Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Day 2019  (Read 6314 times)
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2019, 07:17:45 AM »

I cannot with baby pink, butterflies and lace on a national day military parade on a woman closing in on 50😚 It reeks of Varela, i thought she has more or less retired him but i guess he will again make something for the PoA awards

Yeah, it's a Varela. He never fails to disappoint. But since he did today, can a girl hope that he'll stay away next Friday for the PoA awards? Yeah, can't believe that either.  Sad

Larzen was right, most likely she will wear Varela next Friday at the PoA awards. I thought Letizia' stylist finally persuaded her to get rid of Varela, unfortunately Varela is back again for the two biggest events of the year.
Maxiqueen

Baby Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2019, 09:17:49 AM »

Sorry but imo this year Lety did  not get it right with that dress. Too much girlie girl ... pink, butterflies... not right if you are older than 6...Varela can make Natan dresses look much better.... Nerves Hope she won't repeat Varela with POA awards. And those shoes Lety pls burn them or use them only for family engagements. What to say abt Lety's hair? She had wonderful up do's ...and this?Huh? Looks like the hairdresser missed the appointment  Crazy
As for the girls they are appropriate as always and I like their wavy hair and Sofia's dress in colour and shape... she is getting prettier each time
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2019, 10:32:25 AM »

Varela can only do business attires decently, he can't make pretty pretty dresses. Except for few occasions, Varela usually failed at the big events. This time, starting with his horrible fabrics, the lace looks like plastic. I agree Sofia's dress suits Leti much more since it's very Jackie O.
I think Leti should let the girls start wearing braces. Sofia looks conscious not to show her teeth.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »

I am late to the party; I agree with the posters who donít like the pink Varela; itís too frilly, too elaborate, much lace, too much of everything. Letizia has such a great posture and figure that a designer must be really really bad to make her look less than perfect. I am sorry to say that Varela belongs in a galaxy far far away with Nathan. Someone ship them in outer space so as to spare us from their eyesores. The little princesses look lovely to me, more Sofia than Leo this time.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2019, 06:31:16 PM »

Let's shoes really bother me. I'd prefer proper courts, not slip ons. Plus the plastic bridge over the foot is really obvious with loads of camera flashes going off, my eyes keep being drawn to that.
She really could have done her hair much better, seems she's taking lessons out of Victoria of Swedens's book 😔
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »

Another no-no voice here!
Leti should indeed have swapped dresses with her daughters. Perhaps a a teen would have looked cute in this Babydoll number. And the shoes does amaze me: they look incredibly uncomfy. Well at least I presume that I would feel terribly uncomfy with that wide plastic over the bridge of the foot: doesn't it stick to the skin like tar and pulling it painfully with every step?
As to her hair style: it is my to-go style on the third or (painful to admit) fourth day after a wash, when not even a ponytail will do but the only option is to pull it into a tight bun at the top of your head.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2019, 10:50:33 PM »

The only thing nice about that dress is the shape, everything else can just go into the trash can!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2019, 08:37:47 AM »

After this atrocious outing, the Spanish govt needs to impanel a Stalinist Ministry of Fashion to supervise Felipe Varela's work.

Enough is enough!
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2019, 10:10:10 AM »

When Leti bought Varela's clothes, she directly worked with Varela, it has nothing to do with her stylist. Her stylist has tried hard to steer her away from Varela. Unfortunately Leti is just too stubbon  to let go of Varela, she only has herself to be blamed. I don't mind she wear Varela's clothes occasionally, but not for the biggest events of the year. Over the last 15 years, Varela was making one after another disastrous clothes on the National day or Pascua Militar. Hopefully after this year, with much criticism she will finally let go of Varela.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »

This absolutly nice event to attend with the whole family..i like seen the girls with their parents they pretty growing up young ladies  Smiley

KimmySue

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 08:34:32 PM »

Leti's dress: no, just no.

I absolutely love Sophia's dress and the color. Both girls look wonderful and IMO are dressed much more appropriately than their mother.

Felipe, sigh. He looks good (as always!).
chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2019, 07:33:29 AM »

Felipe looks stunning in a uniform especially Smiley
The dress is too girly for Leti and the hairdo stresses her pronounced chin...not a good look
The girls look very sweet
Picar

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2019, 06:26:19 PM »

Felipe looks fine!  Thumb up
Girls look lovely!!!! Jumping
Leti looks beautiful but I join the no to the dress crowd.

I actually don't think the top part of the dress is so bad, but it really age inappropriate for her. Could have looked sweet in one of the girls, not on a pulling 50 year old queen.
Don't like the shoes either, this plastic strap looks cheap.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: