Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 55658 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2020, 04:58:43 AM »

Her accent is annoying, IMO.

...so is she Snare

G Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2020, 10:34:49 AM »

Wow, she has really lightened her hair. I like the idea of a bob hairstyle but she is way too attached to her long hair.

Sadly too many women over 35 are attached to their long hair even if it ages them.  Sad

A while ago I encountered some prejudice and opinions of (Dutch) men about Dutch women. A.o. wondering why Dutch women start to have short hair after a certain age (I believe >30 years). Apparently according to a poll they prefer long hair above short hair, but many Dutch women go short. And the men mentioned it doesn't suit all women.

Currently my hair is relatively long again. I used to have layers in my hair, but the longest part is now in between my shoulder blades. Not having seen the hairdresser for > 1.5 years. Not even for the ends.

I had really long (lower part of my back) hair as a child, but have it cut up to my shoulders at 15. Since then it just got shorter and stayed short. My last coupe before letting it grow again was a bobline.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2020, 12:18:31 PM »

Iím 34 and I have long hair and no plans about changing that. Because itís practical and it suits me. Smiley

The thing is, I donít think long hair particularly works with Maryís facial shape.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »

Wow, she has really lightened her hair. I like the idea of a bob hairstyle but she is way too attached to her long hair.

Sadly too many women over 35 are attached to their long hair even if it ages them.  Sad

A while ago I encountered some prejudice and opinions of (Dutch) men about Dutch women. A.o. wondering why Dutch women start to have short hair after a certain age (I believe >30 years). Apparently according to a poll they prefer long hair above short hair, but many Dutch women go short. And the men mentioned it doesn't suit all women.

Currently my hair is relatively long again. I used to have layers in my hair, but the longest part is now in between my shoulder blades. Not having seen the hairdresser for > 1.5 years. Not even for the ends.

I had really long (lower part of my back) hair as a child, but have it cut up to my shoulders at 15. Since then it just got shorter and stayed short. My last coupe before letting it grow again was a bobline.  And afterwards I guess that was the best hairdo with regard to my facial features and shape (I have a long and narrow shaped face).

periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2020, 06:45:55 PM »

I don't think age and hair length should matter much but the reality is when you are menopausal like me your hair starts thinning big time. Not like male pattern baldness just kind of ratty looking. If you have seen the recent ads with Mary Lou Retton you know what I mean. So short hair is just a better and tidier response to that. And after menopause who cares what the boys think anyway!!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2020, 10:05:08 PM »

The idea that long hair on "mature women" looks off, is old and IMO belongs to the very same idea that believes women of a certain age should e.g. no longer wear shorts, but rather decent capris ( ) or lady-bermudas or actually much better: skirts. And no trainers either, but rather sensible loafer.
Seriously!
What women of all ages should do is have a good look in the mirror, see what suits them - if you have more hair on your upper lip than your head or the folds above your knees have their own folds as well - then perhaps a different fashion approach is called for?
Or perhaps not, because really in the end what makes you feel really attractive very often makes attractive. So throw all these "a woman of this and that age should.." out of the window!!
...says Fairy, who has to blow out more candles on her birthday cake than she cares for and who wears her fairy-red locks looong and her fairy shorts and shirts short.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2020, 10:14:43 PM »

The idea that long hair on "mature women" looks off, is old and IMO belongs to the very same idea that believes women of a certain age should e.g. no longer wear shorts, but rather decent capris ( ) or lady-bermudas or actually much better: skirts. And no trainers either, but rather sensible loafer.
Seriously!
What women of all ages should do is have a good look in the mirror, see what suits them - if you have more hair on your upper lip than your head or the folds above your knees have their own folds as well - then perhaps a different fashion approach is called for?
Or perhaps not, because really in the end what makes you feel really attractive very often makes attractive. So throw all these "a woman of this and that age should.." out of the window!!
...says Fairy, who has to blow out more candles on her birthday cake than she cares for and who wears her fairy-red locks looong and her fairy shorts and shirts short.

Amen to that. Star
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2020, 10:15:30 PM »

Seriously!

Star Fairy, youíre my hero.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2020, 10:21:17 PM »

Curtsey

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2020, 08:29:27 AM »

Fairy for President!!!!

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2020, 09:28:27 AM »

Seriously!

Jumping  Star
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2020, 12:03:46 PM »

I am body-positive in real life (I hope) but dishing on Yrma I make an exception for because she is vain, shallow, and clearly weight-obsessed.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2020, 05:35:16 PM »

I said too many not all.  I have a couple of friends who have hair long enough to sit on- one looks great with her long hair, she keeps it tidy and almost always tied back in some way. The other, not so much.  Smiley
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »

I said too many not all.  I have a couple of friends who have hair long enough to sit on- one looks great with her long hair, she keeps it tidy and almost always tied back in some way. The other, not so much.  Smiley

Yes, a lot depends on the styling.   Mary, Sofia of Sweden and a lot of other royal ladies would benefit from a fresh hairstyle (even keeping much of their length).   The corona crisis did me a favor in one respect, I was able to grow my hair from a short layered look to shoulder length and after some recent styling I like it very much.  I didn't have the patience to grow it out before   

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »

I am body-positive in real life (I hope) but dishing on Yrma I make an exception for because she is vain, shallow, and clearly weight-obsessed.

She is a public figure struggeling with a lot of aspects of it - her husband did not turn out to be Prince charming, etc. So altering her appearance might be one of the easier things to do, as she can not change Frodo, or become more likeable, or ...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: