Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News 2020.  (Read 33697 times)
Chandrasekhi

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2020, 08:21:17 PM »

Breaking News: as of Spring 2020 (Northern Hemisphere)
- there will be two less HRHs in public use in the BRF (not use vs lost?)?
- titles remain intact
- UK base retained, taxpayers re-imbursed for associated expenses
- green-light given for merching open season
- no statement on footing of security bills (HRHs receive public funded security)
Crappy deal for the House, win for the punters.
C over&out!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:37:18 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2020, 09:56:45 PM »

Is giving up titles the same as being stripped of titles?
Maria, it does not just apply to the O/T duo. But to any royals. I'm just wondering if there is a difference?  And if a royal isn't doing royal engagements, then shouldn't Andy not be able to use his titles?
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2020, 10:14:40 PM »

NO IMO not, they can still use them but have been asked not to when hawking their wares.
tsarinya

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2020, 10:39:40 PM »

It says they ‘will not use their HRH titles’ which shows that they still have HRH but they won’t use them (for their new commercial purposes I imagine). If they were to be removed or stripped I think the language would be a lot different.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2020, 10:41:57 PM »

That's just HRH Prince Henry, the Duke of Sussex introducing himself as "Call me Harry"...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chandrasekhi

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2020, 11:01:42 PM »

Breaking News: as of Spring 2020 (Northern Hemisphere)
- there will be two less HRHs in public use in the BRF (not use vs lost?)?
- titles remain intact
- UK base retained, taxpayers re-imbursed for associated expenses
- green-light given for merching open season
- no statement on footing of security bills (HRHs receive public funded security)
Crappy deal for the House, win for the punters.
C over&out!
Very last addition (please forgive me, Maria Hug )
- more time spent out of the UK than in (consider implications of THAT!) Banana split
Gemsheal

Mini Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2020, 12:38:32 AM »

Ugh.  Frankly I'm glad they're OT.  Hey Maria, you were ahead of the curve banning them 😁 now if only other outlets would do the same !

🤓
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

FutureCrayonNotRoyal

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2020, 03:09:09 PM »

"The values of her Majesty" on display as Liz attends church with Prince Andrew this morning

Poorly thought out foundation coming soon, exact launch date tbc
nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »

Will british media call her out for supporting Andrew?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2020, 03:35:19 PM »

Will british media call her out for supporting Andrew?

Probably, but I don't think either of them will care.
Queen’s Tea

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2020, 03:39:58 PM »

It doesn’t look good for Andrew but, at least in theory in the US, he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty and that hasn’t happened yet. 

I do wish he’d talk with the authorities and clear himself if he doesn’t have anything to hide.

I’m sure as his mother, she doesn’t want to believe he did anything wrong - at least at this point.  I can’t fault her for that.  But JMO. 

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2020, 03:51:16 PM »

It doesn’t look good for Andrew but, at least in theory in the US, he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty and that hasn’t happened yet. 

I do wish he’d talk with the authorities and clear himself if he doesn’t have anything to hide.

I’m sure as his mother, she doesn’t want to believe he did anything wrong - at least at this point.  I can’t fault her for that.  But JMO. 

IMO there's a big difference between a mother quietly supporting her son behind the scenes and one that is the Queen of England and openly siding with said son.

And yes I'm aware of the innocent until proven quilty, but that doesn't mean Andy has to parade around and show everyone his joy.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2020, 04:10:54 PM »

Ultimately, I think the Queen's reign has taught us that she has no grasp of PR, especially in bad times. When things are good, such as her diamond jubilee, she shines and clearly adores the public loyalty to her. However when things are bad, such as her daughter in laws death in 1997 and the more recent problems surrounding Andrew, she simply doesn't act in a way that will incur public support, quite the opposite. Even if you go back to Princess Margaret's love affair with Peter Townsend, the queen came across a a callous individual. I genuinely think the Queen believes that public favour will always be there and is to be take as granted. It's when it's not there which is when the Queen struggles and receives bad press.
Gemsheal

Mini Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2020, 04:17:29 PM »

Good post

It would have been OK if it had been reported that Andrew attended church service, but not photographed.  This virtue-signaling is so gross! 

🤓
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2020, 04:18:43 PM »

Ultimately, I think the Queen's reign has taught us that she has no grasp of PR, especially in bad times. When things are good, such as her diamond jubilee, she shines and clearly adores the public loyalty to her. However when things are bad, such as her daughter in laws death in 1997 and the more recent problems surrounding Andrew, she simply doesn't act in a way that will incur public support, quite the opposite. Even if you go back to Princess Margaret's love affair with Peter Townsend, the queen came across a a callous individual. I genuinely think the Queen believes that public favour will always be there and is to be take as granted. It's when it's not there which is when the Queen struggles and receives bad press.

She acts like in a after me the deluge manner. After all it won't be her, who has to clean up the mess.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: