Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Visit to France (Oct 6-8)  (Read 19404 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2019, 07:02:03 AM »

In October 2019, an official Danish business delegation will travel to Paris on the occasion of a Royal Visit by Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark. The main focus of the visit will be strengthening economic ties between Denmark and France. Delegates will participate in a two day programme of networking events, seminars and site visits. Delegates will meet potential customers and partners as well as gain new insights into market opportunities in France.

The visit provides an excellent opportunity for Danish companies to acquire and nurture business contacts in France and to meet business representatives, organisations, public authorities, media, and knowledge-based institutions.

WHY FRANCE?
France is the world’s 6th largest economy and is characterised by a modern and diversified economy. Danish exports of goods and services to France have increased by 10% in 2018 compared to 2017. Danish exports of goods and services to France amounted to DKK 28.8 billion and DKK 10.7 billion, respectively, in 2018. This makes France Denmark’s 8th biggest export market.

However, Danish exports to France are still only around ¼ of the exports to Germany and ½ of exports to Norway, indicating an untapped potential for Danish companies.

Activities, seminars and events during the visit will take place under three sector themes. Priority will be given to companies from the following sectors:

Healthcare  with focus on  “Elder Care”, “Smart Hospitals” and “Life Science”

Energy and Sustainable Cities with focus on “Wind energy”, “District Heating and Cooling” and
“Intelligent and Sustainable Cities”

Program

October 6
Noon
- Arrival to Paris
Evening
- Welcome briefing
- Informal dinner (at own expense)

October 7
Morning
- Opening Conferences about the SDGs and Healthcare including Grand Opening and seminars
Afternoon
- Meeting with EDF Group
- Site visit to public nursing home Alice Prin
- Visit to the Hôpital européen Georges-Pompidou
- Meeting with EDF Renewables
- Show room visit and dialogue with Dalkia
Evening
- Reception

October 8
Morning
- Parliament meeting to discuss healthcare
- Site visit to the Monceau Korian nursing home
- Parliament meeting to discuss Energy Transition
Noon
- Healthcare Procurement seminar
- Site visit to Île Seguin on city development and energy
- Investment and country attractiveness seminar
- Seminar and lunch debate on wind development
- Healthcare business lunch
Afternoon
- Meeting with the French Energy Ministry
- Site visit to private hospital Les Peupliers, Ramsay Group
- Greater Paris Development Conference
Evening
- Grand Dinner

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 03:00:18 PM »

I hate to be shallow but how many decades ago was that photo taken?
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 03:15:02 PM »

I think it's pretty recent ..... with decades of photoshopping and even more fillers.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:44:59 PM »

I'm sorry what? Aren't Joachim and Marie in France and why can't they do this they are still on the payroll so to speak right? Does Mary even speak French? She can't speak Danish well and she lives there. I have an idea send Marie and Joachim to Australia with the business delegation and watch Mary lose her mind.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 07:27:44 PM »

Marie and Joachim will attend the great gala dinner on Oct 8 as well.

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »

That picture is five years old ! Taken in 2014 to celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary...

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 11:49:52 PM »

That picture is five years old ! Taken in 2014 to celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary...

Really?  They have aged at warp speed.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »

Im sooooo looking forward to this tour!!! Not only to hear Mares attempt speak French and look as though she's understanding it, but for Marie to outshine her at the gala dinner  Spiteful

But seriously, Fred speaks French quite fluently, right? I've seen clips in the past where Mary really looks out of it as she can't be in on the conversation due to limited knowledge of French.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 05:50:17 PM »

Im sooooo looking forward to this tour!!! Not only to hear Mares attempt speak French and look as though she's understanding it, but for Marie to outshine her at the gala dinner  Spiteful

But seriously, Fred speaks French quite fluently, right? I've seen clips in the past where Mary really looks out of it as she can't be in on the conversation due to limited knowledge of French.

Mares doesn't seem to be the language type. I think we've discussed this somewhere else on this board, but really for English native speakers it's sometimes not easy to learn a new language (as everybody knows at least basic English too and will answer in that language).

That's not to excuse Mares.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 06:52:21 PM »

Fred speaks French, wasn't that the language they all spoke when he was growing up at home? His father wanted French spoken in the home?
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 06:35:45 AM »

Didn't Fred send Mary to Paris after Marge kicked her out of Amalienborg? And got her a fake job in France teaching English or something but Mares doesn't speak any French?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »

Mares doesn't seem to be the language type. I think we've discussed this somewhere else on this board, but really for English native speakers it's sometimes not easy to learn a new language (as everybody knows at least basic English too and will answer in that language).

Absolutely!  Star
Ive got experience of a fair few English speakers who refuse to learn other languages because English is so widely spoken! In fact my friends and I have this stereotypical image of an English tourist in Spain making sure everything they order has fries with it rather than ordering something more befitting of that country's cuisine! 😂 If I visit a country I try to learn even the basics! I speak five languages but was only offered one foreign language in school. I think the education system, at least in England, is very narrow minded in terms of language. I have friends from Germany, Sweden, Poland, Serbia who speak three or four languages, yet most English people I know speak two at the most. I'm not sure how language education is in Australia, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar to England.
Either way, you're right, it doesn't excuse Mares, and just shows how little effort she's made to assimilate with her husband and his family, as well as her role as a future queen (God it hurt to write those last two words!)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »

Didn't Fred send Mary to Paris after Marge kicked her out of Amalienborg? And got her a fake job in France teaching English or something but Mares doesn't speak any French?

yup

Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »

Absolutely!  Star
Ive got experience of a fair few English speakers who refuse to learn other languages because English is so widely spoken! In fact my friends and I have this stereotypical image of an English tourist in Spain making sure everything they order has fries with it rather than ordering something more befitting of that country's cuisine! 😂 If I visit a country I try to learn even the basics! I speak five languages but was only offered one foreign language in school. I think the education system, at least in England, is very narrow minded in terms of language. I have friends from Germany, Sweden, Poland, Serbia who speak three or four languages, yet most English people I know speak two at the most. I'm not sure how language education is in Australia, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar to England.
Either way, you're right, it doesn't excuse Mares, and just shows how little effort she's made to assimilate with her husband and his family, as well as her role as a future queen (God it hurt to write those last two words!)

Well back in my days at school (many moons ago) we were only taught French. Today's students have  more variety of languages taught in schools. I guess it depends on which state and how well they apply themselves to their studies as to what languages they can speak when they leave school and college..

https://www.abc.net.au/ne...ustralian-schools/8383236

Yes Yes

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 12:05:08 PM »

To a certain degree I don’t think it’s Mary’s fault she can’t speak French. She obviously doesn’t have an ear for languages and it is a bit much then to expect her to learn and use not just one but two new languages as an adult. As well as knowledge of Swedish and Norwegian and German would be great for a Danish crown princess too. If she spoke Danish well much would be forgiven IMO. But she doesn’t really and it’s obvious she prefers to stick to English. Annoying IMO.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: