Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia - News & Events 2020  (Read 56460 times)
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: December 26, 2020, 04:40:10 PM »

It’s a tea-towel... And braid your ponytail, girl  Nerves

Also hairnet!

I really hope someone didn't discover a hair in their meal!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: December 26, 2020, 05:23:04 PM »

I know everyone doesn’t like her but at the risk of getting voted off the island I actually appreciate her volunteering at the hospital. Lord knows we’re at a time in my hospital with Covid that any extra pair of hands is a good thing. She’s been at it for months, no clue how many days/hours, but this I can give credit for and appreciate. Changing beds, delivering food, or just getting a patient some water is part of actual patient care and helpful. 
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2020, 05:27:27 PM »

I know everyone doesn’t like her but at the risk of getting voted off the island I actually appreciate her volunteering at the hospital. Lord knows we’re at a time in my hospital with Covid that any extra pair of hands is a good thing. She’s been at it for months, no clue how many days/hours, but this I can give credit for and appreciate. Changing beds, delivering food, or just getting a patient some water is part of actual patient care and helpful. 

I feel the same. And, it wasn't a glamorous "job" she could've taken.

SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2020, 05:54:40 PM »

I agree, it was a very nice and helpful thing for her to do. And I think the documentary helped us all understand what her role exactly was, and I got the impression that she did genuinely want to play her part and help, as there were no awkward interactions that suggested "this was for the cameras" and that at other times she is tucked away in an office.

Two things did bug me: the first was her smugness, but I've accepted that that just goes with St Hoefia. The second was her hair dangling down and the tea towel on her shoulder. Her hair was long enough to be gripped back, and really a hairnet, apron and gloves should be won at all times when around preparing or serving food. I have long hair and often find a stray hair in my food after I cook, so I know how easy it is for hair to get in food. I'm surprised her supervisors and/or the film crew did not advise her to wear proper hygienic attire for the documentary. Also the way she touched the metal frame after sanitizing it bugged me. I have a friend who is chronically ill, and when things have been sanitised they absolutely cannot be touched again with bare hands. But I guess it's a different situation in this case.

But, I do commend St Hoefia for volunteering. She didn't have to and as hrhpita says, it is not a glamorous role either. I still dont see how her volunteering merits being awarded with "Corona Hero of the Year" or whatever she won, as thousands upon thousands of others are doing the same with little/no recognition or reward.
cecile

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: December 26, 2020, 06:07:02 PM »

I appreciate that she helped at the hospital but she’s definitely getting to much attention and praise for it. Many people have volunteered doing the pandemic without recognition.
Victoria also volunteered regularly at the food shelter at Stockholm Stadsmission (she also did it before the pandemic) and isn’t melting the cow like St. Hoefia
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2020, 06:13:18 PM »

It's hard to praise her for volunteering when it seems to be only on her terms. This is where anyone who says at least she is volunteering needs to look closer. She is too casual with regard to protocols and her efforts are not focused in one place which means she is not really being terribly effective. That lends to her seeming as if she is only there for a photo shoot. Is she helping with food service and how? Making or packaging food or clean up or distribution because it could be all of it. Is she on housekeeping duty in the rooms? Why is she at a desk because that doesn't go with anything else. I'm not saying she didn't help out but ask the staff who were there after she left was it a bigger mess then or none at all? My superficial view is that she looks terribly ordinary and like a regular worker. I think her styling backfired.
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2020, 05:11:04 PM »

Fantastic that she did this, but she needs a hairnet. If you are going to do a documentary, then you should follow proper hygiene standards.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: