Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant  (Read 19534 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »

Happy 18th birthday to Princess Elisabeth!

Birthday celebrations will be broadcast live on belgian TV later today.

Here are a few photos of the birthday girl from the last 18 years

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »

Preparations have started - it looks like Elisabeth will receive the Order of Leopold today

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 10:25:56 AM »

Elizabeth is a lovely, confident, intelligent young woman who is a credit to her family. Phil and Til, and nannies, and others involved, you did a fabulous job with this wonderful young lady. They must be so proud. *I* am and I don't even know her!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 10:38:35 AM »

I wish her a happy birthday and the very best for her adult life. And hopefully Uncle Laurent will behave properly today.
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 10:50:27 AM »

Livestream in Dutch: https://www.hln.be/showbi...inses-elisabeth~aafb47e1/
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »

Bedankt!

"ïn het beige tenuetje van Natan"  Grin

"prinses Astrid staat niet op de lijst van Natan. Zij heeft draagt meestal Chanel"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:04:54 AM by Principessa » Logged
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 10:56:41 AM »

The Belgian government have named a North Sea wind farm after the birthday girl:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 11:02:44 AM »

Apparently the whole royal family, with exception of Laurent, would be present.

EDIT: on the live blog, I have noticed Claire AND Laurent. Apparently he is present.  I assume I mixed up Laurent and Lorenz (misheard the name)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:06:57 PM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 11:19:59 AM »

https://www.hln.be/showbi...s-gemaal-worden~a5471a46/

De moeilijke zoektocht naar een geschikte echtgenoot voor prinses Elisabeth: “Welke jonge man wil nu prins-gemaal worden?”

The difficult search for a suitable husband for Princess Elisabeth: "Which young man now wants to be a prince-consort?"

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 11:21:05 AM »

https://www.hln.be/showbi...s-gemaal-worden~a5471a46/

De moeilijke zoektocht naar een geschikte echtgenoot voor prinses Elisabeth: “Welke jonge man wil nu prins-gemaal worden?”

The difficult search for a suitable husband for Princess Elisabeth: "Which young man now wants to be a prince-consort?"

ALREADY?Huh? The poor girl is 18!

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »

Phil, Til and Lil have arrived: Elisabeth is in a nice white belted coat.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 11:28:45 AM »

Phil is starting his speech:

Chère Élisabeth, ta maman et moi sommes très heureux de t’avoir pour fille. Nous sommes fiers de toi

aww

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 11:35:20 AM »

Phil's speech

Today, you are 18 years old. And we are very happy to celebrate with you this important step in your life. When I was 18 years old, two questions animated me: "Who am I?" And "What can I do with my life?"

Your generation has developed a keen sense of societal, climatic and environmental issues. You aspire to a more just, equitable and united society. You are fully aware that our resources are not unlimited. Our lifestyles must evolve.

Like all young people you aspire to freedom. To be free is to answer the call of life.

Your mother and I are very happy to have you as a daughter. We are proud of you and how you take charge of your life. Do not be afraid to go forward, to realize the challenges. You have many qualities, I know that it will bring a lot of happiness to everyone you meet. Belgium is a country that finds its richness and strength in its diversity and in its human capital. The monarchy is above all a human dimension. It is at the service of people. Every king or queen is brought to value and stimulate the best in everyone. This is to be King of the Belgians.

Spread your wings, be happy. That's what I wish you wholeheartedly, that's what we wish you all.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2019, 11:39:44 AM »

I am now enjoying the speeches of the 5  Belgian 18 year old (born in the same year as Elisabeth). Coming from the various provinces of Belgium.

Currently the latest one, which IMO is a specials one. The girl is born in Congo and came to Belgian with her parents. At first with illegal / immigrant status. Based on her use of Dutch I assume she grew up in Flanderen.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2019, 11:45:57 AM »

Now the Leopoldsorde, which Elisabeth will receive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: