Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 55666 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2020, 10:21:26 PM »

I am body-positive in real life (I hope) but dishing on Yrma I make an exception for because she is vain, shallow, and clearly weight-obsessed.

She is a public figure struggeling with a lot of aspects of it - her husband did not turn out to be Prince charming, etc. So altering her appearance might be one of the easier things to do, as she can not change Frodo, or become more likeable, or ...

Did she ever look for a Prince Charming? I think her bet was always on the Crown.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2020, 10:27:04 PM »

I am body-positive in real life (I hope) but dishing on Yrma I make an exception for because she is vain, shallow, and clearly weight-obsessed.

She is a public figure struggeling with a lot of aspects of it - her husband did not turn out to be Prince charming, etc. So altering her appearance might be one of the easier things to do, as she can not change Frodo, or become more likeable, or ...

Did she ever look for a Prince Charming? I think her bet was always on the Crown.

She clearly loved the idea of becoming a princess. But I have to say there are interviews from the beginning when she and he look happy. At least a lot happier than now. When you see them together there does not seem to be interaction - when you have other royal couples they look at each other and you simply know that they have a connection.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2020, 09:33:48 AM »

A little bit bored I got hooked on watching various clips on Youtube for a while again. I encountered some clips about "beautiful princesses of the world" etc. Apparently the one created them has a soft spot for Mary, as she is not only mentioned but also get more time then some others.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2020, 12:15:52 PM »

A little bit bored I got hooked on watching various clips on Youtube for a while again. I encountered some clips about "beautiful princesses of the world" etc. Apparently the one created them has a soft spot for Mary, as she is not only mentioned but also get more time then some others.

Maybe Mary is creating them ... 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2020, 02:01:26 PM »

Maybe Mary is creating them ... 

Laugh bounce Grin
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: June 26, 2020, 04:45:45 AM »

I can easily see that! LOL
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: June 26, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »

She clearly loved the idea of becoming a princess. But I have to say there are interviews from the beginning when she and he look happy. At least a lot happier than now. When you see them together there does not seem to be interaction - when you have other royal couples they look at each other and you simply know that they have a connection.

I thought the same at first.  But now I think she was thrilled to be a crown princess and would have gazed adoringly at Jabba the Hut if that was required.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2020, 08:38:58 AM »

Fred was never Prince Charming, but I don't think that mattered to pre-Princess Mary. He was inarticulate, unaccomplished with no direction in life even then. Though admittedly he's gotten worse. But so has Mary.
Mary altered her appearance starting even before becoming princess because she was obsessed with publicity and she wanted to be a star. She wanted to look the part. She was desperate for her fairy tale to be true. Her publicity stunts (Looker me tours to Oz, fashion shoots wearing fancy dress in the palaces) were all aimed to promote the fairy tale.

I thought the same at first.  But now I think she was thrilled to be a crown princess and would have gazed adoringly at Jabba the Hut if that was required.

Mary was thrilled to be a royal girlfriend and loved all the attention and privilege that offered. Then of course, she hit the jackpot when she became crown princess and all the attention and privilege multiplied and became official. When you look at the excitement on her face and her fame whoring activities those first few years, you knew she was more thrilled by the position than by the man she married. I'm sure she woke every morning pinching herself to make sure it was all real. How did an ordinary girl from Hobart end up living in a palace in Europe, swathed in all the designer duds she could get her hands on as the next queen?

I do think F&M at least enjoyed one another's company the first couple of years. But, no, she never gazed adoringly at Fred - not even then. The only person she has ever gazed at adoringly is Mr B, the minister she often traveled with on her "humanitarian" missions to 3rd world countries. QM got wind of it and had him re-assigned. Funny that Mary has undertaken fewer such trips since Mr. B.
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2020, 03:08:35 PM »

Crown Princess Mary gave a speech at the Global Pride event:

look here:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-mary-gave-speech-at.html

Mosh being "natural" in front of a camera as always.... No
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »

Crown Princess Mary gave a speech at the Global Pride event:

look here:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-mary-gave-speech-at.html

Mosh being "natural" in front of a camera as always.... No

Thanks CA!  Star 

She was reading so slowly I thought the words were printed individually on the teleprompter.  

Her Crown Princess pack of skills is pretty skint.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2020, 09:15:41 PM »

In an earlier era, say three to ten centuries ago, if a monarch or soon to be monarch was seen as weak, there would have been jockeying for overthrow or massive intrigue and maybe battles to get rid of the person. Crowns of Europe have been shifting for many centuries as this one plotted and schemed and overthrew that one or married the daughter of this one and together they overthrew that one. No one is there to overthrow Fred but in an earlier era, maybe Joachim would have?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2020, 11:05:39 PM »

In an earlier era, say three to ten centuries ago, if a monarch or soon to be monarch was seen as weak, there would have been jockeying for overthrow or massive intrigue and maybe battles to get rid of the person. Crowns of Europe have been shifting for many centuries as this one plotted and schemed and overthrew that one or married the daughter of this one and together they overthrew that one. No one is there to overthrow Fred but in an earlier era, maybe Joachim would have?

Even in the time of absolutism it was more often the ministers ruling than the monarch himself. This is what would've most likely happened with Fred.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2020, 01:40:16 AM »

Isnít there an instance in recent Danish history of an heir being sidestepped?
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2020, 02:37:38 AM »

Isnít there an instance in recent Danish history of an heir being sidestepped?

Not an heir apparent, to my knowledge.  Are you thinking about Margretheís uncle, Hereditary Prince Knud?  He was heir presumptive until the succession law changed from agantic (men in the male lines only) to male preference (sons before daughters)...now absolute (birth order).
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2020, 03:05:08 AM »

I appreciate - and somewhat admire - the nerve of a member of a royal family preaching equality for all.  When they are part of a system that is set up to achieve the exact opposite outcome.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: