Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spainís Prime Minister wants to remove noble titles from 37 families  (Read 971 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2019, 04:19:00 PM »

https://royalcentral.co.u...-from-37-families-128275/
Lemon drizzle

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 05:00:01 PM »

Well he's had Franco's remains moved from his original grave so nothing would surprise me now.

https://www.google.com/ur...e_mdqLXlUrd_H&ampcf=1

I'm sure Corbyn and his band if brothers would love to do the same in the UK

Lady Liebe

Large Member

United States United States

Planning future havoc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »

I never knew Franco had the power to grant titles. The article is from August of this year, and seems a piece with the disinterment and movement  of his body. Given the controversy that has been swirling around France ever since he came to power, and more so after his death, this does not seem unexpected.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »

I never knew Franco had the power to grant titles. The article is from August of this year, and seems a piece with the disinterment and movement  of his body. Given the controversy that has been swirling around France ever since he came to power, and more so after his death, this does not seem unexpected.

To my understanding the title was granted by Juan Carlos.....

According to the Wikipedia of Franco's daughter MarŪa del Carmen Franco y Polo, 1st Duchess of Franco, Grandee of Spain, Marchioness of Villaverde

"...Shortly after her father's death in 1975, King Juan Carlos created her Duchess of Franco and a Grandee of Spain in her own right, with a Coat of Arms of new creation. These Arms are a variation of the Arms of the de Andrade family of Galicia, from whom she is twice descended from the Pardo de Andrade branch, and twice again from the 7th Counts of Lemos and SarriaÖ"
Lady Liebe

Large Member

United States United States

Planning future havoc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 06:22:31 PM »

I never knew Franco had the power to grant titles. The article is from August of this year, and seems a piece with the disinterment and movement  of his body. Given the controversy that has been swirling around France ever since he came to power, and more so after his death, this does not seem unexpected.

To my understanding the title was granted by Juan Carlos.....

According to the Wikipedia of Franco's daughter María del Carmen Franco y Polo, 1st Duchess of Franco, Grandee of Spain, Marchioness of Villaverde

"...Shortly after her father's death in 1975, King Juan Carlos created her Duchess of Franco and a Grandee of Spain in her own right, with a Coat of Arms of new creation. These Arms are a variation of the Arms of the de Andrade family of Galicia, from whom she is twice descended from the Pardo de Andrade branch, and twice again from the 7th Counts of Lemos and Sarria…"

In the case of the Duke of Franco, yes. But the rest of the titles were given by Francisco Franco himself.
Hence the move to take the titles away.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 06:33:58 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »

Don't they have other problems in Spain?

Anyway is this just a move of revenge on people, who have probably not even something to do with it (I assume many of those people whom Franco originally converted the titles are already dead and their children certainly have nothing to do with it) or does having a title actual bring some benefit (like a place in the parliament, certain amount of money etc.) that he wants to take away?
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »

Sound like odd move;but then given Franco reputation in Spain it's kind of understood.....however zs long as those titles don't cost a thung the state of Spain why bother? Why looking for controversery? I belive Spain have far much serious problems than going after titles?!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: