Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant  (Read 27718 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 11:47:39 AM »

The speech of Elisabeth herself, started in Dutch. Mix of Dutch and French.
In French she thanked her siblings and especially her parents. You can clearly see the emotions of Mathilde and Philippe.

And then after some change between Dutch and French she also does a part in German.
Impressive!!

To my ears her Dutch sounds very good!

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 11:51:06 AM »

Oh I do like these dull, dutiful Waffles.

The event is very Belgian RF - not too showy, slightly old fashioned but also inclusive and engaging.

Very impressed by proud dad Phil and Elisabeth, who just seems to be a lovely and very sensible girl

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »

Phil, Til and Lil have arrived: Elisabeth is in a nice white belted coat.

Love her suit. I remember the day she was born. I was a brand new, teenage royal watcher. Can’t believe she’s 18.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 11:52:57 AM »

Elisabeth's speech:

Sire, majesty,

Dear guests,

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am happy to celebrate here with you my eighteenth birthday. This moment will forever be engraved in my memory.

These eighteen years have been filled with many rewarding moments that have made me the person I am today. Eighteen is the transition to adulthood. A moment of reflection for all that life has brought me and the chances that have been given to me. And that inspires me a lot of gratitude.

I think first of all of my family who has always been there to support me and encourage me. We are a great team, also with my brothers and sister, Gabriel, Emmanuel and Eleonore. Thank you, mum, for your availability and your listening. Thank you, dad, for your trust. I know I can always count on you.

I would like to thank my teachers. I'm happy to see you here again. Your know-how and contagious enthusiasm opened me to the world, art, music and sports.

I am also touched by the presence of patients from the Princess Elisabeth Hospital, with whom I have a special connection.

You young people who, like me, are celebrating your eighteen this year, I thank you for the beautiful messages you have just made and for the many other written testimonies I have received. They are filled with lucidity and wisdom. I share your concerns for the future, especially for the climate, and the solidarity we need to provide. I have faith in the future by seeing how much my generation is involved in it. I am driven by the same hopes and the same desire to make a difference.

Eighteen years old ... It's a course I'm optimistic about. I know that I still have so much to learn. That's what I want to focus on in the coming years: to try to better understand the world in which we live and to contribute to improve it, by giving the best of myself.

The country can count on my commitment.

*starts to ugly-cry at my desk*

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 11:56:35 AM »

Damn! I still remember her birth and now she is 18, and doing tear-jerker speech Cry

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 11:59:30 AM »

I have to confess in the beginning the comments of the Dutch/Flemish commentators was also funny. Among others about the clothing by Natan and if it is white/creme/beige what Elisabeth is wearing  Laugh bounce
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 12:01:49 PM »

More photos:

Elisabeth is in Natan (of course...)

Gabriel, Leonore and Emmanuel were there, along with Til's parents, Albert and Paola, Laurent and Claire (she lives!), Astrid and Amadeo (who is Lil's godfather)

And pure wholesome Waffle-ness during Elisabeth's speech

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »

It is also remarked today is also the birthday of the daughter of Delphine Boel, she became 16 years old.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »

Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 12:16:52 PM »

that's a very good speech - very down-to-earth and committed girl, it seems. no surprises here though given who her parents are. I may think the Belgians are immensely boring but if I lived in a country with a monarch as head of state, I'd prefer this family over anyone else. They understand the meaning of service to the nation and what royalty is and is not.
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »

It was a beautiful celebration. Phil an Til at the brink of tears almost the entire time and holding hands were just awww. Elisabeth gave a very good speech and looked lovely. If her dress is by Satan, then it is one of his best creations. I liked very much that after her speech the birthday girl took a seat among her young guests.

Give me a little boring but rock-solid and no-nonsense Wafles above wannabe celebrity royals any day.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2019, 01:16:11 PM »

It’s interesting that in two of the countries in Europe where the monarchy might be most “needed” to keep the nation together, the current RF’s are so tight-knit and seemingly well prepared heirs, both female (Belgium and Spain). Phillipe and Felipe have so much in common and both have chosen a very good partner. Nice to see - and likely neither family will break apart even if their country or the monarchy will. In many countries/RF’s I don’t think it would work out so well..
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2019, 01:22:23 PM »

Aww, Mathilde

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »

What did she do to earn the medal, just out of curiosity?  Is this something all 18 year olds get in Belgium?

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2019, 01:25:43 PM »

It’s interesting that in two of the countries in Europe where the monarchy might be most “needed” to keep the nation together, the current RF’s are so tight-knit and seemingly well prepared heirs, both female (Belgium and Spain). Phillipe and Felipe have so much in common and both have chosen a very good partner. Nice to see - and likely neither family will break apart even if their country or the monarchy will. In many countries/RF’s I don’t think it would work out so well..

Interesting, both Spain and Belgium have two of the most hard working and 'slimmed down' monarchies and are deliberately unshowy when it comes to jewels, glitz, glamour, balls, etc. I think both demonstrate a level of political sensitivity (if not downright caution) which is appropriate to each nation.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: