Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Swedish Royal News  (Read 85111 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2020, 09:52:07 PM »

She's a kid. Kids can be bratty and go through phases. It wouldn't mean they are bad parents, or Estelle is a bad kid.

Exactly Ellie. Crossing your arms can mean many things - I’m cold or uncomfortable, just as an example. Doesn’t always mean a ‘tude.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2020, 10:41:48 PM »

It may not mean that but when you see the picture, that is certainly the impression you could walk away with.  I did, anyway.  Optics.  It’s pretty standard body language for “I’m not having it.”
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2020, 11:38:10 PM »

They’re just crossed arms Blink facial expressions tell much more about whether a child is being bratty or not. She seems engaged, didn’t seem to have a tantrum. Idk it’s a still photo, I wouldn’t jump off a ledge and coin it bratty.

I don’t have kids but I’ve worked with kids, I wish crossed arms was all I had to deal with when they’re being “bratty” Sad
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2020, 11:47:32 PM »

Vic is hopeless. Those pants. Good grief. Estelle is growing up so fast.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2020, 12:16:19 AM »

They’re just crossed arms Blink facial expressions tell much more about whether a child is being bratty or not. She seems engaged, didn’t seem to have a tantrum. Idk it’s a still photo, I wouldn’t jump off a ledge and coin it bratty.

I don’t have kids but I’ve worked with kids, I wish crossed arms was all I had to deal with when they’re being “bratty” Sad

Star

Also, I've now constantly got my arms folded at work to ensure I don't touch stuff or try and shake hands.

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2020, 12:27:15 AM »

You are entitled to your opinion.  What I wrote above is mine.  With all due respect. 
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2020, 12:37:00 AM »

Yeah, I don't think it's a big deal either. Estelle is always really well behaved and I doubt Victoria would tolerate an attitude from her at an engagement. I can't believe how big they both have gotten too!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2020, 01:37:16 AM »

Star

Also, I've now constantly got my arms folded at work to ensure I don't touch stuff or try and shake hands.

Me too FC!  I have taken to carrying things so I don’t have to shake hands or (gasp) hug people.

Star For Tsarina.  She’s only 8 - I give her credit for not squirming like I probably would have done at that age.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2020, 05:12:09 AM »

Seriously, this. Star I took it as her being serious and thoughtful, not grumpy.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2020, 12:28:03 PM »

Before Oscar I feel we saw plenty of signs that V&D didn’t make the most.. thoughtful parents. It was discussed here plenty enough. I think Estelle and Oscar are very much loved and not especially spoiled or something like that, but I also think neither V&D are the sharpest knives in the drawer and I suspect they both suffer from blind angles about their privilege. The SRF isn’t that popular so a bit of humility would be wise. Estelle is no doubt a sweet girl but she also raised differently from Victoria, with little doubt of her position. In the long run that might definitely turn into an attitude. Which quite frankly they have far too much of in the SRF.

I don’t consider this dishing on Estelle. I think it reflects poorly on V&D.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2020, 12:30:40 PM »

I wonder if - and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I got the feeling - that because V&D struggled to have them they are a bit spoiled and privileged, even in their privilege in being royal. I hope that makes sense!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2020, 01:39:50 PM »

I definitely think that’s part of it and it’s hard to blame them. However much depends on how Estelle and Oscar behaves and wise parents would be mindful of that.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2020, 02:26:41 PM »

Her dress sense is fine but I hope Vic has a little chat with her if she continues to cross her arms like that.  Came across as having a bit of a ‘tude.

Maybe she takes after her godmother 😹
cecile

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

I think what we’ve seen from Estelle and Oscar is that they’re both well behaved and judging on a pic where she crossed her arms I found it difficult and wouldn’t interpret to much Smiley

One thing to Daniel and that he’s often reported as dumb. A friend of mine was part of his entrepreneur program and he was very impressed of his knowledge and engagement not just on the entrepreneurial field but in general he made the impression of a bright person.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2020, 03:52:18 PM »

Well, for an eight year old and (what?) five year old to spend time at a fine-art museum, looking at tapestries, and not one of those "children's" museums...  They impressed me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: