Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leonor & Sofía  (Read 101540 times)
Isabel

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2022, 11:46:25 AM »

I think I am responsible for this belt-with-jeans discussion but actually I did not see what Leonor wears as jeans and the belt suggestion was to balance the blouse so it is my opinion only.

However, my sister and her friends who are mostly Spanish and all are teens like, swap, share belts.

There is no rule and I am glad of it.

You are in no way responsible for how we all discuss fashion trends.  I will point out however that "mostly Spanish" means little when actual Spaniards are commenting on fashion trends in Spain.

Respectfully, Isabel, I mean that it was because of something I wrote that the discussion started and I was trying to clarify.
'Mostly Spanish' was in reference to the fact that my sister, and most of her friends, are Spanish.
I acknowledge that my English is not so fluent but you do not need to be rude or aggressive.

Mariola, I'm so sorry you thought I was being rude or aggressive, I honestly didn't want  or tried to be.  English is not my first language either and often it sounds more forcefully written than the way I want to.  Part of my working life has been in England working with Americans and often when discussing food or fashion etc with them I'd mention I'm Spanish only to be told something like "oh year, my cousin is Spanish from Nicaragua, Mexico .... which made the conversation difficult because many couldn't understand that Spanish is a language and there are huge differences in politics/society/food and and fashion between Spain and countries in Latin America when cultural components are very indiosyncratic to individual countries.  It's what I tried to say but very poorly delivered.

Again my apologies for upsetting you.  I didn't mean it.  

Isabel

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2022, 12:33:59 PM »

Oh,please. Let's just have fun.It's not worth crossing lines for a belt ,a colour or whatever.And being ( enthusiastic and joyful) Royal Dishers from all over the world ( am I right?),we would probably say exactly what we mean if we used our first language. I very often feel frustrated because I am not able to put my thoughts into the correct English words.
BTW, dear ladies : I'm not trying to lecture anybody. I haven't been in the most cheerful mood these days and I felt a bit distressed. Perdonadme.

I'm sorry for my part in distressing you. Like you, I often feel frustrated because Im not able to put my thoughts and my feelings with the correct English grammar, I really envy those who can.

Nada que perdonar LG.  Perdoname tu a mi.
Isabel

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2022, 12:39:29 PM »

Who wears a belt with jeans?Huh??

At least she is still dressing like a teenage girl, not some 40-year-old business woman.

Lots of people, especially those of us who were in our 20s during the 90s.

Heck, I was a teenager during the '90s (...an '80s born...) and I almost always wear a belt with jeans............

Last time I wore a belt with my jeans was in the last 80s/early 90s and I'm 62 y.o.   

When I was younger a belt was needed. I often had the problem with jeans that they would fit my  (upper) legs, but would create a peeking gap around my waist. In some jeans my mother made some alterations, to tighten the waistband. She called them coupenaden ( = coupe seams). Another item were often the so-called high water (trouser) legs. Around 12-13 years old I had a big growth spurt and came in at around 1.80 meters. Many of my pants, which otherwise fit reasonably well, were suddenly too short. I also had trouble finding affordable tall women's jeans at the time. Currently, there are relatively many more long jeans for women to be found. Even several that are too long for me. Fortunately for several women and girls in my family, as I am currently in the middle of the table compared to many of them.

Nowadays, I need also often a belt to have my jeans fit well. I gained weight, in particular around/at my belly. I often have a hard time to find fitting affordable jeans.

Yeah, you have problems with jeans but you are 1.80 meters tall!!!!

I'm more than green, I'm frigging yellow with envy.  I'm vertically challenged at 1.60 m and all I've wanted was 10 cms more!
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2022, 06:13:42 PM »

Who wears a belt with jeans?Huh??

At least she is still dressing like a teenage girl, not some 40-year-old business woman.

Lots of people, especially those of us who were in our 20s during the 90s.

Heck, I was a teenager during the '90s (...an '80s born...) and I almost always wear a belt with jeans............

Last time I wore a belt with my jeans was in the last 80s/early 90s and I'm 62 y.o.   

When I was younger a belt was needed. I often had the problem with jeans that they would fit my  (upper) legs, but would create a peeking gap around my waist. In some jeans my mother made some alterations, to tighten the waistband. She called them coupenaden ( = coupe seams). Another item were often the so-called high water (trouser) legs. Around 12-13 years old I had a big growth spurt and came in at around 1.80 meters. Many of my pants, which otherwise fit reasonably well, were suddenly too short. I also had trouble finding affordable tall women's jeans at the time. Currently, there are relatively many more long jeans for women to be found. Even several that are too long for me. Fortunately for several women and girls in my family, as I am currently in the middle of the table compared to many of them.

Nowadays, I need also often a belt to have my jeans fit well. I gained weight, in particular around/at my belly. I often have a hard time to find fitting affordable jeans.

Yeah, you have problems with jeans but you are 1.80 meters tall!!!!

I'm more than green, I'm frigging yellow with envy.  I'm vertically challenged at 1.60 m and all I've wanted was 10 cms more!
Oh, lucky you all !I won't even mention my height or my shoe size...Finding shoes my size is Mission Impossible.
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: July 15, 2022, 03:01:06 PM »

First official event abroad for the sisters

Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía will attend the group stage match of the "UEFA Women's Euro England 2022" between the National Teams of Denmark and Spain on Saturday at the Brentford Community Stadium in London

https://www.casareal.es/E...s_detalle.aspx?data=15421
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2022, 09:21:09 PM »

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía attend UEFA Women's Euro 2022 group B match between Denmark and Spain at Brentford Community Stadium

http://images.gtresnews.c...page/1/SN/ACTUALITY_TODOS

https://www.semana.es/cas...utbol-20220716-002520587/

« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 10:05:26 PM by lula » Logged
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2022, 10:11:02 PM »

@CasaReal

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 12:07:17 AM by lula » Logged
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2022, 10:23:24 PM »

https://www.rfef.es/notic...on-espanola-femenina-euro

periwinkle

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2022, 10:28:46 PM »

We're just missing the Danish prince. That would have been super. Leonor especially is very grownup here. She will excel in her post secondary school life I'm sure of it and hope a stint at a foreign university is in the cards for her.  Is there any report about their interests in school or in a pre-professional sense?
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2022, 12:31:21 AM »

@CasaReal

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2022, 07:24:27 AM »

Leo looked beautiful, white pants would have looked more summary than navy pants on Sofia. Nice to see them attending a fun event.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2022, 07:30:02 AM »

We're just missing the Danish prince. That would have been super. Leonor especially is very grownup here. She will excel in her post secondary school life I'm sure of it and hope a stint at a foreign university is in the cards for her.  Is there any report about their interests in school or in a pre-professional sense?

Leo likely will get her bachelor degree in Spain, master degree in US as her Daddy. I hope she will go to college first, then military school. It's fun to go to college with the classmates of the same age.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2022, 10:11:19 AM »

sofia is lovely  Smiley
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2022, 12:10:23 PM »

I heard sports reporters last night say that Infanta Sofía is keen on football and even plays the game ( midfielder, I think).

https://www.lecturas.com/...olera-familia-real_123991
JessicaM

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2022, 01:44:45 PM »

What a great event for the girls. Sofia is absolutely thrilled and excited and Leonor looks so grown up. It says a lot that the sisters as well as their parents are confident that they can master already events without their parents abroad  Thumb up.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: