Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Astrid & Family News  (Read 62873 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2020, 11:08:38 PM »

I don't want to appear as a stickler, but I think "if in Rome, do as the Romans".

I think especially as a Belgian national he should have (1) made sure he understood all the Spanish rules and (2) stuck to them religiously. I do see a general trend that people only stick to rules they approve. If they don't approve or consider themselves "risk-free" they don't stick to them - and often they are not the same people suffering the consequences from that rule.

I was mortified to see how many Germans crossed the border into the Netherlands yesterday for a bit of fun shopping and a nice day out - despite the fact they were asked not to do so. There was a German woman on TV last night saying she had heard the request but "she did not care". I think we will do so much better when you obey what you are told. If you are from a privileged background with family members in the limelight you should think twice what you are doing.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2020, 11:13:51 PM »

It is very odd you have to quarantine at your place of arrival. That would mean if you live 1 hour from Alicante for example you have to stay 14 days in Alicante near the airport without being allowed to travel to your house? I know plenty of people who travelled by car between Spanish provinces in order to get home to Belgium or Holland in the past weeks/months. This rule of not being allowed to travel between provinces is certainly not widely know to other European citizens it seems.
As a Belgian I am truly not surprised he was not aware he was not allowed to travel between provinces. I would probaly 'innocently' have made the same 'mistake'.

We are living through a pandemic, it is the worst time for the whole world since WW2. Hundreds of thousands have died from COVID-19, we don't know how many have died because they were scared to go to hospitals or there were not enough beds and staff in hospitals. We don't know if there are going to be more waves in the near future. We will be dealing with the adverse effects for decades to come. People are starving, unemployed, suffering with mental health issues. Shall I go on? But yet, we have people who think they can freely travel without checking the rules in place in the country they want to go to, especially if that country is as affected as Spain - it's on the news, everyone can see that. This is not an innocent mistake, it is a criminal behaviour, of a spoilt brat may I add. There is no way to excuse or justify what he and his friends did, and it'd be really kind of you to stop trying to excuse him as a sign of respect to people who have died, who are left with lifelong negative effects on their health, who are essential workers risking their lives right now.

Honestly and without wanting to excuse anyone, but during Covid it seems like basically every country is doing it's own thing. Some require masks, some don't, some not for all, some only in certain situations or places...rules seem to change very fast of what is allowed and what not...

Still:
Yes Joachim and his friends should've taken a look in the papers and informed themselves.

And even if not common sense should've been enough that it's probably not best idea to throw a party just now.
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2020, 11:25:05 PM »

I don't want to appear as a stickler, but I think "if in Rome, do as the Romans".

I think especially as a Belgian national he should have (1) made sure he understood all the Spanish rules and (2) stuck to them religiously. I do see a general trend that people only stick to rules they approve. If they don't approve or consider themselves "risk-free" they don't stick to them - and often they are not the same people suffering the consequences from that rule.

I was mortified to see how many Germans crossed the border into the Netherlands yesterday for a bit of fun shopping and a nice day out - despite the fact they were asked not to do so. There was a German woman on TV last night saying she had heard the request but "she did not care". I think we will do so much better when you obey what you are told. If you are from a privileged background with family members in the limelight you should think twice what you are doing.

Totally!
Re Germans crossing the border: I was born and grew up in Hong Kong and have worked for over a decade in developing countries, looking at the response, attitudes and behaviours of European countries and people is shocking.

It is very odd you have to quarantine at your place of arrival. That would mean if you live 1 hour from Alicante for example you have to stay 14 days in Alicante near the airport without being allowed to travel to your house? I know plenty of people who travelled by car between Spanish provinces in order to get home to Belgium or Holland in the past weeks/months. This rule of not being allowed to travel between provinces is certainly not widely know to other European citizens it seems.
As a Belgian I am truly not surprised he was not aware he was not allowed to travel between provinces. I would probaly 'innocently' have made the same 'mistake'.

We are living through a pandemic, it is the worst time for the whole world since WW2. Hundreds of thousands have died from COVID-19, we don't know how many have died because they were scared to go to hospitals or there were not enough beds and staff in hospitals. We don't know if there are going to be more waves in the near future. We will be dealing with the adverse effects for decades to come. People are starving, unemployed, suffering with mental health issues. Shall I go on? But yet, we have people who think they can freely travel without checking the rules in place in the country they want to go to, especially if that country is as affected as Spain - it's on the news, everyone can see that. This is not an innocent mistake, it is a criminal behaviour, of a spoilt brat may I add. There is no way to excuse or justify what he and his friends did, and it'd be really kind of you to stop trying to excuse him as a sign of respect to people who have died, who are left with lifelong negative effects on their health, who are essential workers risking their lives right now.

Honestly and without wanting to excuse anyone, but during Covid it seems like basically every country is doing it's own thing. Some require masks, some don't, some not for all, some only in certain situations or places...rules seem to change very fast of what is allowed and what not...

Still:
Yes Joachim and his friends should've taken a look in the papers and informed themselves.

And even if not common sense should've been enough that it's probably not best idea to throw a party just now.

Yeah, countries have different rules but as Miss Marple said, "he should have made sure he understood all the Spanish rules."
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2020, 10:47:38 AM »

You are giving the information when you arrive in Spain, regarding all the restrictions. So "not knowing because I am foreign" is not an excuse. It never is IMO. If you travel abroad, I think you should check a couple of basic rules of your destination, for your own safety. Even more in a pandemic period.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »

OT: The sad thing about the pandemic is that most likely others are paying the price for your decision: Example: My co-workers daughter spent her gap year in South America in a social project, very determined to continue as she was set to stay until July - she had just learned enough Spanish to communicate and the project which had been started in September came along. It was one of the things that would have made the world a better place. So she declined coming home, calming her mom that the people were so poor and the place so rural, there was no travel for pleasure and most likely they would not have been infected ...

...Went well until two tourists turned up at the very beginning of the pandemie. One showed cold symptoms, but he was sure "it was only a cold". They were doing a sabbatical and explained the flights had been expensive, they only had a year and things were pre-arranged and "they simply knew they were safe". So it was all about them and their plans and getting most of the year. Needless to say: They brought Corona with them - when they realized they left the place suddenly and went most likely to a place where there was good health care for them (most likely they had a great health insurance). Nothing of that can be said of the people they left infected. There was not even a doctor in the place, leave along health insurance plans ... My co-worker's daughter was then in one of the government planes ... the project has come to an end.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »

That is horrible  Crap Snare Real mad

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2020, 02:10:01 PM »

OT: The sad thing about the pandemic is that most likely others are paying the price for your decision: Example: My co-workers daughter spent her gap year in South America in a social project, very determined to continue as she was set to stay until July - she had just learned enough Spanish to communicate and the project which had been started in September came along. It was one of the things that would have made the world a better place. So she declined coming home, calming her mom that the people were so poor and the place so rural, there was no travel for pleasure and most likely they would not have been infected ...

...Went well until two tourists turned up at the very beginning of the pandemie. One showed cold symptoms, but he was sure "it was only a cold". They were doing a sabbatical and explained the flights had been expensive, they only had a year and things were pre-arranged and "they simply knew they were safe". So it was all about them and their plans and getting most of the year. Needless to say: They brought Corona with them - when they realized they left the place suddenly and went most likely to a place where there was good health care for them (most likely they had a great health insurance). Nothing of that can be said of the people they left infected. There was not even a doctor in the place, leave along health insurance plans ... My co-worker's daughter was then in one of the government planes ... the project has come to an end.

Oh my, that is indeed very horrible  Nerves
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2020, 03:05:32 PM »

Frankly, the thread about Joachim is pissing me off.  As a Royal Belgium travelling to Spain (meaning having the best advice from his  own Foreign Office) he should have known Spain's rules about travelling in this pandemic when he wanted to travel.  

Spain has had the strictest lock down in Europe. No one was allowed outside for 42 days with the exception of buying food and 15 mins pet toilet.  Not even children were allowed outside.  There is a State of Alarm in Spain and one of the strictest rules has been NOT to bring the virus from high risk areas to low ones by travelling between regions/provinces.  We all know that.  Certainly Joachim knew that.  He travelled sick internationally from Belgium to Madrid, under the justification of "work", he then took a train to Andalucia (which was travelling between regions/states and not allowed) to have a party. No excuse.  I hope he gets criminally charged with endangering the public health.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:16:07 PM by Isabel » Logged
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2020, 03:06:48 PM »

You are giving the information when you arrive in Spain, regarding all the restrictions. So "not knowing because I am foreign" is not an excuse. It never is IMO. If you travel abroad, I think you should check a couple of basic rules of your destination, for your own safety. Even more in a pandemic period.

Star Star Star
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »

Well, if the restrictions and rules are clearly communicated, than there really is no excuse. Idiot, he should have tried that in Germany. Every hamlet has it's very own rules and nobody knows squat what is allowed and what not. If you get fined for whatever reason, there is a very good chance that a judge will throw the fine out of the window.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2020, 05:50:52 PM »

Well, if the restrictions and rules are clearly communicated, than there really is no excuse. Idiot, he should have tried that in Germany. Every hamlet has it's very own rules and nobody knows squat what is allowed and what not. If you get fined for whatever reason, there is a very good chance that a judge will throw the fine out of the window.

IMO just stay home.... or find out what you can do or where you can go .... not too hard really for an educated person with connections who could advise you....
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

Spain slaps Prince Joachim with €10,400 fine over lockdown party

https://www.brusselstimes...fine-over-lockdown-party/

Spain has hit Belgium’s Prince Joachim with a €10,400 fine for attending a lockdown party in the country after which he tested positive for Covid-19. Joachim was handed the maximum fine for a “serious violation of civil protection [laws],” which, if paid within 15 days, will be reduced by 50%, El País reports.

The 28-year-old prince landed in hot water after it was revealed that he had flown to Madrid and attended a party in the southern city of Córdoba. Spanish authorities said Joachim failed to observe the mandatory 14-day quarantine after arriving in Spain, violating the country’s strict lockdown rules.

Joachim, King Philippe’s nephew and 10th in line to the Belgian throne, issued a public apology after news broke that he had tested positive for the virus which was killed more than 27,000 in Spain. Following news of his test results, local officials expressed indignation over the events, with one official saying that such actions “put at risk everything that we have achieved during the state of alarm.”

While authorities initially said that Joachim had attended one lockdown party with 26 others, an investigation launched after the facts suggest that the prince actually attended two separate events. The first event was a meal shared with 12 guests and the second was a gathering of 15 people, which, according to El País, would mean that both events were allowed amid Córdoba’s lockdown relaxations.

The fine issued concerns the prince’s flouting of the mandatory quarantine period, as Spanish authorities continue investigating the events he attended.
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2020, 12:37:24 AM »

Do Astrid and Lorenz have any homes outside Brussels? Did Lorenz inherit any properties?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: