Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 114157 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »

It amuses me that Meghan is making Mary look better and better. Mary had the sense to let someone literate draft this for her.

Mind you, basic protocol dictates that she should have named the Crown Prince. She is relegating him - she seriously knows heís useless and she will effectively be queen.

Thatís a really good point, Hester. The previous supporting role played by The Cambridges will now be played by Crown Princess Madam.

And I could not agree more with the relegation of Fred. He pretty much is begging for it, so I guess everyone is happy?
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 05:07:33 AM »

Mary could donate her 5% of the CP allowance.   Halo

Or her Haberdash profits.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 11:37:47 AM »

Mary must be watching the Meghan Markle trainwreck, remember her own plans to ďmoderniseĒ the Danish Monarchy, and thanking her lucky stars that she had the sense to suck up the stuffy protocol.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 01:10:48 PM »

Or she had no choice.
Maxiqueen

Baby Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »

It is the same thing I thought when reading "my husband and I" .... I mean she is not QEII or Victoria of Sweden Crown Princess in her own right and they can say my husband and I. Mary is Crown princess just because she married Fred. Would it be more correct on the protocol side if she would say "the Crown Prince and I..." ? he is the one who's got the title after all. Or more simply just make a message using "we" and then sign Mary CP of Danemark if you can't help using it even on the shopping list
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 10:48:06 AM »

It is the same thing I thought when reading "my husband and I" .... I mean she is not QEII or Victoria of Sweden Crown Princess in her own right and they can say my husband and I. Mary is Crown princess just because she married Fred. Would it be more correct on the protocol side if she would say "the Crown Prince and I..." ? he is the one who's got the title after all. Or more simply just make a message using "we" and then sign Mary CP of Danemark if you can't help using it even on the shopping list

That struck me, too, on first reading it.  I wonder if itís because itís more personal note on her side - to her home country?  I donít know.  Thatís the only justification I could see for stating it the way she did. 
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 02:17:50 PM »

I donít see any issue with the messsge coming from Mary for Australia. Anywhere else, yes, that would be an issue, but watching the footage is heartbreaking enough for me, and I have no ties to Australia. It must be very hard for her.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 02:21:00 PM »

That struck me, too, on first reading it.  I wonder if itís because itís more personal note on her side - to her home country?  I donít know.  Thatís the only justification I could see for stating it the way she did. 

I thought the same thing too - don't see a problem with it in this case since it's where she's from. It would make sense for it to be more personal.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »

It amuses me that Meghan is making Mary look better and better. Mary had the sense to let someone literate draft this for her.

Mind you, basic protocol dictates that she should have named the Crown Prince. She is relegating him - she seriously knows heís useless and she will effectively be queen.

Now I can see Mary going all Catherine the Great and ousting Fred as king to secure her own power and status 😂
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 12:11:35 PM »

Now I can see Mary going all Catherine the Great and ousting Fred as king to secure her own power and status 😂

More like Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 01:26:12 AM »

The happy couple enjoying Switzerland..

esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 02:33:42 AM »

Look at the facial expression of the poor dog.  Crap
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 02:44:40 AM »

Take away the make up and she is one plain looking woman.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 05:06:01 AM »

And old looking.
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 05:57:01 AM »

At least the dog is on a leash.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52   Go Up