Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 134317 times)
Lady of the Lake

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »

I feel like there's an irony in mosh&co having a meeting about cancelling events, making events socially distant due to the pandemic, etc. when nobody in the room looks like they're really socially distancing.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »

I feel like there's an irony in mosh&co having a meeting about cancelling events, making events socially distant due to the pandemic, etc. when nobody in the room looks like they're really socially distancing.

totally  Star and they have enought space to do so.

Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: August 21, 2020, 08:28:48 PM »

August 20
Yrma attended a meeting with executives of Mary Fonden
She attended a meeting with executives of The Mary Foundation. The meeting was held at the headquarters of The Mary Foundation. At the meeting, how to carry on the events which bring together people physically that are not able to be held during the current pandemic was discussed. Other alternatives of holding these events without compromising on health precautions were also discussed.

I actually think she looks pretty good here. Mary has looked so much older than her age for so long that I think her real age is finally catching up to her face.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: August 22, 2020, 06:53:50 AM »

Oh great, new member!
Welcome Lady of the Lake!

Good for Mary that she admitted her mistake! I wasn't sure she would write such a thing but I'm glad she did. Smart move.
I like her upclose photos, imo she has beautiful eyes.

Her eyelids had been fixed multiple times. She had droopy eyelids pre-Freddles. . Xian got a bit of his Mom's original eyelids.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2020, 07:39:46 AM »

Where is her wedding ring? Spiteful
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: August 22, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »

August 20
Yrma attended a meeting with executives of Mary Fonden
She attended a meeting with executives of The Mary Foundation. The meeting was held at the headquarters of The Mary Foundation. At the meeting, how to carry on the events which bring together people physically that are not able to be held during the current pandemic was discussed. Other alternatives of holding these events without compromising on health precautions were also discussed.

These two photos are quite flattering of her imo.  I think the lighting with the windows behind her helps.  Her hair is cute here as well.  I always think these staged work pictures involving royals are pretty silly generally.  But if they’re going to take them, I do like these. 
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2020, 11:50:52 AM »

More pics from the WWF event in Kattegat

https://www.gettyimages.d...l&sort=newest#license
https://www.parismatch.co...ent-fort-insolite-1699354

Nerves

Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2020, 01:53:42 PM »

I was surprised, of late, to see so many wrinkles around her eyes but I also didn’t realize she’s 48.  I had to go look up her age.  I don’t know, I think she looks about as expected for her age.  She certainly looks a lot better than other 48 year olds I know.  Part of me thinks that raising four kids was more challenging for her than she might have expected.  I just get that vibe.  My two cents only. 
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: August 22, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »

Her overall situation is not that easy: She knows that someday in the future she will be Queen/ consort on the side of Frodo, the hibernator, who is not up to the job (at least so it seems). With Jokke and Marie gone, there is no plan B. I can't imagine it is much fun being married to Frodo, even though they posted a picture recently where they seemed to be in-sync.

Daisy will be the measure and Daisy just has it off - she can look regal, but still approachable and you know she is doing a wonderful job. So there must be a lot of pressure on Mary.

There is also a lot of pretend and show - think about how close she claimed to be to her dad - her dad is nowhere to be seen. It costs a lot of energy to keep that up.
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: August 22, 2020, 06:29:43 PM »

Some years ago, my career took quite an unexpected turn and I have met Mary (and other Royals) a couple of times since then.
If you go through my posts, you will find that I have never been a Mary-fan, quite au contraire.
Meeting her has certainly changed my opinion. On one hand, she looked way better IRL than in pictures. I have seen pictures of her from days when I met her and couldn’t figure out where the face in the photo (especially the Chipmunks-cheeks) came from. Must really be extreme Photoshop or very unfortunate make-up.
On the other hand, she was much nicer than I thought, in fact I really grew to like her (I had the opposite experience with other Royals...). Very down to earth, even a bit insecure, I guess that‘s why on some occasions she masks that with her notorious „snobbism“.

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2020, 07:41:15 PM »

Some years ago, my career took quite an unexpected turn and I have met Mary (and other Royals) a couple of times since then.
If you go through my posts, you will find that I have never been a Mary-fan, quite au contraire.
Meeting her has certainly changed my opinion. On one hand, she looked way better IRL than in pictures. I have seen pictures of her from days when I met her and couldn’t figure out where the face in the photo (especially the Chipmunks-cheeks) came from. Must really be extreme Photoshop or very unfortunate make-up.
On the other hand, she was much nicer than I thought, in fact I really grew to like her (I had the opposite experience with other Royals...). Very down to earth, even a bit insecure, I guess that‘s why on some occasions she masks that with her notorious „snobbism“.

You could very well be correct about her insecurity and coming off as snobby instead.  In fact, the more I think about it, I can totally see that being true in her case.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 08:33:48 PM by Queen’s Tea » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: August 22, 2020, 07:56:14 PM »

Great insight, Stefanie - my quibble with that is..how long is she in her role now? If you/one is insecure for the first years that's understandable. You have to find your footing and your way around, but after beeing married for what..19 years now, you better find your place in your postition, figure it out. Other things, that don't jive with me are her early and later lies and her deceptions....to me, she is the wrong person in the wrong job.

Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: August 22, 2020, 08:25:24 PM »

You could very well be correct about her insecurity and coming off as snobby instead.  In fact, the more I think about it, I can totally see that being true I her case.

It is a very interesting post Stefanie. Whenever I have read about the nose-in-the-air I think Is That Me? because I am not a confident person so I have to take a deep breath and put up my head up and probably my nose is also the the air. Also I believe that for many women Imposter Syndrome is very real. Quite apart it is a big deal for a person to swap not only country but continent to marry a partner and raise a family and (try to do one's best to) learn a very different language and that is even without becoming a public figure.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: August 22, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »

Star Stephanie for the insight.

“The sheep fear the wolf, only to be eaten by the shepherd." – Flash Gordon
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2020, 08:45:34 PM »

Star Ditto the Star, Stefanie.

Can you tell us your impressions of other royals you met and how they were or were not as you expected?

Well, at this point Mary does not seem the worst. And in person meetings help with perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: