Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatrice engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi  (Read 75856 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: February 01, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »

With the claim that they have "too many" friends for the more modest options of the Chapel Royal or the Queen's Chapel St. James's and the suggestion that their looking at the Guards Chapel...security will be several million.  IIRC William & Catherine's wedding cost around 6.5M in security plus things like street cleaning and other expenses.  Now W&K had a bank holiday so that requires everything to be considered overtime...non overtime would probably have been in the 3-4M range.  Factoring in inflation, non bank holiday security in 2020 would probably be in the 4-5M range...plus other expenses such as street cleaning.
 While the "route" would be different with the Guards Chapel the security area could potentially been as large as was needed in 2011.  Central London is EXPENSIVE.

No the girls are not responsible for their father's actions but common sense must prevail.  Expecting MILLIONS of taxpayer money for a fancy London wedding because granny feels bad for you is frankly the stupidest thing ever.  Sorry Bea, you can't win this one...St George's Chapel with no military aspect nor carriage ride, granny hosting the daytime reception at Windsor, and daddy hosting the evening reception at Royal Lodge will have to be fancy enough.  Every possible effort to limit the taxpayer burden should be taken for the weddings of minor royals (ie. not future monarchs) especially in light of the current clusterf*ck that is the BRF.

IIRC Guards Chapel holds in the 500-600 range so St. George's 800ish should be more than enough.  None of the other options...Carthie, All Saints, the Chapels Royal, or Sandringham would hold more than around 200...and the poor loves have "too many" friends.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: February 01, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »

But if the wedding and reception are at BP there most likely won't be a public arrival or departure for Edo and Bea.

They can both get ready in BP, arrive at the chapel and then head back to their rooms to change and then start the reception.

Plus this wedding probably won't  be streamed on the BRF YouTube feed so they can have a private and cost reduced wedding.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: February 01, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »

Very true...but the article makes no mention of the ceremony being at BP only the reception.  It specifically mentions that both the Royal Chapel and the Queen's Chapel are too small for the number of people they want to invite and therefore the Guards Chapel is being considered.  The BP private chapel is even smaller that the two chapels at St. James's.

http://www.johnsimpsonarc...Buckingham-Palace-cp.html
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: February 01, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »

Very true...but the article makes no mention of the ceremony being at BP only the reception.  It specifically mentions that both the Royal Chapel and the Queen's Chapel are too small for the number of people they want to invite and therefore the Guards Chapel is being considered.  The BP private chapel is even smaller that the two chapels at St. James's.

Now is a time for circumspection for the entire BRF not just Bea

For the sake of the monarchy a small wedding with moderately sized reception out of public view is the best way to go.

Besides, what is more important for Bea and Edo, the wedding bash or getting married to and starting a life with the person you love.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: February 01, 2020, 06:10:44 PM »

If I were them, I would emulate Lady Gabriela's wedding at Windsor.  They could close the entire Castle grounds and security would be be very small: only screening the guests.
Since neither of them have ties to the military, I find Guard's Chapel an odd choice.  Although it is very close to BP.
Windsor is far more historic and beautiful IMO.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: February 01, 2020, 06:12:17 PM »

For the sake of the monarchy a small wedding with moderately sized reception out of public view is the best way to go.

Besides, what is more important for Bea and Edo, the wedding bash or getting married to and starting a life with the person you love.

ITA...sorry to sound argumentative but sadly the current information suggests a wedding larger than those seen in 2018.

I’ve long thought the the Royal Chapel of all Saints, which seats around 200, on the grounds of Royal Lodge would be a perfect option.  The PR spin writes itself and Andy could easy be kept from view for weeks leading up to the wedding but at the same time be as involved as he (or the couple) want.  
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »

I think a wedding at Windsor , St George's or the smaller one OC suggested , would be easiest on the Queen and the DOE.  Easy transport for them .  IMO , Bea should think of them as well.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2020, 06:37:23 PM »

There are plenty of larger churches in London --St Stephen Walbrooke, where Lady Sarah was married, comes to mind. 
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: February 01, 2020, 08:37:17 PM »

ITA...sorry to sound argumentative but sadly the current information suggests a wedding larger than those seen in 2018.

I’ve long thought the the Royal Chapel of all Saints, which seats around 200, on the grounds of Royal Lodge would be a perfect option.  The PR spin writes itself and Andy could easy be kept from view for weeks leading up to the wedding but at the same time be as involved as he (or the couple) want.  

Not at all argumentative OC,  but if the info you have on the wedding size is accurate then Bea and Especially cannot be helped.

A wedding and reception at a closed royal venue for a modest number of guests is the best way to go.

Perhaps All Saints and Royal Lodge are the best option, I don't know, but I do know that a blowout wedding right now is not wise.

It would paint a target on her back and she will become the lightning rod that people will focus their anger on.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: February 01, 2020, 08:54:20 PM »

What do you want to bet that Andy would beg for a balcony appearance to make up for the fact that the wedding’s not televised (or at least not currently planned to be televised). 

I had a nightmare that they did St Margaret’s Westminster, a carriage ride to BP, the balcony, day time BP reception hosted by granny, and an evening BP reception hosted by Andy.  Basically 2011 light. 

It’s like the BRF want a republic.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: February 01, 2020, 09:38:02 PM »

I think a small wedding in the chapel at BP where all the babies are christened would be the best for her, with a small and closed reception at BP as well where the guests can come in our of sight.

Andrew's toxicity has slimed her and Eugenie so it would be best for the wedding to quiet and low key at a venue the BRF have full control over.

The babies are baptised in the Music Room, not in a chapel.  The large BP chapel was turned into the Queen's Gallery after being destroyed in The Blitz.

I am thinking that, if this is true, the wedding will be at St Margaret's at Westminster or one of the chapels at St James'.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: February 01, 2020, 09:42:13 PM »

A new Chapel was built but it’s TINY.  I linked a picture in one of my previous posts on this thread.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: February 01, 2020, 09:52:20 PM »

What do you want to bet that Andy would beg for a balcony appearance to make up for the fact that the wedding’s not televised (or at least not currently planned to be televised). 

I had a nightmare that they did St Margaret’s Westminster, a carriage ride to BP, the balcony, day time BP reception hosted by granny, and an evening BP reception hosted by Andy.  Basically 2011 light. 

Is Andrew even in a position to negotiate for anything?

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: February 01, 2020, 09:59:29 PM »

Is Andrew even in a position to negotiate for anything?

Probably not but he is the favorite and they may have already lost their minds by doing a London wedding.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: February 01, 2020, 10:31:36 PM »

David Linley ( Queen’s nephew) and Serena married at St Margaret ‘s .  Very high society wedding but none of the bells and whistles of carriage procession, military.  They had their reception at St James. Beatrice could emulate this. There would be security costs but not enormous.  Probably costs similar to a garden  variety royal appearance by the Queen
 or Wills and Kate. I still think she should do what is easiest for her grandparents.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: