Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Benedikte - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 4916 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2020, 09:02:48 PM »

January 4
Bene attending opening of the DE-DK Cultural Friendship Year 2020.
She flew to Munich, Germany to attend the performance of "The Snow Queen" at Bavarian State Opera. "The Snow Queen" is a tale written by Hans Christian Andersen and its opera version was composed by Hans Abrahamsen.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 10:29:34 PM »

January 17
Benedikte inaugurated the exhibition "100 years with Denmark - South Jutland since reunification".
The even was held at the Sonderborg Castle museum.

chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 08:40:29 PM »

Happy birthday, Benedikt  Champagne
Best wishes for you 
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 09:55:17 PM »

Happy birthday Champagne

Benedikte is great and a wonderful support for the monarchy.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 10:17:23 PM »

Happy birthday Benedikte  Champagne
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 02:23:17 AM »

She is unfailing gracious and elegant!  I don't know a whole lot about her...any recommendations for a book or website or article on her?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 10:06:35 PM »

July 24
Daisy and Benedikte opened the Royal Vegetable Garden at Graasten Castle
They opened the Royal Vegetable Garden at Graasten Castle. The vegetable garden contains, among other things, a number of herbs, shrubs with berries such as blackberries, raspberries and gooseberries, flowers and a forest of fruit trees that grow in trellis.

The Royal Vegetable Garden will also provide learning opportunities for school classes, where the students learn about the path from farm to fork. The project has been created in a collaboration between the Palaces and Culture Agency and Sønderborg Municipality. Among other things, the project will use the garden as an attraction for both the local community and Danish and foreign tourists.

The Royal Vegetable Garden will open to the public on July 25. In July and August, the kitchen garden will be open every day of the week from 11:00 to 17:00.

SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 06:03:46 AM »

Princess Benedikte recently appeared in a video paying tribute to Palle Pedersen, who recently retired as Principal of the Danish KFUK in London.

I've never heard her speak before, let alone in English! This is a rare treat!

https://www.instagram.com...Ven/?igshid=1fcrnohxr9qzd
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 02:57:29 PM »

I love to hear royals speaking in other languages as well.  I'm surprised at how halting she sounds in English.  I understand her mother spent a lot of time in England after her mother died; I've heard Margrethe II speak in English.  Daisy's English was very comfortable, fluid and unaccented (received pronunciation, naturally).  I guess Bene just hung out with Germans and Danes a lot more.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »

I love to hear royals speaking in other languages as well.  I'm surprised at how halting she sounds in English.  I understand her mother spent a lot of time in England after her mother died; I've heard Margrethe II speak in English.  Daisy's English was very comfortable, fluid and unaccented (received pronunciation, naturally).  I guess Bene just hung out with Germans and Danes a lot more.

Its halting yes, but she still sounds like an aristocratic chatelaine.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 11:36:41 PM »

Princess Benedikte recently appeared in a video paying tribute to Palle Pedersen, who recently retired as Principal of the Danish KFUK in London.

sorry to ask but does Bene have early Parkinson's?

a friend of mine has this and her head shakes slightly like this  Secret

G Secret

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
kbart

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 12:07:21 AM »

Its halting yes, but she still sounds like an aristocratic chatelaine.
Her accent is good (and similar to Margrethe's) and some of her sentences are quite complex but she is nowhere near as fluent and comfortable as her two sisters... but then Anne-Marie lived so many years in the UK. In the next generation Joachim really does speak English very well indeed imo...
hrhpita

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2020, 05:36:10 PM »

sorry to ask but does Bene have early Parkinson's?

a friend of mine has this and her head shakes slightly like this  Secret

G Secret

I thought the same, getafix.  Also, the sound of her voice reminds me of some of Robert Kennedy's children - it's said it's due to spasmodic dysphonia.

ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 01:40:11 AM »

Video yourself speaking - I bet you move your head more than you think. As a teacher I've had  to record videos for my students during lockdown and god do I move my head way more than  I ever would have thought. Personally I think its just Benedikte trying to remember what she wants to say - I doubt she uses a prompter so it probably just trying to think what her next point is. She speaks very well IMO given its probably her third language after Danish and German in terms of frequency of use.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 09:20:29 PM »

September 18
Benedikte presented the Alzheimer's Association's Researcher Award 2020
Bene presented the Alzheimer's Association's (Alzheimerforeningen) Researcher Award to neuropsychologist Asmus Vogel and Associate Professor of Pathobiological Sciences Kristine Freude. Princess Benedikte is patron of the Alzheimer's Association.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: