Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 51152 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2020, 01:46:46 AM »

I don't imply that she takes drugs but this is a bad make up because it reminds me of poor Peaches Geldof, so pale white face.

it"s the chipmunk cheeks that I noticed as soon as I oped up the page  Dead Yikes

Gawd!

any higher and her cheeks will be part of her sphenoid  Blink

G Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2020, 06:36:18 AM »

There's that dirty table again.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2020, 12:57:48 PM »

I don't imply that she takes drugs but this is a bad make up because it reminds me of poor Peaches Geldof, so pale white face.

it"s the chipmunk cheeks that I noticed as soon as I oped up the page  Dead Yikes

Gawd!

G Crap
Her cheeks are surreal for a long time!

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2020, 01:07:31 PM »

Gawd!

G Crap

And the nose! She’s really heading into Wacko Jacko territory now  Nerves
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2020, 01:08:57 PM »

The text that she’s reading aloud is nice. The words and the message is a good one.

But oh my freaking goodness is she uncomfortable to look at and listen to.

For the first two seconds, I was wondering why she was speaking English - and Danish is my mother tongue. Granted, I just woke up and my mind was probably registering the sound rather than the actual words.

Her pronunciation of the individual words is fine. It’s clearly a rehearsed speech because there were no masturbating Africans in it. But she still sounds like she’s speaking English. I get that it’s difficult to change when you learn a new language as an adult (and she was monolingual before her marriage). But she absolutely has as heavy an accent as Henri did and hers actually annoy me.

I really dislike that they shot it with the pictures of her own (very priviledged) kids in the background and what the crap is up with the weird angle?!

She should really with the attempts to appear like she cares about other people because it comes across as extremely fake.

Danish speakers--is her accent Australian sounding? Or just like she is a native English-Language speaker? Like would an American or Brit reading that teleprompter in Danish sound similar, or clearly have a very different accent?

The eye movement made me dizzy. Her voice is a nice voice. Not grating. But she looks like she is phoning it in. And really, would Danes just prefer if she would speak English since that's what she is comfortable doing and the Danish comes across as fairly either fake, insincere, or not competent enough after all these years?

Does Marie have a strong French accent with her Danish?

Don’t be silly, Marie is perfect  Whistle
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »

The text that she’s reading aloud is nice. The words and the message is a good one.

For the first two seconds, I was wondering why she was speaking English - and Danish is my mother tongue. Granted, I just woke up and my mind was probably registering the sound rather than the actual words.

Her pronunciation of the individual words is fine. It’s clearly a rehearsed speech because there were no masturbating Africans in it. But she still sounds like she’s speaking English. I get that it’s difficult to change when you learn a new language as an adult (and she was monolingual before her marriage). But she absolutely has as heavy an accent as Henri did and hers actually annoy me.

I really dislike that they shot it with the pictures of her own (very priviledged) kids in the background and what the crap is up with the weird angle?!

She should really with the attempts to appear like she cares about other people because it comes across as extremely fake.

Danish speakers--is her accent Australian sounding? Or just like she is a native English-Language speaker? Like would an American or Brit reading that teleprompter in Danish sound similar, or clearly have a very different accent?

The eye movement made me dizzy. Her voice is a nice voice. Not grating. But she looks like she is phoning it in. And really, would Danes just prefer if she would speak English since that's what she is comfortable doing and the Danish comes across as fairly either fake, insincere, or not competent enough after all these years?

You might be able to communicate in a language that you learned as an adult but from experience it is hard to mimic all the tones well... Marie growing up in Europe should do better than someone from elsewhere ... my neighbors lived in Denmark and their children never got the pronunciation "right" and their father is Danish but English is their first language
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2020, 01:54:35 PM »

You might be able to communicate in a language that you learned as an adult but from experience it is hard to mimic all the tones well... Marie growing up in Europe should do better than someone from elsewhere ... my neighbors lived in Denmark and their children never got the pronunciation "right" and their father is Danish but English is their first language

Even within Europe it variates.

In the past many Dutch were relatively multilangual, as they learned foreign languages such as German, English and French (and others) from an age of 12 years or sooner at school. For example sooner by simple language training on elementary school (basisschool) level or picking it up by watching f.e. German television.

But these days I am surprised that for many children in my surroundings the focus is mainly on English. Sometimes it seems they do not understand the benefits of having knowledge of other languages besides English.

For Dutch, as I understood, it wouldn't be hard to decipher Danish written texts. But the pronounciation of Danish is hard to grasp.

An interesting comparison of the Germanic languages:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2_gTETBXM
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »

I don’t think her sound is distinctly Australian. It’s “english speaking”. I think she’d sound different, though, had she been American by birth.

Danes would definitely prefer it that she speaks Danish. We know our language isn’t an easy one so we appreciate it when people try. That’s probably also why Henrik’s Danish was ridiculed. His vocabulary and grasp of the language was actually really good (and much superior to Mary’s) but he had a heavy accent. Mary’s accent is equally strong but we’re more accustomed to the sound of English so fewer people would find the sound alien.

As for Marie. She’s not accent free. But her Danish IS really good. She’s much less affected in her tone than Mary and you can tell that it’s a language she uses. Weirdly, her accent doesn’t sound French. I wouldn’t be able to say where she was born based on her accent. With Henrik, you could tell because his sounds were still French.

The difference between Marie’s and Mary’s Danish is that you can tell that Marie speaks multible languages aside from Danish and French. She has clearly worked a lot on the different vowel sounds and consonants and her Danish sounds more rounded than Mary’s. Of course, Mary has grown up monolingual and may simply not have an ear for languages. But Marie’s, while not sounding like a native Dane, is a lot less strained sounding than Mary’s. You always have the feeling that Mary is very selfconcious whenever she opens her mouth. She never quite feels relaxed. Even though she speaks Danish and is obviously able to carry a conversation in it, it kind of still sound like it’s a struggle.

Marie feels like she’s comfortable with Danish. She makes mistakes still (which is okay since it’s a foreign language) but it doesn’t feel so forced with her.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2020, 04:12:39 PM »

Thank you Harley isn't that interesting. Your descriptions match my perceptions of their various language skills and insecurities. In her favor though Mary does have a lovely voice it's too bad she seems to make ears bleed with her Danish.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2020, 04:29:42 PM »

This is slightly OT, but I got curious, what did people think of Ingrid's Danish? I found some videos of her speaking and to my non-Danish ears she sounds very good, like a native speaker, but like I said I'm not Danish myself..

Did she ever struggle with Danish like Henrik and Mary?
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »

This is slightly OT, but I got curious, what did people think of Ingrid's Danish? I found some videos of her speaking and to my non-Danish ears she sounds very good, like a native speaker, but like I said I'm not Danish myself..

Did she ever struggle with Danish like Henrik and Mary?

Because Ingrid was Swedish, much of the grammar and vocabulary is similar to Danish, so it wouldn't have been like learning a completely new language, just learning the pronunciations and words which are different. For a comparison it would perhaps be like being in raised in northern Germany and then moving to Austria, where some words and accent are different.
In fairness to Mary, I think Danish is a hard language to master because of the pronunciation and accent (or at least it seems it to me, and I speak both Swedish and English). But she's had 14+ years and will have had access to the best teachers money could buy. Plus Danish is a Germanic language like English so some words are similar. To me, Mary's poor proficiency in Danish is a reflection of her lack of will to integrate and get to know her adopted country.

If you compare her to Marie, who had four or so years less to learn Danish and whose native language belongs to the Romance group (French) so the vocabulary is even more diverse, Marie is far better and more confident in speaking Danish, and I think that is because she is willing to learn and carve out a role within Denmark for herself as a representative.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2020, 10:53:44 PM »

Fascinating discussion, ladies! I think Danish is very difficult and I used to delude myself that my knowledge of Norwegian would carry me through. It doesn't. I can read Danish just fine. If I speak Norwegian to a Dane, they understand me, but I don't understand them.

When I am in Norway, Norwegians understand me, but since I speak with an accent that shows clearly I learned on the west coast (Bergen, Balestrand), some Norwegians think I'm from some other part of Norway, since the dialects are very, very distinct and there are many of them. I find that hilarious and go along with it for a while.

I wonder if Fred did not "hold" Mary to Danish when she moved there. Like he was too lazy to either encourage her or insist on speaking to her in Danish in the early years. They got into sloppy habits. But who knows with him. Wasn't French his first language and isn't that what they spoke/speak with Margrete?

Marie does have an advantage growing up multi-lingual as is so true with most Europeans.

Mary laboring over the language after all these years is just strange. At some point people get comfortable with their language skills, mistakes and all, and are fluid, if with some errors.

chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2020, 10:50:23 AM »

Mary posted on Instagrammen concerning the opening of schools and her kids going back to "normal" school life.
look here:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...ys-all-four-children.html
Of course, she also posted an old photo of herself (trip to Kenya _ 2018?)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:12:27 AM by chocolate_angel » Logged
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »

Mosh celebrates the 10th year of her patronage for UNFPA
look here:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...mary-celebrates-10th.html
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2020, 03:37:26 PM »

May 14
Yrma met with Minister Rasmus Prehn

- "Today I met with Development Minister Rasmus Prehn, where - as you can see at a good distance - we discussed both the short and long-term consequences of the Covid19 crisis for girls and women's everyday lives around the world, in relation to education, violence, maternal mortality, child marriages, unwanted pregnancies.

Overall reproductive health and rights. We also talked about our shared concern about the risk of losing the progress of girls and women achieved so far. And about the importance of focusing on how the pandemic specifically affects girls and women, and on how we ensure that our response to the crisis reflects just that."

I don't remember that piece of wall-art......is it new....................
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: