Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant  (Read 27683 times)
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2019, 07:46:04 PM »

It seems they did try to include this morning everyone that is of some importance to Elisabeth. A reporter talked to a doctor, dentist and a former nanny  . She will be so tired when this day is over  Laugh bounce

I'm hoping she has a proper 18th birthday later. Jagerbombs, dancing and fashion choices she will regret
I hope so too. Everything was a bit formal this morning.
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »

Just   this moment between Laurent and Elisabeth. He's all like 'Let me have a proper look at you' 

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2019, 08:21:04 PM »

Sweet interaction between Elisabeth and Laurent 

So this afternoon the Association of the Belgian Nobility received Elisabeth and presented her with a gift ( supposedly a necklace) . Knowing this is the same association who gifted Mathilde with the Laurel Wreath tiara for her wedding, I have some hope on the tiara front there  Secret

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »

Just   this moment between Laurent and Elisabeth. He's all like 'Let me have a proper look at you' 

Am I the only one who thinks she looks a wee bit like Stephanie of Luxembourg in this photo?

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:12 PM »

I said that a few days ago on the Belgium thread. Asked if they were related in any way ( they arenít except by marriage)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 08:55:07 PM »

Wafflets and extended family

Were the maternal aunts and uncle present? And Astrid's and Laurent's children? Amedeo was there as Elisabeth's godfather and I think I spotted Lily for a second.

If I am correct some of the maternal family was present. The maternal grandmother & aunts and uncles.
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2019, 09:08:39 PM »

Elisabeth's speech in all 3 languages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JLah3RKCXs

Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2019, 09:10:18 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks she looks a wee bit like Stephanie of Luxembourg in this photo?

I think she does in profile but IMO Elisabeth is prettier than poor Stephanie. Arenít they distantly related or is it just that Steph is Belgium nobility? I canít remember her background. (ETA: I just saw cordtx response that they arenít related. Thanks!)

Elisabeth seems like a lovely young woman and itís wild that she is 18. Like many others here I remember when she was born. Iím glad to see that the dysfunction of the extended family has skipped Philip and Mathilda. They appear to be good parents and are very proud of their girl.
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2019, 09:15:23 PM »

Steph is Belgian nobility, so is Mathilde. Both from the Walloon part of Belgium. I do not know if they are distant related. It is possible maybe through Mathilde's dad? Mathilde's mum is Polish.
Maybe someone should dig into that  . Personally I see a ressemblance with late queen Astrid and Delphine Boel.
And yes, Elisabeth is prettier in my opinion too  Smiley
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2019, 09:39:02 PM »

Funny how we hope that Elisabeth has a fun birthday bash with her friends, tbh, I would never doubt that with many of the other young(er) princely offspring.
I quite like Mathilde's dress, the colour is nice and the cut is flattering on her figure. The shawl detail is very clever on an unPilated tummy.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2019, 11:16:34 PM »

A very classy birthday celebration for a classy young lady !  Champagne Jumping Jumping Champagne

https://www.hln.be/showbi...s-gemaal-worden~a5471a46/

De moeilijke zoektocht naar een geschikte echtgenoot voor prinses Elisabeth: ďWelke jonge man wil nu prins-gemaal worden?Ē

The difficult search for a suitable husband for Princess Elisabeth: "Which young man now wants to be a prince-consort?"

ALREADY?Huh? The poor girl is 18!
Poor girl indeed, it even sound a bit 'trashy' to mention that on the first day of her adulthood. She is still so young, but now she no more has the protection from the press of being a child.

I dearly hope the gossip press will let her live her life in peace, or at least be decent, but I doubt it.

SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2019, 11:37:44 PM »

This family is so boring so I don't pay much attention to them. But based on how Elizabeth seems to have turned out, boring may be best for monarchies. I look forward to watching her as a young adult.  Thumb up

genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2019, 12:06:30 AM »

Star  I agree, this is such a sweet photo!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2019, 12:11:03 AM »

Ooooh that speech of Elizabeth  Thumb up
I enjoyed every moment although i got the french part only  
Phillipe and Mathilde did a very good job with their her and their kids..this is how royals should look and act and be imo

Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2019, 12:11:57 AM »

Looooooove it 
They all seem so proud of their crown princess

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: