Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 56163 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2020, 04:29:05 AM »

Crown Princess Mary gave a speech at the Global Pride event:

look here:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-mary-gave-speech-at.html

Mosh being "natural" in front of a camera as always.... No

Thanks CA!  Star 

She was reading so slowly I thought the words were printed individually on the teleprompter. 

Her Crown Princess pack of skills is pretty skint.

why does MEDiana do this in English and not Danish?

yup, ITA AB, after nearly 14 years in the job, she is still on L Plates.  Snare

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2020, 06:22:31 PM »

I appreciate - and somewhat admire - the nerve of a member of a royal family preaching equality for all.  When they are part of a system that is set up to achieve the exact opposite outcome.
Yes, it gives me the same fuzzy feeling like a royal clad in designer clothes that cost the equivalent of a small country's social net and who tells us that we all need to tighten our belts now to help those in need.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2020, 01:21:07 AM »

June 27
Yrma gives a speech on WorldPride

As a patron of Copenhagen 2021, the common designation of the LGBTI + events WorldPride and EuroGames, H.K.H. The Crown Princess gave a speech today at the event Global Pride, which is a 24 hour online event with speakers and artistic features from all over the world.

The virtual event is the response to the many cancellations of national Pride events worldwide due to COVID19. See the full speech of Her Royal Highness here.

Next year, Copenhagen will host the international event Copenhagen 2021, which aims to ensure equal rights for LGBTI +- people worldwide. Copenhagen 2021 will take place on August 12th in 2021 in Copenhagen and Malmø.

VIDEO HERE

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »

July 1
Mary Fonden has released a new video of Yrma
Mary tells why it’s so important that we should do everything we can to overcome loneliness. The Mary Foundation's new campaign clip has been released. The Mary Foundation's new campaign "Få øje på ensomhed" focuses on loneliness among young people. More and more people are feeling lonely, and the latest figures in an analysis by the Mary Foundation show that 12% of Denmark's young people aged 16-24 are seriously lonely. The purpose of the campaign is to break the taboo of loneliness and encourage young people to reach out to one another.

In this film, Crown Princess Mary tells why it’s so important that we should do everything we can to overcome loneliness. The campaign videos will run on the social media for young people and offer advice regarding what people can do in general to be more aware of their surroundings. The campaign videos were made by The Mary Foundation and Mayday Film. The campaign started yesterday and will continue in the next few weeks.

VIDEO HERE

danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2020, 06:54:58 PM »

I cant watch it.....her accent gives me a giant headache and makes me feel negatively about my own accent in Danish....oh gawd, I hope I dont sound that bad 

The truth will eventually be revealed!
autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2020, 12:41:56 AM »

I find it painful to hear her speak Danish as well. I find Danish to be a rather unique and beautiful language and Mary butchers it. I do understand, and I’m sure Danes understand, that those who learn it as a second language may never quite get the accent. I get that. But Mary has adopted this faux English accent  for speaking in English, which is bad enough, but to me it sounds like she was determined to learn Danish without losing that faux accent. Other married ins don’t sound so phony. I rather enjoy listening to Alex or Marie speak. Plus Mary speaks Danish the way we speak in English but Danish has a sort of rhythm to it that Mosh seems to refuse to adapt to.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2020, 01:24:47 AM »

Why does everything seem like a vanity project with her? Not that loneliness isn't something to address but you know other people are doing the work and instead of supporting other people's work she is centering herself it's really gross but that's Mary.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2020, 08:08:20 AM »

Why does everything seem like a vanity project with her? Not that loneliness isn't something to address but you know other people are doing the work and instead of supporting other people's work she is centering herself it's really gross but that's Mary.

This project is certainly nothing for her. If I were a lonely person Mary for sure would be the last one I'd call.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »

Not everyone has the same sense of languages and / or are so easy at picking up (for them) foreign languages.

As an native Dutch speaker (with knowledge of Low Saxon, German and English, among others), I am able to decipher several words and the like in Danish. However, I understand that the correct pronunciation of Danish is on a completely different level and difficult.

In the Netherlands, people, often (local) celebrities, use intensive language courses to get a grip on a foreign language. A very famous one is with "de nonnetjes in Vught" (= a la "the nuns in Vught"). If I am correct, Maxima took some Dutch lessons there. But I also suspect that she has also immersed herself in the language, so that she can learn it as quickly as possible (and as much as possible). She still has a vague and noticeable accent, but she is fluent in Dutch. And by the way, I have often heard from foreign colleagues (with or without Dutch as a second language) that they are surprised at how many regional languages / dialects / clear accents occur in Dutch in such a small country as the Netherlands.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/...leninstituut_Regina_Coeli

"...Regina Coeli (Latin: Queen of Heaven) is a language institute in Vught.

The school was founded in 1903 as a boarding school for girls by the Canonesses of Saint Augustine, who had emigrated from France.

From 1962, the school was associated with a language practical, from which the current institute emerged. The institute is still known as 'Nuns of Vught'...."

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2020, 01:25:42 PM »

I cant watch it.....her accent gives me a giant headache and makes me feel negatively about my own accent in Danish....oh gawd, I hope I dont sound that bad 

OMG!  DO is back! Hug Star

Dont go again Nono

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: July 03, 2020, 07:56:52 AM »

Hug  I was never quite gone, just incredibly busy with by job; also, some PW issues so I was on as a guest until I found my way back in correctly!! I will never be gone!!! Thank you, G for missing me!!  Star

OMG!  DO is back! Hug Star

Dont go again Nono

G Smiley

The truth will eventually be revealed!
Gilmourgirl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: July 04, 2020, 03:04:12 AM »

Her Danish is rather good, for an adult native English speaker. 
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: July 04, 2020, 03:09:11 AM »

Her Danish is rather good, for an adult native English speaker. 

Yikes
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »

July 13
Yrma attended the opening of HRC44 panel in Geneva
She gave a virtual opening speech for the annual panel debate on women’s rights during the UN Human Rights Council’s 44th session in Geneva. In September 2018 Denmark was for the first time elected for the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) for a period of three years (2019-2021).

As a member of the HRC Denmark play an active role in the work of the Council by taking part in votes on resolutions during the sessions. Denmark in particular seeks to be a strong voice for the promotion of women and girls’ rights, indigenous peoples’ rights and for the prevention of torture.

VIDEO HERE

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: July 31, 2020, 06:33:01 PM »

-> August 19
Crown Princess Mary will release sea rays from the Kattegat Center in Grenå on 19 August.

It will be the Crown Princess' first official task as president of the WWF World Wide Fund for Nature in Denmark.

This is stated in a press release from the organization.

The release of sea stingrays takes place because the Danish stock of stingrays is threatened. This is problematic because predators play an important role in the rest of marine life.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: