Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10th Anniversary of the Princess of Girona Foundation  (Read 4778 times)
lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 09:46:24 PM »

@CasaReal

lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 10:12:35 PM »

https://www.hola.com/real...elipe-discurso-leonor/11/

Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 10:34:32 PM »

Princess Leonor's speech in Spanish, English, Catalan and Arabic.

https://twitter.com/rtve/...tatus/1191436414631731200
Wow amazing! Honestly Felipe and Letizia are doing things right.
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 10:55:12 PM »

They sure are! Poised, well trained princesses stepping up to the plate with full parental support, and possibly garnering support from the Spanish as they grow up. I wonder if the SRF is so careful because their monarchy may be more fragile than others and they do not assume a forever, we'll-always-be-around attitude (looking at you, UK). The SRF does not seem cocky and arrogant, but careful, measured and supportive of the country. Filipe chose well.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 11:26:09 PM »

Many thanks for the pictures,Lula.
amethyst

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 11:34:41 PM »

Leti in a tux is Star ... but then I noticed the awful feather dusters on the sleeves!

Leonor did wonderfully of course, her family should be very proud of her
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2019, 11:43:14 PM »

Many thanks for the pictures,Lula.

Yes indeed - thanks Lula!  Star

Leo was very impressive. Good job F&L!
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 01:17:53 AM »

They sure are! Poised, well trained princesses stepping up to the plate with full parental support, and possibly garnering support from the Spanish as they grow up. I wonder if the SRF is so careful because their monarchy may be more fragile than others and they do not assume a forever, we'll-always-be-around attitude (looking at you, UK). The SRF does not seem cocky and arrogant, but careful, measured and supportive of the country. Filipe chose well.
I honestly agree with everything you said. It is more fragile and they are sure doing things correctly. I am in the agreement that the Spanish public will start to support Leonor too as a future monarch.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 06:20:44 AM »

Leti in a tux is Star ... but then I noticed the awful feather dusters on the sleeves!

Leonor did wonderfully of course, her family should be very proud of her

The feathers on Leti's tux would've worked better if the tux were less "straight". If it were a more flamboyant style (perhaps with 3/4 sleeves or cropped jacket) then a feather trim would've worked. This is another Pertegaz design - only the second one she's worn recently since her wedding gown.

Leti's outfit would've looked better with contrasting top and shoes (like the model). However, the monochromatic black looks elegant while also causing her to fade into the background thereby giving Leonor (in red) all the attention. Sofia's white helps her standout, but doesn't take attention from Leonor.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 06:28:40 AM »

Leonor is a rockstar. 

She and Elisabeth of Belgium.

Yes, Elisabeth's and Leonor's public debuts have been impressive. Leonor's more so because she's 5 years younger. Leonor is so poised for her age. Both sets of parents understand they're navigating shaky monarchies. They've prepared their daughters well. Judging by the audience reaction to Leonor (prolonged standing ovation), she's on her way to building support for herself and the monarchy in Spain. She has demonstrated she is taking her responsibilities seriously. Her speeches are well-written and well-practiced - in multiple languages.

Has I-A had her public debut yet? Amalia and Christian have hard acts to follow.
SunFlower19

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 06:39:49 AM »

There were 2,000 protestors in Barcelona.
https://time.com/5718232/...s-spanish-king-catalonia/

I don’t know if it was intentional, but red is a traditional color for Catalonia, found in both its flag and crest (red and gold stripes) and St. George’s Cross (red and white).

Another English language article about Leonor’s speech.
https://people.com/royals...protests-against-her-dad/

(I’m still looking for a complete English translation of her speech).

From what I’ve read, it was known in advance that there would be protests against the King.  
Picar

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »

I did my best to make and appropriate translation in English, from Spanish and Catalan.

„ I would like to thank you for listening in such an important day for me. This is the first time I speak in an act from the Princess of Girona Foundation. And it is exciting to do so as the foundation completes 10 years of age. We are almost the same age, and we have been growing up almost together.  It is an honour to me that it takes the name Princess of Girona for all that it symbolizes and because it is related to the present and future of young people. And that is very good for us all.
I would like to congratulate this year’s winners as well as those from previous years. You are a great family of talent, hard work and hope that will continue to growing thanks to the generosity and support of so many and thanks to your commitment. You are an example to the all young Spanish people and I admire you so much because you represent the best values that the foundation … from Cataluna.
Since we were very small, our parents have told me and my sister infanta Sofia about Girona and Cataluna with real affection. Thanks to them, we know many things about the history and culture of Cataluna.
As Princess of Girona, I would like to honour the Foundation as it deserves to be honoured, and to carry its name proudly to all Cataluna, the rest of Spain and to all the world. So that everybody knows that taking care of the youth, their education, that giving them more opportunities it to contribute for a better future for all of us.
Thanks to all of those who supported us in the foundation’s creation.Thanks to all the patrons. Thanks to all of those who have dedicated and still dedicate time and effort towards making that the Princess of Girona foundation grows. Thanks to your dedication to the youth and to a land, Cataluna, which will always hold a special place in my heart. Congratulations for this first decade. To many years more. Many thanks”.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 04:25:20 PM »

I did my best to make and appropriate translation in English, from Spanish and Catalan.

„ I would like to thank you for listening in such an important day for me. This is the first time I speak in an act from the Princess of Girona Foundation. And it is exciting to do so as the foundation completes 10 years of age. We are almost the same age, and we have been growing up almost together.  It is an honour to me that it takes the name Princess of Girona for all that it symbolizes and because it is related to the present and future of young people. And that is very good for us all.
I would like to congratulate this year’s winners as well as those from previous years. You are a great family of talent, hard work and hope that will continue to growing thanks to the generosity and support of so many and thanks to your commitment. You are an example to the all young Spanish people and I admire you so much because you represent the best values that the foundation … from Cataluna.
Since we were very small, our parents have told me and my sister infanta Sofia about Girona and Cataluna with real affection. Thanks to them, we know many things about the history and culture of Cataluna.
As Princess of Girona, I would like to honour the Foundation as it deserves to be honoured, and to carry its name proudly to all Cataluna, the rest of Spain and to all the world. So that everybody knows that taking care of the youth, their education, that giving them more opportunities it to contribute for a better future for all of us.
Thanks to all of those who supported us in the foundation’s creation.Thanks to all the patrons. Thanks to all of those who have dedicated and still dedicate time and effort towards making that the Princess of Girona foundation grows. Thanks to your dedication to the youth and to a land, Cataluna, which will always hold a special place in my heart. Congratulations for this first decade. To many years more. Many thanks”.

Thank you Picar!   Star

My understanding of Spanish apparently does not extend to what is actually spoken in Spain!
Picar

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »

Ops, I realise I made quite a few spelling mistakes. Please forgive me. Here is the corrected version:

„ I would like to thank you for listening in such an important day for me. This is the first time I speak in an act from the Princess of Girona Foundation. And it is exciting to do so as the foundation completes 10 years of age. We are almost the same age, and we have been growing up almost together.  It is an honour for me that it takes the name "Princess of Girona" for all that it symbolizes and because it is related to the present and future of young people. And that is very good for us all.

I would like to congratulate this year’s winners as well as those from previous years. You are a great family of talent, hard work and hope which continues to grow thanks to the generosity and support of so many and thanks to your commitment. You are an example to the all young Spanish people and I admire you so much because you represent the best values that the foundation brings forward from Cataluna.

lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2019, 05:09:19 PM »

‘PRINCESS OF GIRONA AWARDS’ WORKSHOPS

https://josepgegundez.pho...H5aXEUMk/C000068aKG.mLQJ0

@CasaReal

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: