Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ari Behn is dead  (Read 64171 times)
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2020, 05:29:59 PM »

Impressive speech, really heart-breaking. Maud showed a maturity and poise that not many adults have, If Ari is watching his girls from heaven, he must be very proud of them.
gem

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2020, 06:29:11 PM »

Oh I hadn't realised that the girls had royal godparents, that does explain of course why Laurentine was there (I wasn't sure if the Dutch royals were just very close to the Norwegians)

Personally I couldn't imagine not being there if one of my godchildren had to attend their parents funeral, I mean isn't that the sort of thing you have godparents for? Its not like any of them are poor enough they couldn't afford to travel to Norway and no matter their relationship with ML and views on the divorce you would be there for the girls surely.
I remember King Harald attended Prince Friso's funeral. Harald was one of Friso's godfathers
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2020, 06:56:36 PM »

Something i have been wondering about: as a person born in a catholic family I was taught that people who committed suicide could not have a funeral in a church or burried in sacred ground.
Norway is Lutherian, right? How does the Lutherian church stands towards that? Does anybody know?
Is it quite exceptionnal to have had the service in the Oslo cathedral?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2020, 07:17:49 PM »

AfaIk the cause of death does not matter at all in most protestant churches.

Suicide however is not considered a crime.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2020, 07:23:39 PM »

Something i have been wondering about: as a person born in a catholic family I was taught that people who committed suicide could not have a funeral in a church or burried in sacred ground.

Luckily that is Catholizism ages ago ... unless you have a real backward priest. It was the same idea not to bury unchristened children in the graveyard. These days are long gone, because also the church has the mercy now to perceive people who died because of suizide as what they are: harmed souls that suffered silently for a very long time and could not be rescued. 
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2020, 09:42:13 AM »

Norway is Lutherian, right? How does the Lutherian church stands towards that? Does anybody know?
Is it quite exceptionnal to have had the service in the Oslo cathedral?

I think christian churches got over that quite some decades ago - they realised that those who took their own lives were desperately troubled souls who needed the care of the church as did the surviving families.  For a while there was some stigma and I suspect, problems with insurance policies so deaths may have been listed as "accidental" for all sorts of reasons.
Professions like medicine can have high numbers of suicides -  when I was a child, my doctor  killed himself  - the medical journal that prints obituaries in the UK encourages the cause of death to be included and in doing so may help others to be open about their feelings.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: January 06, 2020, 01:20:55 PM »

In greek-orthodox church there is a special psalm/prayer that the priest says in order for the dead to be burried normally but I don't know how long this is happening, at least a decay but bedore that I don't know.

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2020, 02:13:08 PM »

Most denominations realized, that in the end, it's about comfort and caring for the families of the deceased. It's about compassion for the living. What happens after death we leave up to God.

Around here the words 'died suddenly at home' in the obituary usually means suicide.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: January 06, 2020, 02:20:53 PM »

Most denominations realized, that in the end, it's about comfort and caring for the families of the deceased. It's about compassion for the living. What happens after death we leave up to God.

Around here the words 'died suddenly at home' in the obituary usually means suicide.

Oh that is awful... my father died in that way but of a heart attack at 62 ... I would not want to think there are judgements for any family to deal with
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: January 06, 2020, 02:25:42 PM »

Suicides are not reported in the media in Spain, especially since the 2008 financial crisis. It is said that the toll is over 3,000 a year. And yes, people are found dead for reasons unknown or undetermined.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2020, 02:27:34 PM »

Oh that is awful... my father died in that way but of a heart attack at 62 ... I would not want to think there are judgements for any family to deal with

They would have listed your father as died at home of a heart attack. My example is a euphemism of comfort for the families. Suicide is a very stark word, and like it or not, some people will still blame the survivors. The ones you usually know for sure are child and teen suicides due to bullying.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 02:34:15 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2020, 03:31:43 PM »

They would have listed your father as died at home of a heart attack. My example is a euphemism of comfort for the families. Suicide is a very stark word, and like it or not, some people will still blame the survivors. The ones you usually know for sure are child and teen suicides due to bullying.

We've many train suicides recently. But they don't say it to not attract imitators.

However people are always quick to speculate, when the papers write about technical problems.
bmbutler2

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: January 06, 2020, 04:09:12 PM »

I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong.  Many people who die of a sudden heart attack, stroke or even from a fall and breaking their neck can be "died suddenly at home."  It is actually quite ridiculous to say all people listed as "died suddenly at home" is suicide. 
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: January 06, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »

IPSO have very good guidelines for reporting on suicide in the British press (it's not always followed)

https://www.ipso.co.uk/me...nce-on-reporting-suicide/

As do the Samaritans

https://www.samaritans.or...e-suicide-reporting-tips/

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2020, 04:44:29 PM »

I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong.  Many people who die of a sudden heart attack, stroke or even from a fall and breaking their neck can be "died suddenly at home."  It is actually quite ridiculous to say all people listed as "died suddenly at home" is suicide. 

Never said all. Plus I've got relatives in the funerary business - they have written obits that way, listing no other cause of death.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: