Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ari Behn is dead  (Read 52002 times)
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2020, 04:53:30 PM »

Most denominations realized, that in the end, it's about comfort and caring for the families of the deceased. It's about compassion for the living. What happens after death we leave up to God.

Around here the words 'died suddenly at home' in the obituary usually means suicide.

Oh that is awful... my father died in that way but of a heart attack at 62 ... I would not want to think there are judgements for any family to deal with

They would have listed your father as died at home of a heart attack. My example is a euphemism of comfort for the families. Suicide is a very stark word, and like it or not, some people will still blame the survivors. The ones you usually know for sure are child and teen suicides due to bullying.

We've many train suicides recently. But they don't say it to not attract imitators.

However people are always quick to speculate, when the papers write about technical problems.
The same here.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2020, 05:29:52 PM »

The older generation in the Netherlands in particular is still looking carefully at death advertisements (for example in the newspaper). Among others my own parents. Through them I have "learned" to extract the circumstances of a death in most cases from the text that may or may not be present.

In the case of suicide you often see something like "... chosen by yourself ..."

Apparently there is also an increase in suspected trainsuicide in the Netherlands (off course in some cases it still can be a sad accident). There was even a story that the main railway company (NS) wants to stop the description 'Collision with a person' (in case of delay and such), supposedly to avoid inspiration for others.

In the Netherlands several mental institutes are near a railway track, and some railway routes are know for the relatively large occurance of suspected train suicides.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:36:16 PM by Principessa » Logged
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2020, 05:22:41 AM »

If anyone is interested, here's a video of Maud's speech with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqeK-TSH5ts

Thank you so much for that link, Lady Adelaide  Star

A beautiful, heartfelt and profound eulogy.  Cry
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »

Ari's parents talked about their son's death in an interview with Se og HÝr.

https://www.seher.no/kjen...407-1218361835.1578978407

Ari was to celebrate Christmas with the royal family, but canceled only days before to be with his parents instead. He never showed up. It was his father Olav who found him.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2020, 04:44:58 PM »

So heartbreaking Sad

Poor dad!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2020, 04:47:28 PM »

Ari was to celebrate Christmas with the royal family, but canceled only days before to be with his parents instead. He never showed up. It was his father Olav who found him.

Oh my  Cry
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2020, 04:48:00 PM »

That must've been scary.

Imagine, if one of the girls had found him. Nerves
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2020, 04:48:32 PM »

We can thank God that did not happen. A parent finding their child is bad enough.

I'm glad they are being open about this. It could help lots of people.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2020, 05:01:07 PM »

That must've been scary.

Many years ago a father of a former classmate of mine commited suicide (battled depression for a long time). According to the story he hanged himself near the garage/shed of the neighbours. It was horrible, but we were especially concerned about the ones who would have found him.

Lady Liebe

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2020, 05:11:20 PM »

Ari's parents talked about their son's death in an interview with Se og Hør.

That must've been scary.

Many years ago a father of a former classmate of mine commited suicide (battled depression for a long time). According to the story he hanged himself near the garage/shed of the neighbours. It was horrible, but we were especially concerned about the ones who would have found him.

We have a friend whose father called him and asked him to come over. He heard the shot as he got out of his car.

It's a really nasty thing to do to your child.

Do what you can, where you are, with what youíve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2020, 05:22:49 PM »

That must've been scary.

We have a friend whose father called him and asked him to come over. He heard the shot as he got out of his car.

That is horrible!!

Over time we have thought a lot about it (events in vicinity, own problems etc) but there seems to be almost no option of suicide without causing other people harm. I mean in case of the people who find the victim, witness the suicide or are even part of it (f.e. train drivers). A former Chinese colleague of mine, who worked in NL, was surprised about how many people seem to commit suicide in NL by throwing themself in front of a train. He told us that in his experience in China many people dissapear in the forrest and related, with little chance being found.

Many years ago the thought of others stopped me in my tracks. Fortunately afterwards I never came that far anymore.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2020, 06:16:45 PM »

OT: When I was 13 one of my classmates went home (really proudly because she won an important school competition that day) to find her mom hanged in the bedroom. She never got over it .... There are so many sad stories ...
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2020, 07:12:24 PM »

His poor parents. Poor Ari. This is heartbreaking. Horrible.

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2020, 07:38:59 PM »

That must've been scary.

My father was a divorce attorney and he had several clients do this - but never to children. It was always to ex spouses.  I always thought that was nasty, but I have come to realize that these people are truly sick. 

And yes, it is very hard on the survivors, especially parents and children.  Poor Olav.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »

OT: When I was 13 one of my classmates went home (really proudly because she won an important school competition that day) to find her mom hanged in the bedroom. She never got over it .... There are so many sad stories ...

That's horrible. The poor child.

I saw a documentary once, where they talked about child suicide. One of the stories was by a mother, who said that her daughter (at this time around 13) called her at work and asked her how the mixer worked. Naturally she didn't think much of it at the time. When she got home later on, she found her daughter dead. She had mixed herself a deathly cocktail.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: