Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gone With the Wind  (Read 18382 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2020, 12:55:48 AM »

In Gone With the Wind Scarlett's sisters are called Suellen and Careen. Suellen's first and middle name is Susan Elinor. Careen's first and middle name is Caroline Irene.
Very interesting detail,
In Gone With the Wind Scarlett's sisters are called Suellen and Careen. Suellen's first and middle name is Susan Elinor. Careen's first and middle name is Caroline Irene.
Very interesting detail, I had no idea. Are their full names mentioned in the book? It's been years since I read it and I can't remember.
What's Scarlett's middle name?

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2020, 01:08:05 AM »

Very interesting detail,
Very interesting detail, I had no idea. Are their full names mentioned in the book? It's been years since I read it and I can't remember.

The full names are mentioned in the book - though I could not tell you just where. In the book Mr. O'Hara also calls Scarlett 'Katie Scarlet' a least once, so we must presume she was called Katherine or maybe Kathleen Scarlet.

I have no idea why this detritus is still floating around in my mind . . .

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »

She actually is just “Katie Scarlett”. Not Katherine og Kathleen or something like that.

Katie Scarlett was Gerald’s mother’s name.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2020, 10:26:29 AM »

Very interesting detail,

The full names are mentioned in the book - though I could not tell you just where. In the book Mr. O'Hara also calls Scarlett 'Katie Scarlet' a least once, so we must presume she was called Katherine or maybe Kathleen Scarlet.

Yes the brain is a curious thing: ask what taxonomic rank the hippopotamus belongs to, and it will provide an answer, but it will draw a blank for the simple question, where the keys are.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2020, 02:04:05 PM »

Very interesting detail, I had no idea. Are their full names mentioned in the book? It's been years since I read it and I can't remember. What is Scarlett's middle name?
The full names are mentioned in the book - though I could not tell you just where. In the book, Mr. O'Hara also calls Scarlett 'Katie Scarlett' a least once, so we must presume she was called Katherine or maybe Kathleen Scarlett. I have no idea why this detritus is still floating around in my mind . . .

She was named after her father's mother "Katie Scarlett."  Everyone called her "Scarlett" except her father who referred to her as "Katie Scarlett."

Scarlett and Rhett had a daughter whom they called "Bonnie Blue."  Her real name was the very royal sounding "Eugenia Victoria," a name much like that of current day princess, Eugenie Victoria Helena of York.  When she was a week old her father admired her blue eyes, prompting Scarlett's sister-in-law Melanie (Olivia de Havilland) to comment, "as blue as the bonnie blue flag."

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2020, 02:41:15 PM »

Very interesting detail, I had no idea. Are their full names mentioned in the book? It's been years since I read it and I can't remember. What is Scarlett's middle name?
The full names are mentioned in the book - though I could not tell you just where. In the book, Mr. O'Hara also calls Scarlett 'Katie Scarlett' a least once, so we must presume she was called Katherine or maybe Kathleen Scarlett. I have no idea why this detritus is still floating around in my mind . . .

She was named after her father's mother "Katie Scarlett."  Everyone called her "Scarlett" except her father who referred to her as "Katie Scarlett."

Scarlett and Rhett had a daughter whom they called "Bonnie Blue."  Her real name was the very royal sounding "Eugenia Victoria," a name much like that of current day princess, Eugenie Victoria Helena of York.  When she was a week old her father admired her blue eyes, prompting Scarlett's sister-in-law Melanie (Olivia de Havilland) to comment, "as blue as the bonnie blue flag."

In the historical context (1870s), the name came from Empress Eugenie, and her bestie Queen Victoria; therefore, the combination of Eugenie Victoria and its variants were popular.

CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2020, 10:51:34 PM »

She actually is just “Katie Scarlett”. Not Katherine og Kathleen or something like that.

As Harley has expressed, Scarlett was "Katie Scarlett". Some people might have thought Katherine because of the family being Cathothic. 
I believe that in Chapter One of the book, the full names of the three O'Hara daughters is explained.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2020, 11:26:49 PM »

As Harley has expressed, Scarlett was "Katie Scarlett". Some people might have thought Katherine because of the family being Cathothic. 
I believe that in Chapter One of the book, the full names of the three O'Hara daughters is explained.

Not only Catholic but Irish Catholic.  Smiley

I tend to extrapolate names because when you do genealogy you tend to go that way. You get an extraordinary range - I have one ancestor that was commonly known as Kate. Also listed as Catherine on some census forms and other documents. Mary is on her death certificate so we've (family genealogists) came to consensus she must have started out in life as Mary Catherine.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »

Very interesting detail,

thank you!!
Thank you all, I had no idea!!!
I have read the greek translation of the book, so maybe the full names were not mentioned at all, I cannot remember.
But thank you all for the info and the explanation!

Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2020, 04:07:47 AM »

Indeed. And three little boys named Gerald O'Hara, Junior lay in the family burying ground. It's really a wonderfully written novel of it's time. My favorite quote, which could be applied to any number of public people is from  Mammy. "You can give yourselves airs and get yourself all rigged up like racehorses. But you ain't nothing but mules in horse harness and don't fool no-one".
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2020, 03:21:21 PM »

Indeed. And three little boys named Gerald O'Hara, Junior lay in the family burying ground. It's really a wonderfully written novel of it's time. My favorite quote, which could be applied to any number of public people is from  Mammy. "You can give yourselves airs and get yourself all rigged up like racehorses. But you ain't nothing but mules in horse harness and don't fool no-one".

Congratulations on 3000 posts, DoV!  Star
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2020, 06:58:29 PM »

Congratulations, DoV Star Beer
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »

Congratulations, DoV Star Beer
congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: