Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News 2020.  (Read 20530 times)
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »

I feel like the Royals are in bad shape this year what with Andrew, the others and Zara getting her licence suspended.
I wonder what could be done to get them in a more positive light?

The need to make the move and limit who is getting funding - I think that would improve things. Looks like 1 couple might already be out regarding funding and Andrew should be right behind them. They could do it like the Swedish and just say they will get funding for whenever the monarch needs them (I think that's what the Swedish one said). So Edward/Sophie and Anne are still needed and will be funded when they are required. Andrew is never needed so never funded. The cousins (Kents, Gloucesters) need to be retired now. The cousins should have been phased out when the Queen's children started doing engagements. Anne and Edward/Sophie should be phased out when the Cambridge children start doing engagements in 20 odd years.

The reality with a slimmed down monarchy is that many organizations will lose a royal patron which is unfortunate. But the current set-up is unsustainable. Outside of working royals nobody should be getting free rent or any perks of royal life. The working royals should be (imo):
    The Queen
    Charles
    Camilla (who seems to be slowing down)
    William
    Kate
    Edward
    Sophie
    Anne
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 04:59:11 PM »

I feel like the Royals are in bad shape this year what with Andrew, the others and Zara getting her licence suspended.

The need to make the move and limit who is getting funding - I think that would improve things. Looks like 1 couple might already be out regarding funding and Andrew should be right behind them. They could do it like the Swedish and just say they will get funding for whenever the monarch needs them (I think that's what the Swedish one said). So Edward/Sophie and Anne are still needed and will be funded when they are required. Andrew is never needed so never funded. The cousins (Kents, Gloucesters) need to be retired now. The cousins should have been phased out when the Queen's children started doing engagements. Anne and Edward/Sophie should be phased out when the Cambridge children start doing engagements in 20 odd years.

The reality with a slimmed down monarchy is that many organizations will lose a royal patron which is unfortunate. But the current set-up is unsustainable. Outside of working royals nobody should be getting free rent or any perks of royal life. The working royals should be (imo):
    The Queen
    Charles
    William
    Kate
    Edward
    Sophie
    Anne

So true, Larla.  Star Thumb up
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 05:01:19 PM »

Have Camilla throw a Valentines Day party for all her Christmas tree families   
(that's all I could come up with for these lot)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 06:13:17 PM »

What?

EDIT: found it. Sheesh, what an idiot.

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 06:14:10 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/...-gloucestershire-51039925
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 06:19:22 PM »

What?

EDIT: found it. Sheesh, what an idiot.

Honestly - if you have 9 points, you know that that you have to drive very very carefully for the next few years
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 07:00:03 PM »

Well apparently, if we are to believe the article, itís behaviour she learned from her mother.

Seriously not okay  Thumb down

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 08:12:06 PM »

Well it's not like she needs the car to get to work. She can afford not to drive herself. Therefore I'll doubt she'll be anymore careful afterwards
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 08:16:02 PM »

The Queen
    Charles
    William
    Kate
    Edward
    Sophie
    Anne

Sorry to ask, but how's the BRF system anyway:

If you're a working royal, you get free housing, paid per engagement plus an allowance? What about clothes etc.? Do you've to pay yourself or pay it out of your allowance?

If the Kents etc. would retire that means nor more free housing? Or just like Madeleine founding themselves (from previously earned money?) and simply getting paid per engagement?
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 08:24:45 PM »

When is the next official family event? Trooping of Colour?

I love wachting this type of events since they are gathered all together and we don't get much from the State Visits (on the contrary of Sweden and other countries that provide us  several photos).

Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2020, 08:29:37 PM »

The Queen
    Charles
    William
    Kate
    Edward
    Sophie
    Anne

If you're a working royal, you get free housing, paid per engagement plus an allowance? What about clothes etc.? Do you've to pay yourself or pay it out of your allowance?

If the Kents etc. would retire that means nor more free housing? Or just like Madeleine founding themselves (from previously earned money?) and simply getting paid per engagement?

Grace and favour homes are given at the Queens discretion.

The sovereign grant is only for working royalty. Kent's would get some income for example where Zara would not. No CC events, no money.

Andrew was shot down that as his daughter's aren't "senior royals" they couldn't get security covered,  so that'll be an interesting thing to work out with others.

Charles dutchy is for the POWs family, so once William becomes POW it would go only to his family.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2020, 08:41:59 PM »

The Queen
    Charles
    William
    Kate
    Edward
    Sophie
    Anne

The sovereign grant is only for working royalty. Kent's would get some income for example where Zara would not. No CC events, no money.

Andrew was shot down that as his daughter's aren't "senior royals" they couldn't get security covered,  so that'll be an interesting thing to work out with others.

Charles dutchy is for the POWs family, so once William becomes POW it would go only to his family.

Thank you.  Star

I assume the Queen or the Charles/William as sovereigns could give out some special deals for non working royals too?
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2020, 01:21:15 AM »

I love wachting this type of events since they are gathered all together and we don't get much from the State Visits (on the contrary of Sweden and other countries that provide us  several photos).

Trooping the Colour is 13th June 2020. Not sure if itís the next big family event but I would guess because they donít happen very often.
Andrew has been replaced though...
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2020, 01:38:03 AM »

I love wachting this type of events since they are gathered all together and we don't get much from the State Visits (on the contrary of Sweden and other countries that provide us  several photos).

Trooping the Colour is 13th June 2020. Not sure if itís the next big family event but I would guess because they donít happen very often.
Andrew has been replaced though...

Easter is April 12th...Charles and Camilla always spend Easter in Scotland but we should see most of the rest.  It's not an event but it is a gathering.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2020, 02:20:52 AM »

Grace and Favour homes are largely for the 'working royals' so the Gloucesters and the Kents other than the Michael's of Kent get a grace and favour home.

The Sovereign Grant is for the expenses the royals have so it pays for things like the salaries of their secretary. It isn't a salary to the royal for duties. They don't actually get paid to do any royal duties at all. Andrew lost his share of the Sovereign Grant because his staff was sacked. He personally didn't lose anything financially.

The Duchy of Cornwall provides the private income for the Duke of Cornwall and his family. Usually the Duke of Cornwall is also the Prince of Wales but that isn't a given e.g. 1901 the future King George V had the income of the Duchy of Cornwall from January to November but he wasn't Prince of Wales. Charles had the income of the Duchy of Cornwall from 1952 but he wasn't created Prince of Wales until 1958. (As he was a minor it was managed for him but the income was still being set aside for Charles from 6th February, 1952). What the Duke of Cornwall decides to use his money for is his business and his alone (he could, for instance, put all of this year's interest on a horse in today's Magic Millions horse race on the Gold Coast, which Zara and Mike are attending). If he wishes to continue funding Harry he is within his rights.

The monarch has the income of the Duchy of Lancaster for their personal use AND to provide allowances for those members of the family who support her or whom she wishes to support so the Duchy of Lancaster provides a living allowance to all the royals other than the Wales branch of the family and the Michael's of Kent, Beatrice and Eugenie who earn their own money from a range of sources. Charles wants a smaller royal family so he doesn't have to support so many people from this source of money but he will need to ensure that his siblings are still looked after financially - unless he wants the bad press of them ending up on the streets (He was the one who stepped in and ensure that Marina Ogilvy had somewhere to live when her parents had had enough and she was forced to go looking for a council flat).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: