wedding dress of Princess Maria Laura for the time being. During the press conference, some said that the princess has "chosen her dress carefully". The designer's name will not be announced until next week, on the wedding day itself. The wedding day of the bridal couple is concluded with a private reception, dinner and evening party. A family photo will also be taken to immortalize this memorable day.

Maria Laura and William live and work in London. She earns a living at an organization that works for children, he is an asset manager. They have known each other since 2015. They announced their engagement at the end of last year. Maria Laura and William then declared they were "very happy and impatient" to "start this new chapter of our lives". The wedding of Princess Maria Laura and William is the first royal wedding in the Belgian royal family since 2014. Then Laura's older brother Amedeo (36) pledged eternal loyalty to the Italian Elisabetta (34) in Rome. The fact that Princess Maria Laura chooses to marry in Belgium is partly a symbolic decision. "This is the opportunity for Laura to help her in-laws to discover Brussels and her beautiful homeland even better," said Hervé Verhoosel, the private spokesperson for the family of Astrid and Lorenz. “And it's also in the same town hall that her parents got married on September 22, 1984.”
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2022, 09:14:25 AM »

https://www.hln.be/royalt...aniseerd-worden~a67e7151/

Loosely translated as:

Princess Maria Laura wants a marriage without prying eyes: “Civil ceremony will be organized in an intimate circle”

ROYALTY - Princess Maria Laura (33), daughter of Princess Astrid and niece of King Philippe, is doing everything she can to keep her impending wedding private. Only close family will hear her say 'yes' to British-French asset manager William Isvy on September 10.

Maria Laura and William will marry on Saturday September 10 in Brussels. They will be married before the law in the morning in the town hall on the Grote Markt. “The couple insists that this civil ceremony be held in an intimate circle. Only close relatives will be present," said Hervé Verhoosel, private spokesperson for the married couple. "As witnesses, Laura chose her younger sisters Luisa (26) and Laetitia (19), William for his brother and sister."

500 guests
The religious wedding will be celebrated at 2.30 pm in the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula and is dedicated by Cardinal Jozef De Kesel, Archbishop of Mechelen-Brussels. “Five hundred Belgian and foreign guests have been invited to the service, including all members of the royal family,” Verhoosel continues.

It will be a Catholic celebration. But since William is a Jew, influences from that religion will also be integrated into the service. “The couple wanted songs to play an important role. Christian and Jewish songs are also performed. In addition to the parents, the bridal couple's brothers and sisters and some close friends will help organize the party and receive the guests.'

Maria Laura and William live and work in London. She earns a living at an organization that works for children, he is an asset manager. They have known each other since 2015. They announced their engagement at the end of last year. Maria Laura and William then declared they were "very happy and impatient" to "start this new chapter of our lives".

This article is including a video, which was released by the Belgian Royal Palace/ House upon Maria Laura's engagement
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2022, 12:04:42 PM »

Sounds fair enough - 500 people is still a huge wedding for a minor member of the royal house.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2022, 12:26:36 AM »

Sounds fair enough - 500 people is still a huge wedding for a minor member of the royal house.

There are a lot of Hapsburgs in the wild. These events usually include multiple generations of related royal lines (e.g. the deLignes, Leichtenstein) - not just Hapsburgs.

Maria Laura has many cousins in her generation who aren't just relatives. They are also part of her social circle. Luxembourg, Bonaparte, Liechtenstein, ... The same folks who attended the recent Leichtenstein weddings. Just her social circle alone probably make up 200 guests. Then add the groom's guests and Astrid/Lorenz's generation of associates.

I kind of envy Maria Laura who grew up with so many cousins her age close by. Belgium, Lux, Leichtenstein, ... these countries are pretty close to each other. If someone throws a party, the others in neighboring countries could easily attend.
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2022, 06:25:52 AM »

There are a lot of Hapsburgs in the wild. These events usually include multiple generations of related royal lines (e.g. the deLignes, Leichtenstein) - not just Hapsburgs.

Maria Laura has many cousins in her generation who aren't just relatives. They are also part of her social circle. Luxembourg, Bonaparte, Liechtenstein, ... The same folks who attended the recent Leichtenstein weddings. Just her social circle alone probably make up 200 guests. Then add the groom's guests and Astrid/Lorenz's generation of associates.

I kind of envy Maria Laura who grew up with so many cousins her age close by. Belgium, Lux, Leichtenstein, ... these countries are pretty close to each other. If someone throws a party, the others in neighboring countries could easily attend.

Dozens of Habsburgs, Luxes and Liechtensteins in dozens of fugly outfits.  It's going to be a great dishing event.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: