Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10th Anniversary of the Princess of Girona Foundation  (Read 4780 times)
lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 05:13:39 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co....n-Letizia-engagement.html

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019, 05:38:09 PM »

Thank you for the beautiful pictures Lula!  Star
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

San Marino San Marino

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 10:32:24 PM »

Leonor is a rockstar.  

She and Elisabeth of Belgium.

Yes, Elisabeth's and Leonor's public debuts have been impressive. Leonor's more so because she's 5 years younger.
Elisabeth's 18 birthday speech was not her first one. Here at 13 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK23uFPTP_8
 Wink

They're both impressive, each on her own way.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2019, 11:15:19 PM »

Leti is an example of how well it can work out when a royal marries an smart, progressive, career woman. She treats her role like a real job, and serves her “customers” (the Spanish people) well. I know she has copped a LOT of bad press and criticism, even from her in-laws..... I’ve never known her to complain. She just gets on with it. I love how she is more than happy to fade into the background and let her daughters shine (some women struggle with that).

Both Leonor and Sofia are growing into amazing young women.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2019, 11:33:02 PM »

Leti is an example of how well it can work out when a royal marries an smart, progressive, career woman. She treats her role like a real job, and serves her “customers” (the Spanish people) well. I know she has copped a LOT of bad press and criticism, even from her in-laws..... I’ve never known her to complain. She just gets on with it. I love how she is more than happy to fade into the background and let her daughters shine (some women struggle with that).

Both Leonor and Sofia are growing into amazing young women.

I totally agree Star She's a real pro at her job, which I think is necessary in a country (and a time in general) where the purpose of a monarchy is being questioned.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2019, 05:09:41 AM »

Princess Leonor's speech in Spanish, English, Catalan and Arabic.

https://twitter.com/rtve/...tatus/1191436414631731200
Wow amazing! Honestly Felipe and Letizia are doing things right.

Here is Leonor speaking without the dubbed translation. Was there Arabic? I didn't recognize it.
https://www.youtube.com/r...www.rtve.es%2Fv%2F5434313

Catalan speakers,
How did she do?
HarryFan071

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2019, 07:30:49 AM »

Such a lovely family. Everyone looks great! Only thing I will say though, i dont like Sofias trousers. The styling looks more for a woman than a 12 year old girl. My first thought was that she borrowed Leti's pants.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2019, 08:27:55 AM »

Lots of adults find it difficult to held speech in front of bigger audience but Leonor acts like a pro already  Smiley Felipe and Letizia have done really good job at raising their girls.
Can not help but say how much I've enjoyed this thread and this family  Blush
PS: Didn't like her Victoria Beckham Leopard-print silk blouse and midi skirt. Meh.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2019, 09:25:51 AM »

Has I-A had her public debut yet? Amalia and Christian have hard acts to follow.

Ingrid and Christian are not heirs so their role i different. However Ingrid has given several readings in church at familiar anniversaries in 2011, 2012 and 2018 atleast, also interview on TV with her father, and christening of ships, and smal speeches in her sculpture park with the Queen. She gave her longest speech at her confirmation, but it was more a familiar speech. There are no awards named after her and the international prices which are given in Norway for instance maths, litterature and nuclear science, it would be very weird if they should be handed out by a child, they are given by the King or Crown prince, or a minister if they cant.

In the danish news they said during the confirmation of Ingrid they would not expect a speech from Christian until he was 18, that this was the tradition there, but I dont know if it is the truth or how it was with Frederik.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2019, 11:11:57 AM »

Here is Leonor speaking without the dubbed translation. Was there Arabic? I didn't recognize it.

She speaks in Arabic at 1:18, just when she finishes speaking in English, she's talking to the international award winner. After the speech Zarzuela confirmed to the journalists who asked that both Leonor and Sofía are learning Arabic at school.

Catalan speakers,
How did she do?

Like a native speaker, everyone is incredibly impressed.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2019, 11:16:32 AM »

She speaks in Arabic at 1:18, just when she finishes speaking in English, she's talking to the international award winner. After the speech Zarzuela confirmed to the journalists who asked that both Leonor and Sofía are learning Arabic at school.

Catalan speakers,
How did she do?

Nice and indeed impressive!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »

The proud look on Leti's face during Leonor's speech!!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »

Leonor is a rockstar.  

She and Elisabeth of Belgium.

Yes, Elisabeth's and Leonor's public debuts have been impressive. Leonor's more so because she's 5 years younger. Leonor is so poised for her age. Both sets of parents understand they're navigating shaky monarchies. They've prepared their daughters well. Judging by the audience reaction to Leonor (prolonged standing ovation), she's on her way to building support for herself and the monarchy in Spain. She has demonstrated she is taking her responsibilities seriously. Her speeches are well-written and well-practiced - in multiple languages.

Has I-A had her public debut yet? Amalia and Christian have hard acts to follow.

Elisabeth's public debut has been earlier (not at her 18th birthday), when she spoke at WWI remembrance in all 3 official Belgian languages (French, Dutch, German). I heard she had written the speech at that event herself.

According to the internet:
"..On October 18, 2014, she read a self-written speech, in the three national languages, at a ceremony commemorating the First World War..."

This would make her 12 years old (birthday October 25) at the time.

"..On 7 September 2011, the princess opened the Princess Elisabeth Hospital named after her, the new children's hospital on the campus of Ghent University Hospital. It was the first official public appearance - with speech - of the princess…"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 11:33:18 AM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2019, 11:24:11 AM »

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2019, 11:55:55 AM »

Catalan speakers,
How did she do?

Nice and indeed impressive!

Felipe and Leti are great in educating their girls and especially Leo for her role as future Queen.

Great to see how she's combining the various languages spoken in Spain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: