Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Swedish Royal News  (Read 39722 times)
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 03:16:04 AM »

Anne Boleyn, you should  know by now  dishing on other posters on this board is strictly forbidden. It's one of Maria's few really set in stone rules. Many of us have different things going on in our lives that no one else knows about. We  must remember that respect for other's opinions is one of the cornerstones of civilization. That said, I didnt agree to  the things the Granny Slitzerella allowed/encouraged and I have zero respect for her because she did. Nor did I choose that dress. So I have to agree with  KC...she looks like a stuffed sausage. And if she didn't want to look that way in the pictures, perhaps 3 sizes larger or a different style might have been more flattering?

And perhaps I am in the minority, but for 2020 I would like Justice as my first choice. Or Truth. How about Fairness? But maybe that's just me! I have been 'kind' and 'generous' my whole life and discovered recently how badly that had been taken advantage of.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:48:53 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
anneboleyn

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2020, 05:09:12 AM »

Iím sorry if people have taken advantage of your kindness and generosity. I hope you donít let them douse your flame, though. Donít let them win.

The dress isnít my personal taste, but sheís not a celebrity and her physical appearance shouldnít be scrutinized. Sheís just a very average person and didnít ask for it, IMO.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2020, 05:32:45 AM »

Iím sorry if people have taken advantage of your kindness and generosity. I hope you donít let them douse your flame, though. Donít let them win.

The dress isnít my personal taste, but sheís not a celebrity and her physical appearance shouldnít be scrutinized. Sheís just a very average person and didnít ask for it, IMO.

anneboleyn, we all scrutinize peoples' appearances, from our neighbours to celebrities. All karma chameleon made was an observation on how Mrs Hellqvist dressed herself.

There is nothing wrong with Mrs Hellqvist's body but she dressed it inappropriately by wearing a too small dress and no matter who you are, whether you are the local fish wife or the local M'lady, when you dress inappropriately comments will be made by those who see you.
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2020, 10:04:46 AM »

That wasn't the first time she had dressed like a sausage and pretty sure we all went on about the pink sausage look in the thread about that event - was one of the christenings wasn't it? So she was front and center wearing an inappropriately sized gown. Its not like dishing about the outfit of some random guest - Sophia should have advised her mother better. Same with Mary's mother in law - there was one event where she just about flashed everyone.

Dan's family have always dressed appropriately in nice, but not glamorous, well-fitted outfits that allowed them to stand back from the proceedings.

Aside from Snakey's mother's old dress, this year really started off on the wrong foot for the SRF didn't it  Sad Let's hope this is the worst and better days are ahead.
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 10:33:10 AM »

On an unrelated note, that last picture of Snakey's mom squeezed like a sausage into that pink dress hurts my eyes.

What a mean and unnecessary thing to comment. 2020 should be about kindness, lord knows the world needs more of it.
agree
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 10:43:54 AM »

Dan's family have always dressed appropriately in nice, but not glamorous, well-fitted outfits that allowed them to stand back from the proceedings.

Dan's mum is no slimline lady yet always manages to look elegant, nothing tight or too short and definitely very little lace if any
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 11:38:11 AM »

Dan's family is discrete. Dressed appropiate and not putting themselves in the spotlight.
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 12:08:13 PM »

That's true.They are exquisitely discreet people.They look very nice and always stand on a second place.They attend all family events but never steal so to speak the limelights!It is a wonderful family,I really like them!
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 06:25:45 PM »

On an unrelated note, that last picture of Snakey's mom squeezed like a sausage into that pink dress hurts my eyes.

What a mean and unnecessary thing to comment. 2020 should be about kindness, lord knows the world needs more of it.

Sorry but I actually had the same thought as KC.  If you know you will be photographed then you should wear something that fits, especially if you are a little overweight.  And maybe also sit up straight.  And the color is ghastly on her.

And  Star to DoV and LF- I saw your posts late!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:48:15 PM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »

I generally prefer not to dish on the extended family members of married-in royals because they have not chosen to be in the spotlight and don't benefit from the privileges of being royal. It is a bit different if they are famous in their own right/try to be. It would be like if my brother married, say, one of the York girls (to pick a female royals around his age) and people were dishing on me for showing up to my brother's wedding or my niece/nephew's Christening, especially my clothing and styling when I have far less resources than others in attendance. I'd HATE that.

But as a general comment, I believe you can look good at any size provided that you choose clothing that flatters your figure, and any figure can be flattered. Skin tight dresses rarely look good on anyone bigger than a size 2.

Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2020, 09:38:27 PM »

And it's miserably uncomfortable to be in clothing that tight even if you are a size 2.. The entire Hellqvist female contingent seems to think skin tight = sexy = looks good.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2020, 01:13:44 AM »

And it's miserably uncomfortable to be in clothing that tight even if you are a size 2.. The entire Hellqvist female contingent seems to think skin tight = sexy = looks good.

True. I think it makes you look bigger - same as wearing clothing that is much too large.
maria valeria

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2020, 10:02:13 AM »

An innocent question...How do we know Mrs Hellqvist encouraged her daughter's undoubtedly inadequate choices?maybe she disagreed,maybe she disliked them...Why taking for granted that she encouraged or supported her?
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »

An innocent question...How do we know Mrs Hellqvist encouraged her daughter's undoubtedly inadequate choices?maybe she disagreed,maybe she disliked them...Why taking for granted that she encouraged or supported her?
Sofia was underage when she had her 1st nude photoshoot in Thailand, so she needed her parents' signature to travel abroad. She was accompanied by an aunt of hers.

Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2020, 01:01:41 PM »

Estelle has broken her leg because of a skiing accident. Daniel will go alone to Ariís funeral.
UGGGHHH. Sorry to hear about the leg. Even though she will heal quickly at her age, it sucks.

Poor Estelle. I hope for quick healing and that her cast doesn't itch too much.

Now we know why Vik isn't going - quite understandable by all.

If any SRF  staff are reading this, the wooden cuticle pusher known as an orange stick is the perfect thing to scratch the unbearable under the cast itch! Take it from the voice of experience!

Or a knitting needle - longer if the itch is lower down!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: