Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatrice engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi  (Read 50201 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: January 11, 2020, 10:34:08 PM »

Could Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have the wedding during Lent?

Typically no.  I don't think there's a formal rule but in my experience church weddings are generally discouraged during Lent (given the solemnity of the season) and Advent (given how busy most churches are)...exceptions can always be made but the reason must be a good one.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: January 12, 2020, 01:24:43 AM »

Edward VII was married during Lent and Queen Victoria told the Archbishop that as Lent was a solemn season in the church and that a wedding was also a solemn season (or words to that effect) it was a perfect season to marry.

I have been to many weddings in Lent ... most churches around me are full on Saturdays for weddings all year round. The only time I know that a wedding won't happen on a Saturday is when Christmas Day falls on a Saturday but otherwise all Saturdays in most churches seem to have multiple weddings.
Lady Liebe

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2020, 01:51:49 AM »

In my experience Pastor's tend avoid weddings during Holy week, including the Saturday before Easter, and often you can extrapolate that out to the following Saturday. It's a very busy week of services, and afterwards they are worn out. The same goes for the Saturday after Christmas.

I've know couples to marry during Advent because the churches are often beautifully decorated already.

Funerals, unfortunatley, are another story.

luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2020, 03:33:14 AM »

Holy Week would be a no no but not the rest of Lent. My minister always has a wedding or two on the Saturday before Palm Sunday and the start of Holy Week. He often has one one or two on Easter Saturday as well as it is a long weekend in Australia and often the start of, in in the middle of, the two week school holidays so it is a good weekend for families to be able to travel for a wedding.
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2020, 03:54:44 AM »

Ash Wednesday is February 26, and Easter is April 12 this year. So unless they have been doing a whole lot of planning already, I don't see them marrying in Lent this year. Weatherwise it would be better to wait until after Easter anyway.

I was looking forward to an announcement soon, but due to circumstances, I believe we'll have to wait a bit more.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 04:00:47 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged
Clover

Humongous Member

Mother and Child

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2020, 04:49:53 AM »

Trouble in Paradise? Confused

TALK OF THE TOWN: Princess Beatrice 'would rather there was more distance' between fiance Edo Mapelli Mozzi and ex Dara Huang - who recently cut his hair and still helps him buy clothes

https://www.dailymail.co....morous-ex-Dara-Huang.html

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: January 12, 2020, 11:38:36 AM »

Ash Wednesday is February 26, and Easter is April 12 this year. So unless they have been doing a whole lot of planning already, I don't see them marrying in Lent this year. Weatherwise it would be better to wait until after Easter anyway.

I was looking forward to an announcement soon, but due to circumstances, I believe we'll have to wait a bit more.

Hopefully they won't call it off.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2020, 11:39:39 AM »

TALK OF THE TOWN: Princess Beatrice 'would rather there was more distance' between fiance Edo Mapelli Mozzi and ex Dara Huang - who recently cut his hair and still helps him buy clothes

Oh dear. Ok it's the DM so it might not be true, but Bea could really need some positive things with the mess going around her at the moment.
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: January 12, 2020, 04:50:37 PM »

Beatrice and Edo have similar faces and eyes. I think people often gravitate toward someone who looks like them. Haakon and M-M come to mind.

Bea is entirely right to be uncomfortable if his ex is still cutting his hair and choosing his clothes. 😣
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: January 12, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »

If Beatrice wants to be a working royal that may actually be a possibility for her now with the Harry Meghan crisis. So even if Edo walks she could still have that as an option.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: January 12, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »

O dear! Can't he go to a barber?
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: January 12, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »

Remembering the adage, if he cheated on her with you,  he'll cheat on you with someone else.  I've seen it happen a thousand times.  Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater, it's a serious character flaw that she should pay attention to.  RED FLAGS are everywhere, I imagine she's not seeing them because she seems desperate to get married.

My cousin got divorced from a cheater husband.  She did the adult thing and forged a kind of friendship with the homewrecker for the sake of her children.  They managed a respectful relationship.  When he started cheating on the homewrecker she was the first one she called crying.  My cousin tried not to laugh out loud!  He just got his 4th divorce.  He came to have Christmas with us, a pathetic shell of the man he used to be.  Trying to look younger, drinking too much, pitiful.   Looking around you could almost see him realizing the life and loves he'd given up for cheating was out of reach.  I could almost feel sorry for him.....almost. 

Her best option is to make an effort to be friendly if not friends outright and demand from Edo respect for boundaries and her feelings.  They have a child, she's not going away and for his sake they all need to play nice and be adults. It will make everything so much easier. 

Cutting his hair and dressing him IMO is out of bounds.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »

With Beatrice's fashion track record I don't blame him  Laugh bounce

But indeed  Nono
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2020, 09:57:25 PM »

I know Bea isn't the brightest bulb - in fact, I'd pay good money to see her and Harry do algebra, the furrowed brows would be worth the admission price - but this is how many blended families work.  It's good for the child(ren) if parents can still get along.  I see my ex daily and we co-parent successfully.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2020, 10:03:18 PM »

I know Bea isn't the brightest bulb - in fact, I'd pay good money to see her and Harry do algebra, the furrowed brows would be worth the admission price - but this is how many blended families work.  It's good for the child(ren) if parents can still get along.  I see my ex daily and we co-parent successfully.

Well the Danes have shown that it does work, if all parties are acting like adults.

Edo will through his son always have a connection with his ex, so Bea better get used to it. Because, if ever she should've to chose between them there's no doubt what he'll do.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: