Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal / Noble imposters  (Read 9121 times)
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »

This one came from my reading of The White Queen, and the recent discovery of Richard III's remains...... I would love to know if Perkin Walbeck really was the Duke of York (the younger of the Princes in the Tower).... He was fairly convincing in his claim, and many supported his claim..... With DNA testing it would be fairly easy, if his remains were known.  Could also solve the riddle of whether the remains found in the Tower grounds in the 1600s were in fact one or both Princes.

Old riddles finally solved
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 01:26:47 PM »

I was wondering about Kaspar Hauser.

"..Kaspar Hauser (30 April 1812 (?) ? 17 December 1833) was a German youth who claimed to have grown up in the total isolation of a darkened cell. Hauser's claims, and his subsequent death by stabbing, sparked much debate and controversy. Theories propounded at the time linked him with the grand ducal House of Baden. These have long since been rejected by historians..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspar_Hauser
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 03:26:50 AM »

Charles-Guillaume Naundorff claimed to be King Louis XVII of France. He was a clockmaker from Germany.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 12:00:14 AM »

Ceclava Czapska who claimed to be the Grand Duchess Marie married Prince Nicolas Dolgoruky in Romania. Nicolas was the son of General Alexander Dolgoruky. How did Nicolas get the title of Prince?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 12:07:50 AM »

Ceclava Czapska who claimed to be the Grand Duchess Marie married Prince Nicolas Dolgoruky in Romania. Nicolas was the son of General Alexander Dolgoruky. How did Nicolas get the title of Prince?

The Dolgorukys were one of the most famous noble families in Russia and there were Princes and Princesses by birth.

Alexander II. wife was Ekaterina Mikhailovna Dolgorukaya, which by the way means long (dolgo in sense of time, like I was waiting dolgo...I waited long), hand (ruka).

y/aya is a noble prefix like Princess of XY (the last Empress was Aliks Gessen-Darmshtadtskaya by birth)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:22:27 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 11:00:37 PM »

Reverend Eleazar Williams, a Mohawk-born Protestant missionary, was suppose to be King Louis XVII.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2020, 09:13:16 PM »

In 1773 a former soldier named Yemelyan Pugachev took on the identity of the former Tsar Peter III of Russia.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2021, 02:11:35 AM »

The generic name False Dmitry refers to various imposters, who claimed the Russian throne during the Time of Troubles (1598-1613) who passed themselves off as Tsarevich Dmitry Ivanovich of Russia. He was the youngest son of Ivan the Terrible. The real Dmitry was eight when he died in 1591.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2021, 10:30:27 AM »

Alex Ceslaw Maurice Jean Brimeyer (4 May 1946 27 January 1995) was a pretender who claimed connection to various European thrones. He used fraudulent combined titles like Prince d'Anjou Durazzo Durassow Romanoff Dolgorouki de Bourbon-Conde. He also sold false titles of nobility through "orders" he and his associates had created.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Brimeyer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: