Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 51659 times)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2020, 11:40:56 PM »

Glad to know it's her private office rather than a public or official office...that makes it better in my mind!  I still think that, stylistically speaking, those pictures are the sneakers to the elegant dress of her office, though!   
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2020, 12:00:48 PM »

Mary is the master of "Breaking up style": afaIr she has not ever really managed to have all details fit. There is always something that makes you go  Yikes. This level of stylistic incompetence is almost endearing in someone so very amibitiuos to get it all right..
Yet the pictures are really something that I do like.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2020, 11:05:54 PM »

2 May
Crown Princess Mary sent a special message relating to the corona crisis
3 May
Crown Princess Mary released a video message on the Children's Day 2020:
http://kongehuset.dk/hkh-...a-boernehjaelpsdagen-2020
Mosh sent a digital greeting message to all socially excluded children and young people in Denmark on Children's Aid Day 2020.
Her eyes are looking around (trying to find the teleprompter)...of course she can't speak from (her) heart  Wink

Poor Mosh, working sooooooo hard!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2020, 12:53:23 AM »

The art on the wall next to her reminds me of candy buttons...did anyone else eat those when you were little?  Those rainbow color dots in various stages of fade look like the residue left on the paper strip from candy buttons!  Man, I sure am critical of how she chooses to decorate her office  Shocked

Since I don't speak a word of Danish I will assume that it was a lovely message that did provide encouragement to its intended audience, since it seems like people genuinely enjoy these video clips.  And I say that with all sincerity.  Smiley

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2020, 12:59:14 AM »

I could excuse the poor danish skills if there was even one faint thread of heart in the person delivering the message.  Silly me ... still looking for the miracle after so many years.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2020, 01:20:03 AM »

I could excuse the poor danish skills if there was even one faint thread of heart in the person delivering the message.  Silly me ... still looking for the miracle after so many years.

I did wonder how fluent her speech was.  I thought it was a shame that she was so clearly reading from a prompter; even with me not understanding the words she was saying, reading it like that makes it seem much less sincere.    Confused

I wonder how this will be received by the children/teens in Denmark; if they are delighted to be addressed by a crown princess so they overlook these things, or if they're cynical or at the least unimpressed. 
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2020, 01:38:51 AM »

Cold and wooden.
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2020, 02:18:34 AM »

Cold and wooden.

Patronising, too.
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2020, 03:54:40 AM »

It was like she was wrenching her mouth to form the words, as her cheeks and jaw have been too paralyzed with toxins to work naturally.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2020, 04:04:53 AM »

Her voice is soft but watching her eyes continuously scrolling the teleprompter is incredibly annoying.  Also the angle she's filmed at is strange. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2020, 09:19:29 AM »

The text that shes reading aloud is nice. The words and the message is a good one.

But oh my freaking goodness is she uncomfortable to look at and listen to.

For the first two seconds, I was wondering why she was speaking English - and Danish is my mother tongue. Granted, I just woke up and my mind was probably registering the sound rather than the actual words.

Her pronunciation of the individual words is fine. Its clearly a rehearsed speech because there were no masturbating Africans in it. But she still sounds like shes speaking English. I get that its difficult to change when you learn a new language as an adult (and she was monolingual before her marriage). But she absolutely has as heavy an accent as Henri did and hers actually annoy me.

I really dislike that they shot it with the pictures of her own (very priviledged) kids in the background and what the crap is up with the weird angle?!

She should really with the attempts to appear like she cares about other people because it comes across as extremely fake.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »

I can't see the video  Sad

I click on the link...but nothing happens Blush

G Sad

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2020, 02:23:49 PM »

I can't see the video  Sad

I click on the link...but nothing happens Blush

G Sad
Hey getafix, if the link of the kongehuset.dk doesn't work, try this one:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-mary-released-video.html
take care Smiley
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2020, 05:30:43 PM »

The text that shes reading aloud is nice. The words and the message is a good one.

For the first two seconds, I was wondering why she was speaking English - and Danish is my mother tongue. Granted, I just woke up and my mind was probably registering the sound rather than the actual words.

Her pronunciation of the individual words is fine. Its clearly a rehearsed speech because there were no masturbating Africans in it. But she still sounds like shes speaking English. I get that its difficult to change when you learn a new language as an adult (and she was monolingual before her marriage). But she absolutely has as heavy an accent as Henri did and hers actually annoy me.

I really dislike that they shot it with the pictures of her own (very priviledged) kids in the background and what the crap is up with the weird angle?!

She should really with the attempts to appear like she cares about other people because it comes across as extremely fake.

I was completely distracted by the eyes shifting in and out of camera range.  Either memorize the one minute message or bring the cue cards closer to the camera. Shame on her for a lackadaisical effort.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2020, 05:46:01 PM »

You won't believe me, but even though I don't speak Danish, I had the same impression. Danish sounds totally different I recognize it when I hear it, although I don't understand the words. Hers doesn't sound like good Danish to me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: