Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Swedish Royal News  (Read 85114 times)
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2020, 04:23:59 AM »

Yes of course they are nice because she married Vic's brother, believe me I get having to bite that particular bullet. But I would be lying if I said I didn't lose respect for Dan in the way he interacts with her. Can't help it, I used to really like Dan a lot but not as much anymore.

Iím not a fan of the way he interacts with her whatsoever. It was so odd to me at first and still is. It honestly gave me a bad vibe. All I can come up with is that maybe he feels sorry for her? He may know that others donít like her, particularly in their circle, and having been there himself, is being kinder than any other person would be. Thatís all I hope it is, but Iíll bite my tongue until we get any concrete proof on that front.
I don't follow the Swedes closely so pardon my ignorance.  Smiley Does he treat her oddly? Families are complicated and since Carl and Snake have kids together, the family will have to deal with her one way or another the rest of their lives. Why not make the best of it? Even if she's inappropriate, you'd still want your kids to have good relationships with their cousins. I wish I had first cousins, but both of my parents are only children.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: September 28, 2020, 06:04:05 AM »

Yes of course they are nice because she married Vic's brother, believe me I get having to bite that particular bullet. But I would be lying if I said I didn't lose respect for Dan in the way he interacts with her. Can't help it, I used to really like Dan a lot but not as much anymore.

Iím not a fan of the way he interacts with her whatsoever. It was so odd to me at first and still is. It honestly gave me a bad vibe. All I can come up with is that maybe he feels sorry for her? He may know that others donít like her, particularly in their circle, and having been there himself, is being kinder than any other person would be. Thatís all I hope it is, but Iíll bite my tongue until we get any concrete proof on that front.
I don't follow the Swedes closely so pardon my ignorance.  Smiley Does he treat her oddly? Families are complicated and since Carl and Snake have kids together, the family will have to deal with her one way or another the rest of their lives. Why not make the best of it? Even if she's inappropriate, you'd still want your kids to have good relationships with their cousins. I wish I had first cousins, but both of my parents are only children.

Jolene, Dan is a very reserved person on most engagements, calm and quiet. When he's with Hoefia he becomes a 20 yo frat boy in comparison, so much so that it is really disconcerting and hard to watch. Yes we have to play nice with our family but he goes above and beyond IMO.

Tsarina, I think he does feel sorry for her and I also think he has a chip on his shoulder because of the way he's been treated so maybe there is a kind of comradery. Whatever the reason it doesn't reflect well on him in my eyes.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2020, 08:19:48 AM »

Jolene, Dan is a very reserved person on most engagements, calm and quiet. When he's with Hoefia he becomes a 20 yo frat boy in comparison, so much so that it is really disconcerting and hard to watch. Yes we have to play nice with our family but he goes above and beyond IMO.

Tsarina, I think he does feel sorry for her and I also think he has a chip on his shoulder because of the way he's been treated so maybe there is a kind of comradery. Whatever the reason it doesn't reflect well on him in my eyes.

ITA Star

Heís a bit overly friendly for my taste. Iíve seen photos of him standing closer to her than to his own wife Crazy
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2020, 08:52:16 AM »

Considering how Madeleine is treated, partly because of Sofia I feel being decidedly friendly towards Sofia shows a lack of understanding and sensibility.

Then again the SRF is pretty fucked up so I guess Daniel has just adapted well to the situation Beer
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2020, 04:12:17 PM »

CG, Silvia, Victoria and Daniel held a meeting with Ann Linde, Minister for Foreign Affairs, to discuss future state visits and official visits.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2020, 05:07:58 PM »

Considering how Madeleine is treated, partly because of Sofia I feel being decidedly friendly towards Sofia shows a lack of understanding and sensibility.

Then again the SRF is pretty fucked up so I guess Daniel has just adapted well to the situation Beer

Totally agree, Maria.

And I donít hold out hope that Vic is strong enough to lessen the dysfunction.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2020, 03:24:09 PM »

IMO, there isn't much left for Vic to handle.

CG did Vic a favor by slimming down the Royal House to just the heir and her line of heirs. 

As Madeleine is my favorite royal, I want to focus on her.  By slimming down the House but not the family, CG effectively killed the constant negative press stories about Madeleine not pulling her weight or receiving public funds to which she's not entitled (even though she didn't take public funds that she wasn't entitled to). 

Madeleine, herself, took care of most of the problem when she chose herself and her family over the drama by moving to the States.  I honestly believe that Madeleine has the life now that she always wanted.  She's married, settled and has a family of her own; she can prioritize her children and be present for them in a way Silvia never was for her.  Madeleine is out of the spotlight and able to be somewhat normal, yet she can still make an appearance on behalf of Sweden when it's necessary.

I am also willing to bet that the distance actually helps relations between the siblings.  Madeleine doesn't have to be around Sofia nearly as much, nor put up with her line of bullsh*t and she's able to have a more one on one relationship with CP (by phone) without Sofia's constant interference. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »

IMO, there isn't much left for Vic to handle.

CG did Vic a favor by slimming down the Royal House to just the heir and her line of heirs. 

As Madeleine is my favorite royal, I want to focus on her.  By slimming down the House but not the family, CG effectively killed the constant negative press stories about Madeleine not pulling her weight or receiving public funds to which she's not entitled (even though she didn't take public funds that she wasn't entitled to). 

Madeleine, herself, took care of most of the problem when she chose herself and her family over the drama by moving to the States.  I honestly believe that Madeleine has the life now that she always wanted.  She's married, settled and has a family of her own; she can prioritize her children and be present for them in a way Silvia never was for her.  Madeleine is out of the spotlight and able to be somewhat normal, yet she can still make an appearance on behalf of Sweden when it's necessary.

I am also willing to bet that the distance actually helps relations between the siblings.  Madeleine doesn't have to be around Sofia nearly as much, nor put up with her line of bullsh*t and she's able to have a more one on one relationship with CP (by phone) without Sofia's constant interference. 

I can see why you think that - I did too at first. But since the slimming, weíve seen a lot of Snakey and I donít think sheís the face into the sunset type.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2020, 07:41:12 PM »

CG, Sil, Vic and Dan gave a digital audience to Karin Olofsdotter, Sweden's ambassador to the United States.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2020, 08:32:40 PM »

With the slimming they should have gotten rid of Snakes and GPs official appeareances. Or limit them to a reasonable amount at least. At times you have the impression they are the crown prince and Viccan and Dan are the extras.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2020, 12:52:49 AM »

With the slimming they should have gotten rid of Snakes and GPs official appeareances. Or limit them to a reasonable amount at least. At times you have the impression they are the crown prince and Viccan and Dan are the extras.

I feel the same way, and I think a lot of it is CG and Silvia wish they were extras. There seems to be a big reluctance to push CP and Snakey back and an equal reluctance to highlight Vic and Dan. This family seems more dysfunctional than the BRF.
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2020, 01:03:55 AM »

It greatly pains me to say this, but CP and the Snake are quite a popular couple outside of this Board.  I donít know how the Swedes feel about her, but the articles and comments elsewhere Iíve seen have been very flattering toward them.  Iím not surprised at all that the SRF is capitalizing on that.  Sadly. 
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2020, 03:29:57 AM »

CG, Sil, Vic and Dan gave a digital audience to Karin Olofsdotter, Sweden's ambassador to the United States.

I saw this on their Instagram.  I'm interested to find out the ambassador's opinion of the climate in the USA. Was she honest about a shit show it has become?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2020, 09:50:44 AM »

It greatly pains me to say this, but CP and the Snake are quite a popular couple outside of this Board.  I donít know how the Swedes feel about her, but the articles and comments elsewhere Iíve seen have been very flattering toward them.  Iím not surprised at all that the SRF is capitalizing on that.  Sadly. 

They arenít especially popular in Sweden.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2020, 10:25:15 AM »

Victoria, Estelle and Oscar visited the exhibition "Look at the rugs Ė find me" in the Hall of State at the Royal Palace. The exhibition features the works of textile designer Mšrta MŚŚs-FjetterstrŲm (1873-1941).

Is that a tattoo on the childís arm? 😬
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: