Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant  (Read 27724 times)
Clover

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2019, 12:45:33 AM »

It’s interesting that in two of the countries in Europe where the monarchy might be most “needed” to keep the nation together, the current RF’s are so tight-knit and seemingly well prepared heirs, both female (Belgium and Spain). Phillipe and Felipe have so much in common and both have chosen a very good partner. Nice to see - and likely neither family will break apart even if their country or the monarchy will. In many countries/RF’s I don’t think it would work out so well..

Yes! I agree, Felipe and Philippe seem very similar and both have raised lovely children who are very respectful to the crown.
sad there were no tiaras but otherwise a lovely little ceremony. happy birthday to elisabeth!

ps why are the kiddos called waffles/wafflets?

Because the children are four cute little Belgian waffles

Lovely Belgian waffles with lots of butter and syrup on top!

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2019, 08:19:55 AM »

What a lovely young lady! I wish her all the best. Her parent are so proud and they did a great job bringing her up.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2019, 08:35:25 AM »

What a wonderful young lady, I loved her speech (although I could only grasp bits and pieces of the Flamish part)...  It's lovely to see her proud parents so moved!!
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2019, 09:53:50 AM »

A lovely princess raised in a close, loving family. It's touching to see the siblings supporting and trying to put each other at ease.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2019, 03:30:46 PM »

Six new pictures taken on Elisabeth 18th birthday have been released

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2019, 03:52:21 PM »

Lovely photos, and it's nice to see Elisabeth's maternal grandmother involved, too.

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2019, 06:07:23 PM »

Albert and Paola should be on their knees thanking God and the stars in gratitude of how their grandchildren are turning out thanks to their poor children all choosing good partners. I really hope they’re grateful!
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2019, 09:30:07 PM »

Albert and Paola should be on their knees thanking God and the stars in gratitude of how their grandchildren are turning out thanks to their poor children all choosing good partners. I really hope they’re grateful!

They probably are not. But they should be.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2019, 09:44:37 PM »

Beautiful pix of tge who family
Albert looks frail imo

Maxiqueen

Baby Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »

What a lovely young lady! I wish her all the best. Her parent are so proud and they did a great job bringing her up.
So do I. She was perfect in "her" offical celebrations, the speech in all the Belgian languages and the content of the speech,  the geniune warmth she was surrounded by her family. Philippe and Mathilde have done a very good job with their kids.  They are fully entitled to be proud of their daughter. I saw some good parents who had disfunctional families in their childhood so they know what to do and above all what not to do.  As for the dress I must say I like her choices, the blue evening gown of the official picture is very suitable for a 18 years old girl. I must admit she is so pretty in that dress and that dress is appropriate for the occasion and her age, with that body shape she  can make even Natan dresses  look gorgeus 

TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2019, 08:28:41 AM »

Very late reply because I have been recovering from surgery, but I completely agree with everyone here. The Belgians are a tad boring, but looking at some other royal families, I'll take "dependable and dull but controversy free" over "hot mess". Elisabeth seems like a lovely young lady. Her parents are not the most exciting royals to dish on, but they have done an excellent job with their children, and that's what really matters.

Night Blooming Jasmine

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2019, 09:53:57 AM »

It really warms my heart to see such a poised young lady as Elisabeth. I hope she goes far in her academic pursuits. I love the way she dresses, just so appropriate and sophisticated, not a slave to silly trends. Looks like the Belgian crown will be in good hands.
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2019, 11:54:41 PM »

Excellent statement!   Thumb up However, they are probably patting themselves on the back for their great child rearing...
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2019, 01:44:01 AM »

The big group portrait is somewhat oddly arranged.  I would have sat Elisabeth between her parents, or, had her stand directly behind them in the center near to Mathilde's mom, grouping the other children around her.  I suppose Astrid's son is there because Lorenz is not?  I would have had him stand next to Astrid. 

But having said my criticism 😁 these are  nice photos & Elisabeth is certainly fortunate in her sensible & loving parents.

A pity Queen Fabiola didn't live to see this day. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2019, 01:57:09 AM »

The big group portrait is somewhat oddly arranged.  I would have sat Elisabeth between her parents, or, had her stand directly behind them in the center near to Mathilde's mom, grouping the other children around her.  I suppose Astrid's son is there because Lorenz is not?  I would have had him stand next to Astrid.  

But having said my criticism 😁 these are  nice photos & Elisabeth is certainly fortunate in her sensible & loving parents.

A pity Queen Fabiola didn't live to see this day.  

If I am correct Amedeo, Astrid's oldest son, is godparent to his cousin. While Philippe, Elisabeth 's dad, is a godparent to his nephew Amedeo....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: