In October 2019, an official Danish business delegation will travel to Paris on the occasion of a Royal Visit by Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark. The main focus of the visit will be strengthening economic ties between Denmark and France. Delegates will participate in a two day programme of networking events, seminars and site visits. Delegates will meet potential customers and partners as well as gain new insights into market opportunities in France.
The visit provides an excellent opportunity for Danish companies to acquire and nurture business contacts in France and to meet business representatives, organisations, public authorities, media, and knowledge-based institutions.WHY FRANCE?
France is the world’s 6th largest economy and is characterised by a modern and diversified economy. Danish exports of goods and services to France have increased by 10% in 2018 compared to 2017. Danish exports of goods and services to France amounted to DKK 28.8 billion and DKK 10.7 billion, respectively, in 2018. This makes France Denmark’s 8th biggest export market.
However, Danish exports to France are still only around ¼ of the exports to Germany and ½ of exports to Norway, indicating an untapped potential for Danish companies.
Activities, seminars and events during the visit will take place under three sector themes. Priority will be given to companies from the following sectors:
Healthcare with focus on “Elder Care”, “Smart Hospitals” and “Life Science”
Energy and Sustainable Cities with focus on “Wind energy”, “District Heating and Cooling” and
“Intelligent and Sustainable Cities”ProgramOctober 6Noon
- Arrival to ParisEvening
- Welcome briefing
- Informal dinner (at own expense)October 7Morning
- Opening Conferences about the SDGs and Healthcare including Grand Opening and seminarsAfternoon
- Meeting with EDF Group
- Site visit to public nursing home Alice Prin
- Visit to the Hôpital européen Georges-Pompidou
- Meeting with EDF Renewables
- Show room visit and dialogue with DalkiaEvening
- ReceptionOctober 8Morning
- Parliament meeting to discuss healthcare
- Site visit to the Monceau Korian nursing home
- Parliament meeting to discuss Energy TransitionNoon
- Healthcare Procurement seminar
- Site visit to Île Seguin on city development and energy
- Investment and country attractiveness seminar
- Seminar and lunch debate on wind development
- Healthcare business lunchAfternoon
- Meeting with the French Energy Ministry
- Site visit to private hospital Les Peupliers, Ramsay Group
- Greater Paris Development ConferenceEvening
- Grand Dinner