Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess of Asturias Awards 2019  (Read 13340 times)
SunFlower19

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2019, 02:43:34 AM »

I do think Leti and Felipe are likely very, very conservative when it comes to the girls’ outfits and image.

With Leonor turning 14 this month, I would guess that she is starting to voice an opinion about her clothes.  Whether that will change anything? I guess we will have to wait and see.

(I can’t offer criticism because, to both my surprise and my own mother’s endless amusement, I became equally conservative when my step-daughter was around their age.  My step-daughter has rightly observed that I was way more conservative about clothes and makeup than her mother and father, despite being the much more liberal in everything else.)
Gemsheal

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2019, 03:22:04 AM »

Speech Premio al Pueblo Ejemplar 2019:

"Vengo a haceros entrega del Premio al Pueblo Ejemplar de Asturias. Y lo hago con muchas ganas de aprender y de conoceros. Me hizo mucha ilusión que mi padre me dijera que podría hablar hoy aquí y que pasaríamos los cuatro unas horas con vosotros.

Nuestros padres nos han contado muchas veces lo especial que es este día, lo importante que es para ellos compartir estos momentos. A mi hermana Sofía y a mí nos encanta vivir hoy tantas emociones en esta tierra que desde siempre hemos aprendido a querer. Nos han traído desde muy pequeñas a varios lugares de Asturias; entre ellos a Covadonga y, ayer, a Oviedo para el acto de entrega de los Premios de la Fundación Princesa de Asturias, que es el título que llevo con tanto orgullo. Y también con alegría. Unos premios con casi 40 años de historia que mis padres conocen bien, sobre todo mi padre, que la vivió en persona.

El premio que recibís hoy como pueblo ejemplar de Asturias nació hace casi 30 años para defender valores muy importantes: el respeto y el conocimiento de la naturaleza y el medioambiente; el valor de la vecindad, de trabajar unidos, de las tradiciones y también del progreso. Permitidme que os felicite por ello.

Los pueblos como Asiegu son un tesoro de España que hay que querer, cuidar y proteger. Acabáis de enseñarnos las queserías, el llagar, las cosas bonitas de este lugar que demuestran que en este pueblo hay vida, hay belleza y hay futuro. Y estoy deseando ir enseguida al mirador a ver el Urriellu para disfrutar de la naturaleza privilegiada que os rodea.

Gracias a todos por preparar esta visita con tanto cariño y por hacernos sentir tan bien. Hoy no nos olvidamos de los que ya no están y que con su trabajo y esfuerzo hicieron posible que ahora estemos aquí. Asturias es mi casa y Asiegu tendrá siempre un lugar especial en mi corazón.

Muchas gracias"

Translation:

"I come here to give you the Prize Exemplary People of Asturias. And I do it with great desire to learn and to know you. I was very excited when my father told me that I could speak here today and that we the four would spend the hours with you.

Our parents have told us many times how special this day is, how important it is for them to share these moments. My sister Sofia and I love living so many emotions on this land today that we have always learned to love. They have brought us from very small to several places in Asturias; among them to Covadonga and, yesterday, to Oviedo for the award ceremony of the Princess of Asturias Foundation Awards, which is the title that I carry so proudly. And also with joy. Prizes with almost 40 years of history that my parents know well, especially my father, who lived in person.

The prize you receive today as an exemplary town of Asturias was born almost 30 years ago to defend very important values: respect and knowledge of nature and the environment; the value of the neighborhood, of working together, of traditions and also of progress. Let me congratulate you on that.

Villages like Asiegu are a treasure of Spain that must be loved, cared for and protected. You just showed us the cheese factories, the sore, the beautiful things of this place that show that in this town there is life, there is beauty and there is a future. And I'm looking forward to going to the viewpoint immediately to see the Urriellu to enjoy the privileged nature that surrounds you.

Thank you all for preparing this visit with such love and for making us feel so good. Today we do not forget those who are no longer there and who with their work and effort made it possible for us to be here now. Asturias is my home and Asiegu will always have a special place in my heart.

Thank you"

Absolutely top-notch appearance and speech.  I loved seeing young Sofia embracing her sister.  Leonor is growing into a very pretty young woman but Sofia has beautiful eyes and a warm smile, she will I hope be her sister's support always. 

In re:  their clothing, I don't see anything wrong with their being rather formal or old fashioned at this time.  They are both still so young that they have plenty of time to be adventurous in the fashion sense later, and frankly?  I like their modest, even plain style of clothing.  It's all of good quality.  And it fits, unlike, say, the clothes Sophie Wessex used to put Lady Louise in at the same age. 

periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2019, 03:46:33 AM »

These girls are at an age when they will still need guidance whether they like it or not. The battles are ahead but I think Letizia and Felipe are very good with these girls. They will probably always have a line between public and private life and understand that the public side must be a little conservative because the whole nation is watching and they must be above reproach. Isn't the monarchy on thin ice in Spain? Better to have two young adorable and slightly conservative presenting girls as the visual future of Spain.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2019, 05:33:09 AM »

So... this has been retwitted by every Spanish person I know on twitter  
(all 6 of them  !)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1185273877007601664

It's me when I get called on in a staff meeting!

That smile just reminds me of Mr Burns from the Simpsons! Excellent!
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »

Man this is one beautiful, loving family. Well done to all of them. So many aspersions were cast on Letizia (particularly) and Felipe in the beginning and they have come through it all fantastically. Good for them - their focus on duty is very appreciated by me.

The awards being named for Leonor's rightful title makes it not so odd for a teenager to be handing out the awards to accomplished professionals. IMO, there is a difference between the PoA awards (created and managed for a royal title) and say Estelle handing out Nobels in another five years' time or something.

The solemnity of the event was not so much lost as it was coupled by a true sense of past (Queen Sofia) present (KF and QL) and future (Leonor and to an extent Sofia). Leonor's speech outlining her connection to Asturias was truly touching to me. She spoke well

If Infanta Sofia resents the attention and importance her older sister received this weekend (and at other official functions in their lives), she concealed it AMAZINGLY well. Wow, she seemed happy for her sister and engaged in what was happening around her, like she knew that while Leonor must take precedence officially, she herself also had a duty to perform as a member of the royal family. Yes Leonor was impressive but to me, so was Sofia.

I don't mind how the girls are being trained to conduct themselves in public. It is after all their duty and there is absolutely no harm in impressing that upon them. Its not like they do this every week. The few important events they attend, they appear to have been coached to be warm but professional and it shows. I'm sure they are 'normal' girls in private - they certainly look well adjusted to me

Great post  Star To me, Sophia was also impressive. I believe Felipe and Leti treat the girls abosolutely similar at home and make no difference because of Leonor being the heir. They are close in age and I am sure everything the teach Leonor, they also teach Sophia. I am very happy the girls have each other. Sophia will be a great support to her sister in the years to come. And I am sure Leti will make sure Sophia finds her way without any feelings of resentment towards her sister.

Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2019, 08:57:39 AM »

Re: Should a 14 year old give out awards to accomplished people?
My answer, in this instance, is yes.

Yes she’s there because she won the birth lottery but that’s the job of those born in such positions. And I do believe both girls know the importance of this event. Felipe and Letizia seem like royal parents that are teaching their young the history they’ve been born into and to honor it.

From day one I believe Felipe saw the writing on the wall which is why he created this whole “royalty as businessman” stance. Yes he, and his family, live a life of wealth and privilege that we’ll never know, but he and Leti try to tame much of the pomp and circumstance that other royals live for.

I believe that is why their daughters are so well behaved at these events. They’ve been trained to behave a certain way to be appealing to the masses. They are learning to be gracious to the people they meet. And Leonore , the heir, is learning at a young age to honor people and their accomplishments. I don’t get the vibe that she’s learning that she is better than others but rather, she’s learning to serve in order to preserve the monarchy.

Great post Star I agree in particular with the bolded parts. 

Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »

I watched Leonor's speech, not understanding more than a few words of Spanish, but so impressed by her composure, and was moved to happy tears at the conclusion by the loving pride evident in her family.

I shall watch her future with considerable interest  Champagne
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »

On the back of the cross there are several inscriptions engraved, one of them is used in the flag of Asturias and is the one that Leonor has engraved on her medal.

the inscription on the back of the cross is in Latin.It says:'Hoc signo tvetvr pius,hoc signo vincitur inimicus':with this sign,the pious is defended,with this sign,the enemy is defeated'.
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2019, 10:19:06 AM »

The inscription on the back of the cross says:'hoc signo tvetvr pius,hoc signo vincitur inimicus':with this sign,the pious is defended,with this sign,the enemy is defeated'.
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »

Oh my!I sent the message twice!!! Crazy
Night Blooming Jasmine

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2019, 10:44:51 AM »

Very impressed by these two lovely young princesses. I actually love the way they dress. It’s classic, tasteful
and timeless. If there were two young princes of Spain and they wore classic suits like their father, we wouldn’t once think to criticize them. If young girls are dressed equally classically and professionally, we automatically think they’re dressing immaturely or not stylishly.  I think we’re so used to teens dressing weird, uber trendy, or extreme but I find it refreshing that these two young ladies dress modestly and appropriately.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »

I watched leonore’s speech at the awards ceremony, and I think she did an excellent job. It wasn’t flawless, but what really matters is that she delivered it with a natural grace that was lovely to see, and with visible pride and, at the same time, with  the palpable awareness that her present and future roles entail immense responsibility. She clearly looks up to her father, who looked very proud of her. They are a close-knit unit, and it’s good to know that Leonore will be able to count on her family’s support and guidance. Both princesses are so beautiful that there are no words to describe them. Their mom, on the contrary, seems determined to spoil her otherwise stunning looks with a dark hair dye and a tan which make her look ten years older. Seriously, what has she been thinking? 😱I wish she’d go back to her light brown color and fair complexion.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2019, 07:19:38 PM »

Man this is one beautiful, loving family. Well done to all of them. So many aspersions were cast on Letizia (particularly) and Felipe in the beginning and they have come through it all fantastically. Good for them - their focus on duty is very appreciated by me.

The awards being named for Leonor's rightful title makes it not so odd for a teenager to be handing out the awards to accomplished professionals. IMO, there is a difference between the PoA awards (created and managed for a royal title) and say Estelle handing out Nobels in another five years' time or something.

The solemnity of the event was not so much lost as it was coupled by a true sense of past (Queen Sofia) present (KF and QL) and future (Leonor and to an extent Sofia). Leonor's speech outlining her connection to Asturias was truly touching to me. She spoke well

If Infanta Sofia resents the attention and importance her older sister received this weekend (and at other official functions in their lives), she concealed it AMAZINGLY well. Wow, she seemed happy for her sister and engaged in what was happening around her, like she knew that while Leonor must take precedence officially, she herself also had a duty to perform as a member of the royal family. Yes Leonor was impressive but to me, so was Sofia.

I don't mind how the girls are being trained to conduct themselves in public. It is after all their duty and there is absolutely no harm in impressing that upon them. Its not like they do this every week. The few important events they attend, they appear to have been coached to be warm but professional and it shows. I'm sure they are 'normal' girls in private - they certainly look well adjusted to me

Great post  Star To me, Sophia was also impressive. I believe Felipe and Leti treat the girls abosolutely similar at home and make no difference because of Leonor being the heir. They are close in age and I am sure everything the teach Leonor, they also teach Sophia. I am very happy the girls have each other. Sophia will be a great support to her sister in the years to come. And I am sure Leti will make sure Sophia finds her way without any feelings of resentment towards her sister.

I don’t know the gold shoes on Leonor and the silver shoes on Sofia were a bit much   
lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »

Visit to Asiegu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUlX70YBUuI

Leonor's speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7eD5c-RfQs

Felipe's speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3ZacOUw90
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2019, 07:37:45 AM »

I knew Leo was going to do very well.  Leo might look shy like a young Felipe, but she is not shy.
I like Pertegaz' dress on Leti, agree that sleeveless would have been stunning, but overall it was pretty good. The red dress at the award ceremony was not good at all, the cut looked odd, the fabrics of top and skit didn't match at all. Leti, please let the dreadful Varela go.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: