Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DRF 2020 Nytarstaffel/Kur ~ New Year's Reception  (Read 25023 times)
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »

Did Fred even receive or absorb royal training? Itís not much evident.

Agree, Fairy, Mary looked great on all the days.

Marieís dress was a satin hot mess.

Fred should have been allowed to marry Katia. This always marrying a foreigner rule (is it a law?) seems misguided. I hope their kids can marry Danes if they want. I do think in Fredís case a Danish woman would have been a better choice.

I too agree with Fairy and Paulina: Princess Mary looks very nice. Also I see some genuinely happy pictures of her and Frederik.

I have lurked for many years and am aware that Mary is not popular but for me Marie is the 'smug' one. I see something very 'Stepford' and 'clingy' and her husband looks to be the type to enjoy that. Here she seems to be trying to look much younger than her age.

My opinion will not be a popular one I know so maybe my first post is also my last........ Sad

Welcome to the Not-fans-of-Marie club! I also find her smug and snobbish, and the video of her trying to constantly grab Joachimís hand for photos really ground my gears! If that was Mary, weíd be all over it, how desperate she is!

I can acknowledge Marieís good points, she has done a great job blending their family, and I love the way she makes sure Alex is always involved, and front and centre when it comes to her boys, but there is just something about her I canít warm to.

Also not a huge Mosh fan, but can give credit where itís due.
Youíve expressed my own option on Marie perfectly.

Idonít mind Mary, I donít see her being that different to the others who married in at the same time and who are trying to cling to the last of their youth in the way they dress, their makeup and even their surgical help, usually not very successfully.
I do respect all of your opinions,but I must confess I like Marie much more than Mary...I am not a monarchist,but I do believe Marie does a better job than Mary.JMO.Happy New Year to you all!!
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2020, 11:10:01 AM »

Me too. Marie is everything Mary isnít: polished, considerate, good-looking, warm, engaged and fun to be around.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2020, 11:22:49 AM »

Oh dear! Well, she probably does think sheís doing all the work, which could be quite true. Fred so often looks like heís been on a weeklong bender.

Mary knows that, were it not for Frodo, she'd be the wife of the Regional VP of Sales - Southern Division.  Gorl is going to work to keep that title.

Yeah but you can say the same about all of them..

Of course some of this it O/T but not all of it and is presented as a perspective on married ins

Dan would still be running his gym ...
Leti would have long been retired as the "girl newsreader" - not fresh faced enough especially without all the resources she has now and just too old for TV
Max would probably be a finance exec somewhere .... if Wax was just another pasty faced Euro (my brother lived in the Euro zone for a loooong time and that is his description and not mine - apologies to those that think that is too harsh re Wax or anyone there) she would not have gone on a second date
I think Mrs Belgium would be still happy with her husband irrespective of his status - that seems the best match
AS for the Lux  ..... MT won the gold lottery with mega jewels attached .... hmmmmm - nope - that family can't seem to get out of bed - I have that problem but it is a frozen shoulder and other autoimmune issues .... I just see a Lux deer in any headlights summer or winter
Gui of Lux - as any Oz dishers would know - "poor possum" - that is not going to translate in any sense unless you are aware of Dame Edna - but I'm sure Margaret can help ... same for Steph
Mary ..... you are either a fan - not many here - or on the fence - a few more - or really just check in to see what she wears - much the same for those in other places - ie UK for instance. I'm on the fence - good relationship Huh? Hmmm. Fred is hardly "royal ready"
Marie - Seems some divergence of opinion in the last few days - all entitled to their thoughts ... her husband .... he presents a better public face than his brother but being a farmer was not for him or living in Copenhagen and now onto his next engagement ... the whole family has issues
UK Royals - not enough space or time ... Sophie and Ed seem to have an accommodation that works, as do Anne and husband. The Wales family ...... the older brother seems to have better PR and a wife that waited too long to go anywhere. The younger is a train wreck ....

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:33:11 AM by Princess MS » Logged
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »

Oh dear! Well, she probably does think she’s doing all the work, which could be quite true. Fred so often looks like he’s been on a weeklong bender.

Mary knows that, were it not for Frodo, she'd be the wife of the Regional VP of Sales - Southern Division.  Gorl is going to work to keep that title.

Of course some of this it O/T but not all of it and is presented as a perspective on married ins

Leti would have long been retired as the "girl newsreader" - not fresh faced enough especially without all the resources she has now and just too old for TV
Max would probably be a finance exec somewhere .... if Wax was just another pasty faced Euro (my brother lived in the Euro zone for a loooong time and that is his description and not mine - apologies to those that think that is too harsh re Wax or anyone there) she would not have gone on a second date
I think Mrs Belgium would be still happy with her husband irrespective of his status - that seems the best match
AS for the Lux  ..... MT won the gold lottery with mega jewels attached .... hmmmmm - nope - that family can't seem to get out of bed - I have that problem but it is a frozen shoulder and other autoimmune issues .... I just see a Lux deer in any headlights summer or winter
Gui of Lux - as any Oz dishers would know - "poor possum" - that is not going to translate in any sense unless you are aware of Dame Edna - but I'm sure Margaret can help ... same for Steph
Mary ..... you are either a fan - not many here - or on the fence - a few more - or really just check in to see what she wears - much the same for those in other places - ie UK for instance. I'm on the fence - good relationship Huh? Hmmm. Fred is hardly "royal ready"
Marie - Seems some divergence of opinion in the last few days - all entitled to their thoughts ... her husband .... he presents a better public face than his brother but being a farmer was not for him or living in Copenhagen and now onto his next engagement ... the whole family has issues
UK Royals - not enough space or time ... Sophie and Ed seem to have an accommodation that works, as do Anne and husband. The Wales family ...... the older brother seems to have better PR and a wife that waited too long to go anywhere. The younger is a train wreck ....

Leti was a journalist, 40s is prime time for a TV journalist in Spain. Her colleagues and friends of similar age as her are still big names on TV. Some have their own programs.
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »

Oh dear! Well, she probably does think sheís doing all the work, which could be quite true. Fred so often looks like heís been on a weeklong bender.

Mary knows that, were it not for Frodo, she'd be the wife of the Regional VP of Sales - Southern Division.  Gorl is going to work to keep that title.

AS for the Lux  ..... MT won the gold lottery with mega jewels attached .... hmmmmm - nope - that family can't seem to get out of bed - I have that problem but it is a frozen shoulder and other autoimmune issues .... I just see a Lux deer in any headlights summer or winter

Oh,your description is glooorious!!!that reference to Dame Edna & her 'poor possum'!!! Oh,yes!!! Laugh bounce Star Champagne
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2020, 11:44:46 AM »

Leti was a journalist, 40s is prime time for a TV journalist in Spain. Her colleagues and friends of similar age as her are still big names on TV. Some have their own programs.

Yes but she is 47 now and without the "work" she might not be so "camera ready" ... and without the profile she has her "time" might have passed years ago ..... but i don't doubt her talent back in the day
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2020, 11:47:56 AM »

Yes but she is 47 now and without the "work" she might not be so "camera ready" ... and without the profile she has her "time" might have passed years ago ..... but i don't doubt her talent back in the day

News anchors are making enough money to have 'work' done, I believe most of them did have work done just like all those royal consorts. Plus news anchors don't have to look particularly young and pretty, 'presentable' is enough.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »

Oh,your description is glooorious!!!that reference to Dame Edna & her 'poor possum'!!! Oh,yes!!! Laugh bounce Star Champagne

that is not something that can be easily  . . . . explained or translated or whatever  . . . but it just came to mind ... if you were not already acquainted with Edna then I'm sure she is suitably impressed that you are now  Beer
BubbaGumpShrimp
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2020, 12:51:01 PM »

Is there a club for people who dislike both the DRF M's? I remember when Alexandra showed up and she was such an exotic bird of paradise in a grey box, learning Danish faster than the shake of a lamb's tail. I even remember thinking that it would never last, because she's too intelligent and he's too much of a stooge. Mares tried her best to be a princess but her direct competition was Alex, and if you know you can never beat the competition, you just stop trying. I think that's why she never learned Danish well. And Marie is a pretty second wife who got the gig through being a sexy version of Mares. Same smug, different mug.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2020, 04:59:23 PM »

Well I read that Joachim met Marie through a Danish mutual friend so even if it was a set up at least Marie didn't chase Joachim like Mary did Fred like a dog in heat except not even for him but for his title and money. Marie is discrete and has self-respect. Mary is a narcissist who fills a void with superficial interests. Marie learned Danish better and has a very happy relationship with her husband's ex wife and children. Mary is threatened by everyone. We don't have to choose but I'll be on Team Marie for sure.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2020, 05:37:38 PM »

I'll give Mary her due: she's more concerned with doing her job (or being seen to do her job) than her husband is.  Maybe she's just pleased to be seen, but at least she's turning up to events.  I'm sure her Danish could be improved, and certainly she should be trying to improve it as much as possible, but some people just aren't language people.  I don't think as little of her as some here, and some of the criticism gets a little too personal for me, but mostly I just see someone who strikes me as being rather brittle and overly-conscious of attention.

For me, the difference between Mary and Marie lies in this hypothetical scenario: what if the Danish monarchy were abolished and they were relegated to a normal, middle-class life/house/budget?  To me, Marie would adjust to this and live with this far better - she's all about cutting waste already, doesn't spend highly on clothes and doesn't seem to need the status in the same way, as seen by their year in France.  Mary?  It would kill her.  No attention, stuck with her husband and children and cutting back on her status symbols of designer clothing etc.

It doesn't mean that Marie doesn't have her smug moments, or take pleasure in the perks.  It just means those perks aren't the be-all-and-end-all as they are for Mary.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2020, 06:14:19 PM »

Is there a club for people who dislike both the DRF M's? I remember when Alexandra showed up and she was such an exotic bird of paradise in a grey box, learning Danish faster than the shake of a lamb's tail. I even remember thinking that it would never last, because she's too intelligent and he's too much of a stooge. Mares tried her best to be a princess but her direct competition was Alex, and if you know you can never beat the competition, you just stop trying. I think that's why she never learned Danish well. And Marie is a pretty second wife who got the gig through being a sexy version of Mares. Same smug, different mug.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but this really made me laugh  Star
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2020, 07:33:10 PM »

I follow the family because they are bizarre, not because I like them ... if that was a soap it would be brilliant:

(a) there is the Queen who think she is an artist ... well ... art lies in the eye of the viewer
(b) there was Henry who somehow never left the teenage years and never got over the fact his wife was Queen and he was not king. He         
    also never got over the fact that he had to speak Danish in Denmark. What a pain.
(c) then there is prince Frodo the hibernator. Can't spend two minutes to shave after he rolls out of bed to do an offical function what
     happens about three times a year. Always looks exhausted and makes people wonder ... what do you do the 360 days a year you remain
     unseen?
(d) Princess "I keep pretending" - ambitious and just carrying on ... pretending that her husband is great, pretends that she likes her m-i-l,
     pretends to speak Danish, pretends she has a great relationship with her dad and stepmom, pretends ... All that pretending makes her
     seem like a fake person, but probably should be admired that she somehow keeps the show going and on the road
(e) Prince Jokke ... whose best skill is to pick beautiful and interesting women. He works which makes other people happy because they don't
     see his brother that often, so at least someone is moving in the DRF. Failed farmer, sick of being the spare and no longer needed in a
     couple of years when his brothers numerous kids start working (hopefully) and supporting their mom who always seems like the eager
     student in class who never got As while the Danish public has forgotten they once had a king and the children a father
(f) Marie ... the nice one. Seems nice, classy and a bit uppish. About to kidnap her husband to live in France - and does that so charmingly
     that nobody notices.

lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2020, 07:45:00 PM »

I follow the family because they are bizarre, not because I like them ... if that was a soap it would be brilliant:

(a) there is the Queen who think she is an artist ... well ... art lies in the eye of the viewer
(b) there was Henry who somehow never left the teenage years and never got over the fact his wife was Queen and he was not king. He         
    also never got over the fact that he had to speak Danish in Denmark. What a pain.
(c) then there is prince Frodo the hibernator. Can't spend two minutes to shave after he rolls out of bed to do an offical function what
     happens about three times a year. Always looks exhausted and makes people wonder ... what do you do the 360 days a year you remain
     unseen?
(d) Princess "I keep pretending" - ambitious and just carrying on ... pretending that her husband is great, pretends that she likes her m-i-l,
     pretends to speak Danish, pretends she has a great relationship with her dad and stepmom, pretends ... All that pretending makes her
     seem like a fake person, but probably should be admired that she somehow keeps the show going and on the road
(e) Prince Jokke ... whose best skill is to pick beautiful and interesting women. He works which makes other people happy because they don't
     see his brother that often, so at least someone is moving in the DRF. Failed farmer, sick of being the spare and no longer needed in a
     couple of years when his brothers numerous kids start working (hopefully) and supporting their mom who always seems like the eager
     student in class who never got As while the Danish public has forgotten they once had a king and the children a father
(f) Marie ... the nice one. Seems nice, classy and a bit uppish. About to kidnap her husband to live in France - and does that so charmingly
     that nobody notices.

Star

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2020, 08:44:56 PM »

Me too. Marie is everything Mary isnít: polished, considerate, good-looking, warm, engaged and fun to be around.

I totally agree  Star

In reality I could care less about any of them, but...

I respect Joachim for following his heart, and marrying a women who gave him two beautiful sons. That he and Alex worked hard on their post marriage relationship for the benefit of the boys. That he understands the role perfect that he was born in, and behaves accordingly. That he despite the flag he gets from Danish people and the press turned out to be a decent human being.

Marie is the best thing that could have happened to the DRF. She too understood the family perfectly she married into. She never disrespected the institution, her family never embarrassed or disrespected the Danish people or the institution. She adjusted to life in Denmark with lightning speed, learned the language in a flash, almost as fast as Alex. Supported Joachim and Alex' relationship, and loves her bonus sons just as much as her own. Trusts Alex to take her children to different events. And formed a loving and warm releationship Henrik senior.

Derf to me is a big, spoiled, arrogant child, who gladly reaps the benefits of a position he never wanted. He has a weak character, complains about a situation that he could easily change, but has not the courage to do. He was not faithful to Mary before and after the marriage, still wouldn't be if he had the chance to. He happily gave up his royal responsibility to a women who has little knowledge of what royal decorum is. He's just a rich, unimpressive drunkard.

Mary is a cheat, a liar, and a imposter. She came from a normal family, and in stead of adjusting to a thousand year old monarchy, she was hellbend on modernizing it. She had plenty of supportive and caring people in her new home - Denmark - yet she is still complaining how lonely she was, and how much she missed to be home. Declared publicly in an interview that she would never tolerate infidelity (why?), yet she was the one cheating with Fred on his then girlfriend. Despite the best tutors Denmark has to offer, she is still does not have a handle on the Danish language, after how long, 16 years now. She works a lot, but I don't believe that the patronages mean so much to her, but because loves exposure, and uses her role as a runway - which she lied about as well, saying she is shy in front of cameras, and doesn't like to be the center of attention, or something like that. She is what a Stepford wife looks like, and she made her bed...now she has to lie in it. So she needs to STFU and stop complaining.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: