Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ari Behn is dead  (Read 66336 times)
dk

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2020, 10:12:30 PM »

Ari was born in Aarhus, Denmark, so somebody should have represented the Danish royal family even if it's the beginning of the year. (On another forum someone mentioned that Ari&ML attended Joachim and Marie's wedding, and they could have come to the funeral at least.)

ML seemed really heartbroken, I hope she will think her role and preferences over.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2020, 10:15:37 PM »

In her speech, Maud encouraged others who are suffering to reach out and ask for help

I just want to say to anyone who has gone through mental illness, that there is always a way out. Even though it doesn't feel that way. There are people out there who can help. Everyone deserves love and joy. To ask for help is never a weakness, but strength

And so wel said!

Absolutely.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2020, 10:17:49 PM »

Ari was born in Aarhus, Denmark, so somebody should have represented the Danish royal family even if it's the beginning of the year. (On another forum someone mentioned that Ari&ML attended Joachim and Marie's wedding, and they could have come to the funeral at least.)

I think there are bigger things going on in Denmark at the moment, that move to France is not an innocent one year experience IMO. Jokke and Marie are leaving the theater. First for a year to get the public used to them being gone. Then most likely for good.

I think this is the reason they did not attend. You would think in a case like that that the other royal houses decide together what they are doing - has clearly happened in the Netherlands and Sweden. Okay, Estelle is sick, but Daniel is also a hand-on-dad, so it was a conscious decision to send a royal not from the front of the line but someone ... same in the Netherlands. As Laurentien is the godmother she was a good choice. Jokke and/or Marie would have been the logical choice and they would have been available, but did not go.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2020, 11:01:13 PM »

I think there are bigger things going on in Denmark at the moment, that move to France is not an innocent one year experience IMO. Jokke and Marie are leaving the theater. First for a year to get the public used to them being gone. Then most likely for good.

I think this is the reason they did not attend. You would think in a case like that that the other royal houses decide together what they are doing - has clearly happened in the Netherlands and Sweden. Okay, Estelle is sick, but Daniel is also a hand-on-dad, so it was a conscious decision to send a royal not from the front of the line but someone ... same in the Netherlands. As Laurentien is the godmother she was a good choice. Jokke and/or Marie would have been the logical choice and they would have been available, but did not go.

Very good points, Miss Marple.  Star

And I’ll add GB, now that The Others have decamped for whatever reason. I think we’re seeing an acceleration, however small, in the number of monarchies being slimmed down.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2020, 12:04:59 AM »

Question for a Norwegian member of the board:  Is there a reason why they lay most of the wreaths flat on the floor in the aisle instead of having them on easel-type stands?  Just curious.  Thank you!
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: January 04, 2020, 12:25:10 AM »

Such a very sad occasion, and undertaken with the utmost grace and dignity.

This picture of the "hedge of protection" is the one that brought me to tears:

Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2020, 02:56:54 AM »

Question for a Norwegian member of the board:  Is there a reason why they lay most of the wreaths flat on the floor in the aisle instead of having them on easel-type stands?  Just curious.  Thank you!

I've seen both - however mostly easel-type stands. In the funerals I have attended, it's been more of an easel style. One can only guess why that wasn't done in this case: maybe it's a symbolic thing for them, perhaps it would have ruined the views for people/TV cameras (there were a lot of flowers) and/or maybe they didn't want all the flowers in the background.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2020, 02:58:47 AM »

Having suffered two suicides in my immediate family all I can say is Maud's words, the whole speech but particularly the emphasis on the sisters' loss of Ari *in their futures* is extremely compelling.   I was also so impressed with the way she phrased her exhortation for depressed people to ask for help; that it's a strength and not weakness.

I really, really, hope that her words will make at least *some* severely depressed people think again before committing that final act.  

I was formerly in the camp of "why televise this funeral, it's too much for his children" but having listened to Maud's words and seen her emotion (which, thanks to film, can be seen/heard in perpetuity) - I am extremely glad it was televised.  She truly rose to the occasion and brought the consequences of suicide into full and painful view.  

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: January 04, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »

Poor Maud,she is the eldest sister but she looks much younger than Leah...So mature and so brave!Her words really touched me.Hvil tide Fred,Ari...I hope you have reached the peace you could not find in life.Only those who have undergone through a severe or chronic depression can fully understand what a hell it is.I have,and can only wish your soul is now at rest.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2020, 10:58:15 AM »

You would think in a case like that that the other royal houses decide together what they are doing - has clearly happened in the Netherlands and Sweden. Okay, Estelle is sick, but Daniel is also a hand-on-dad, so it was a conscious decision to send a royal not from the front of the line but someone ... same in the Netherlands. As Laurentien is the godmother she was a good choice. Jokke and/or Marie would have been the logical choice and they would have been available, but did not go.

Neatly Netherlands and Sweden  sent reps who had "married in" just like Ari  would have been good if Marie had joined them
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2020, 11:41:29 AM »

You would think in a case like that that the other royal houses decide together what they are doing - has clearly happened in the Netherlands and Sweden. Okay, Estelle is sick, but Daniel is also a hand-on-dad, so it was a conscious decision to send a royal not from the front of the line but someone ... same in the Netherlands. As Laurentien is the godmother she was a good choice. Jokke and/or Marie would have been the logical choice and they would have been available, but did not go.

Neatly Netherlands and Sweden  sent reps who had "married in" just like Ari  would have been good if Marie had joined them

Laurentien is the godmother of one of the girls. IMO  it is obvious she would be present, or express her condoleances to the family.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2020, 12:45:14 PM »

A few floral wreaths in church.. The first one is from Victoria and Daniel

Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2020, 12:47:13 PM »

I've seen both - however mostly easel-type stands. In the funerals I have attended, it's been more of an easel style. One can only guess why that wasn't done in this case: maybe it's a symbolic thing for them, perhaps it would have ruined the views for people/TV cameras (there were a lot of flowers) and/or maybe they didn't want all the flowers in the background.

Thank you, Katestolemyname.  I’d noticed they did that also at the Danish funeral of the consort to Marge (his name escapes me at the moment), a year or two ago, and I wondered about it then.  I hadn’t considered there were probably practical reasons (camera angles, the view, and so forth).  Thank you.  
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2020, 12:57:11 PM »

A few floral wreaths in church.. The first one is from Victoria and Daniel

Beautiful and great that they used so much pink.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: January 04, 2020, 04:52:08 PM »

It looks like it was a very beautiful service and send off for a beloved man. The family really seems close and the girls seem supported and loved. Maud is impressive a real first born firebrand personality able to speak out at so young with love and conviction. That everyone remembered pink is very special it is the little details about people that we remember when we care about them. I think the televised funeral was dignified and not exploitative. These are public and semi-public people who understand their role and the attention it gets and they used it to share and educate nice jo. It was very nice for one of the girl's godmothers to attend with a Scandinavian royal. If Estelle broke her leg it is understandable to me that Victoria stay home. What is weird is none of the other girls royal godparents came and none of the Danish royals came.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: