Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ari Behn is dead  (Read 63968 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2020, 09:32:51 PM »

It is a pity the girls had to spend Christmas with their selfish mother and her con/shamman.  Harold and Sofia look gutted, as do MM from Norway, ML looks like she's putting on an act JMO.

I don't think it is fair to blame Maerta Louise, they had split, both had moved on. The man had depression - he had loving parents, a loving girlfriend, loving sibilings and many friends. His disease did not make him see that.

Oslo and Lommedalen are 24km apart, so it is not that they were on a different continent. I think there was some agreement, that the girls would go to mass with the grandparents in the morning, maybe have Christmas dinner and see him either later or the next day. A lot of divorced parents have an agreement like that. And as you could see today, there was so much warm and sympathy still there ... The king -despite being regal- gave off very very caring father's and grandfather's vibes - the photo where he hugs ML is heartbreaking.

Consindering Ari was the ex-son-in-law and at times his art and also his actions were very republican there was clearly so much warmth and real feelings there for him as a person. Harald could not have had more understanding for his situation and he worded it so nicely in this speech.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2020, 09:35:48 PM »

Did Ari's "girlfriend" attend the funeral?
The whole ceremony looked like they had never divorced... while reality is somewhat different and it's a pity that the girls hadn't met their father for two weeks before Christmas and they spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with the "shaman" instead of their father...

I hope it's a wake-up call for Martha L., it's time to grow up at the age of 48.

Maud Angelica seems to be a very talented and strong-minded girl, on the basis of her mimicry she could be a great actress as well.

I can only hope Ari could feel the love and loss today....their faces, just tears you up.  Why wasn't Victoria there?  I understand the Denmark cousins are having their NY kurs, but I find it sad the entire families didn't turn out to support the family.   

It is a pity the girls had to spend Christmas with their selfish mother and her con/shamman.  Harold and Sofia look gutted, as do MM from Norway, ML looks like she's putting on an act JMO.

I have no hope she'll ever grow up and care about anyone but herself.  She's spent the last 48 years being coddled and spoiled, she'll not grow up now.  Her girls are old enough to be figuring their mother out, when they do, it won't be pretty.  IMO they should live with their grandparents (either set) or anyone but her and the con/shamman.  It's not like she's home much, what with travelling the world shilling for a conman.  I really expected to see him, ML is such a brat, I  figured she'd pitch a fit and everyone would give in like they always do.

The oldest girl has a look, it's not shock like the other girls, more of a determined, arms crossed,  I've seen what's before my eyes and I'm not going to pretend. (I know they're just pictures and I shouldn't read anything but she looks very grown up all of a sudden) 

My heart can barely stand to see this open grief.  I really wish it could have been private.  In the future, no matter how old the girls are when they come up on these, they'll feel the grief in full all over again.  Cry

The Christmas gift she couldn't give him  just rips your soul.

Vic didn't attend, because Estelle broke her leg while skiing in the Alps.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2020, 09:36:42 PM »

A lovely service, I don't think it was too much about ML or the RF. I admire Maud for being able to speak so well, I couldn't imagine doing so at that age after such a tragic death.

I really do admire how compassionate the NRF are, Harald and Sonja especially. Seeing the King and Queen embrace Ari's family so easily and naturally was touching. It could have been so awkward for them all being at the funeral of an ex but they all did so well and so natural it seemed really alright.

I'm not ML's biggest fan, especially of late, but I do think she acted well today, she supported her daughters but let them take centre stage.

Victoria wasn't there, apparently Estelle has broken her leg skiing. TBH we only had one report from Royal Central (hardly the best source IMO) that she was ever going so whether the reason is the ski accident or not who knows.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: January 03, 2020, 09:38:53 PM »

It is a pity the girls had to spend Christmas with their selfish mother and her con/shamman.  Harold and Sofia look gutted, as do MM from Norway, ML looks like she's putting on an act JMO.

I don't think it is fair to blame Maerta Louise, they had split, both had moved on. The man had depression - he had loving parents, a loving girlfriend, loving sibilings and many friends. His disease did not make him see that.

Oslo and Lommedalen are 24km apart, so it is not that they were on a different continent. I think there was some agreement, that the girls would go to mass with the grandparents in the morning, maybe have Christmas dinner and see him either later or the next day. A lot of divorced parents have an agreement like that. And as you could see today, there was so much warm and sympathy still there ... The king -despite being regal- gave off very very caring father's and grandfather's vibes - the photo where he hugs ML is heartbreaking.

Consindering Ari was the ex-son-in-law and at times his art and also his actions were very republican there was clearly so much warmth and real feelings there for him as a person. Harald could not have had more understanding for his situation and he worded it so nicely in this speech.

Indeed, it's nobody's fault. Depression is was it is, a horrible disease.

ML seemed positively devasted.
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: January 03, 2020, 09:40:39 PM »

Martha recently released a statement. It's shared by most Norwegian newspapers by now.

Basically, she's saying she misses him deeply, the daughters will miss him, he was an amazing dad, and she also thanked him for their time together. (Short summary).

I think it's dignified of her to let the funeral take place and his family share their words before giving her own statement.

Www.vg.no (top story right now) for those who wants to read the entire statement.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:46:26 PM by Katestolemyname » Logged
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: January 03, 2020, 09:42:44 PM »

Heard the church bells ring for Ari while I was in the city center today. I didn't know him personally, but I work within the media, so many of my friends did, and there's no doubt in my mind that he must have been an amazing person!

A fun story from the first time I met Ari: This was back in 2004, I was 16, and my mom and I met him at an airport. My mom told me (I was ahead of her: "Kate, look, it's Ari Behn.) He heard it, looked at us both, waived and said "Hi there." So warm. My mom felt embarassed, but his reaction totally eased that down.

The second time I met him was as a grown up, as a reporter at an event. A few years later, he worked with the same publishing house as I did, so I met him a few times. He always showed the same respect and interest in me, although I was so young back then. Such a confidence boost!

I don't know him in any way, but that "he can make anyone feel seen and special " part, I can totally relate to that.

So so sad that he's gone. I think he carried a depth and a darkness that in the end overwon the light. In that regard, I really love how Marianne, (his mother put it): he walked into the light.

Hopefully he can find his eternal light.

Thank you for the insight. Always nice to hear that. Star
Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: January 03, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »

I skimmed through this a bit but honestly it just makes me extremely uncomfortable gawking at these young grieving children. I think much more of this should have been camera free. Just my opinion. Itís a very sad situation for these girls and I hope they get the support and love they are going to need for many years to come.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: January 03, 2020, 09:45:42 PM »

Victoria wasn't there, apparently Estelle has broken her leg skiing. TBH we only had one report from Royal Central (hardly the best source IMO) that she was ever going so whether the reason is the ski accident or not who knows.

Protocoll wise it was a difficult funeral as it was the ex-husband of the rather controversial "spare" and it should be all about Ari. Any more royals there would have taken the focus of the funeral. It had to focus on Ari. Sending Daniel was a "very good way out" IMO, the Dutch did the same by sending Princess Laurentien (who is also the Godmother of one of the girls). The Danes could have send someone, too, but at the moment there is something rotten in the state of Denmark with everyone moving to foreign countries and Marge and Frodo are "alone at home".  
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: January 03, 2020, 09:48:21 PM »

I skimmed through this a bit but honestly it just makes me extremely uncomfortable gawking at these young grieving children. I think much more of this should have been camera free. Just my opinion. Itís a very sad situation for these girls and I hope they get the support and love they are going to need for many years to come.

ITA.

IMO the whole funeral should've been camera free.
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: January 03, 2020, 09:56:32 PM »

I skimmed through this a bit but honestly it just makes me extremely uncomfortable gawking at these young grieving children. I think much more of this should have been camera free. Just my opinion. It’s a very sad situation for these girls and I hope they get the support and love they are going to need for many years to come.

ITA.

I agree, but from what I've read in the media, mainly comments from his close friends, it seems like the funeral was planned the way Ari wanted to be portrayed.

I'm by no means a fan of ML, however I feel that the way Ari's family decided to be open since the beginning, was in his light, and it also helped the public. As many editors have commented today: "Maud's speech may have saved lives." Ari's death touched people. I've met quite a few people since Christmas day, and everyone has commented on the sad news.

The past few years, Ari has shared a lot in interviews, through his art, and in TV shows. He was still colourful, different even- but people started seeing a different side of him. He meant more to so many than the public and himself ever knew.

Considering a public funeral with TV channels present is out of the ordinary, even within the NRF, I believe that Ari as a person and the way things panned out, made it natural to invite the public. I feel certain that the girls were asked to weigh in on this opinion too. Add to it: they blocked the press from photographing the girls when they entered the church, and there are no photos of them inside.

Obviously, I don't know the girls or his family, but everything I've heard over the years, make me feel that sharing is natural to them. I really believe that Maud added the "everyone deserve to be loved, please get help "- part, because hopefully more awareness can save lives.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:01:36 PM by Katestolemyname » Logged
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2020, 09:56:58 PM »

Laurentein looks gutted.
Love the pink on the girls.
The whole think was sad and I cried for sure.
ML as I said before stood in as the Ďwifeí role for her daughterís sake and I hope she doesnít make it herself and about the girls from now on.
This was a bit of a messy situation and it is what it is and they did what the girls wanted Iím sure.
Beautiful ceremony and the love was palpable.
The middle daughter I think or oldest? looks a lot like IA.
Queenís Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2020, 09:59:10 PM »

I think that they probably televised it due to the outpouring of support coming in from  around the world.  Personally, I see nothing wrong with it.  The girls are used to public events and being semi-public figures in the sense that their close relatives are royals.  I thought it was a lovely, touching service that ultimately will help the girls, not hurt them.  The fact that the one daughter spoke tells me she was not put off by the cameras.  But thatís of course, just my opinion and I can certainly see both sides of the issue.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2020, 10:02:34 PM »

ITA.

I don't know. It brings accessibility. The priest at my husband's funeral refused to allow cameras, but I would have liked a video of it to remember the words said and to have a bookend to our marriage, which was videotaped. My kids (now teens) would have liked to see it, too, since they don't remember much about that day, being only 7 and not-quite-3 at the time. When a friend sent me pictures of the burial a few years later, I was happy to have those.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2020, 10:07:11 PM »

ITA.

I don't know. It brings accessibility. The priest at my husband's funeral refused to allow cameras, but I would have liked a video of it to remember the words said and to have a bookend to our marriage, which was videotaped. My kids (now teens) would have liked to see it, too, since they don't remember much about that day, being only 7 and not-quite-3 at the time. When a friend sent me pictures of the burial a few years later, I was happy to have those.

I think people grieve very differently. It was incredible brave of Maud to say what she said and that very intimate moment was broadcasted and put a lot of focus on the NRF and on her. I am sure they talked about it to the girls and it was difficult for them to decide how it should be done. I found Maud reaching out to other depressed people very helpful. His mom using the "euphesism" he "went into the light" might help her, but might trigger some other people who suffer depression portraying death as something positive - opposed to the sorrow depressed people leave behind. IMO Maud and the King really captured the effects very well.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2020, 10:09:01 PM »

In her speech, Maud encouraged others who are suffering to reach out and ask for help

I just want to say to anyone who has gone through mental illness, that there is always a way out. Even though it doesn't feel that way. There are people out there who can help. Everyone deserves love and joy. To ask for help is never a weakness, but strength

And so wel said!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: