Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News 2020.  (Read 41889 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »

At least she took him to church.  The Daily Mail picked it up.
Queen’s Tea

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2020, 04:44:53 PM »

Perhaps she’s smiling because she wrapped up a very difficult week, ending in yesterday’s announcement, and wants to signal that all is well.  She may not be making a statement about Andrew at all.  Just a thought. 
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2020, 04:48:20 PM »

Maybe Andrew is repenting of his sins. Yeah, right. But we can all have forgiveness even the most evil amongst us or else the entire point of Christianity is moot.

I don't know what else they can do with him though - clearly she supports him, as his mother and believes his BS as always; and he was never convicted or anything, so what else can they do other than what they have which is take away patronages, and force him to lie low. He's lost everything. It's not like legally his titles can be stripped unless Parliament does that. (I think if he got arrested and tried of course they'd strip it.)

I think she cannot control her family and never has been able to.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Mjo

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2020, 04:52:54 PM »

Ugh.  Frankly I'm glad they're OT.  Hey Maria, you were ahead of the curve banning them 😁 now if only other outlets would do the same !

I wonder if the press will take the O/Ts threats seriously now that they don't have the powerful backing of the Royal Family. 
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2020, 04:54:57 PM »

Perhaps she’s smiling because she wrapped up a very difficult week, ending in yesterday’s announcement, and wants to signal that all is well.  She may not be making a statement about Andrew at all.  Just a thought. 

Very true. Not every look or nuance has to be about Andrew, even when he's in her presence. He's going to be seen with the family, on occasions like this. He walked to church with Charles for the communion service on Christmas morning - and Charles was criticized for that. IMO it's better that Andrew is hanging about with Charles, HM and the rest of his family, minus Fergie, than his disreputable friends.

Touching on Ellie's post, if Andrew has sincerely repented and asked to be forgiven, he has. If he has though, it should show in some outward action.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 05:12:55 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Do what you can, where you are, with what you’ve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2020, 04:57:03 PM »

Part of me loves the idea that this is HM trolling H&M - "look I'll even smile and be seen with Andrew -  now I've sorted you two out"

TBH this could have been avoided if Andrew had arrived in a different car ahead of HM so yes, they both went to church and likely sat next to each other, but we wouldn't have seen the two together.

I suspect HM is trying to show its business as usual and perhaps is even trying to show her strength (or her feeling of strength) by being seen with Andrew.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2020, 05:19:47 PM »

Part of me loves the idea that this is HM trolling H&M - "look I'll even smile and be seen with Andrew -  now I've sorted you two out"

TBH this could have been avoided if Andrew had arrived in a different car ahead of HM so yes, they both went to church and likely sat next to each other, but we wouldn't have seen the two together.

I suspect HM is trying to show its business as usual and perhaps is even trying to show her strength (or her feeling of strength) by being seen with Andrew.

Trotting Andrew out right now is self defeating. The focus is finally off him and he should stay hidden.  At least for the foreseeable future.

I would think it would be more productive for her to be seen with Charles or William, to put the focus on the next generation.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »

I agree but it isn't like HM seems to think very far ahead.

Andrew's days are numbered no matter what happens.

PollyAnna

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2020, 06:18:56 PM »

I have struggled for a long time with the concept of repentance/forgiveness. I have come to accept that an individual may repent and be forgiven, however that does not mean the consequences of their behavior cease to exist. I truly hope that Andrew has repented and has come to accept the consequences of his behavior and the harm he has caused. I hope this makes some sort of sense as I have given this topic much thought in the past.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2020, 06:22:54 PM »

I have struggled for a long time with the concept of repentance/forgiveness. I have come to accept that an individual may repent and be forgiven, however that does not mean the consequences of their behavior cease to exist. I truly hope that Andrew has repented and has come to accept the consequences of his behavior and the harm he has caused. I hope this makes some sort of sense as I have given this topic much thought in the past.

Star for the wise words.

Though I've to add that there're IMO things that can't be forgiven, one of them being pedophilia.
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2020, 06:58:25 PM »

Maybe it was Andy's idea to turn up with HM to show his support in these hard and painful days and HM found it too rude to refuse. 

Yes, Andy, we know: You will never forsake your family, never ... (at least as long as your mummy is there).  Roll Eyes

Andy raised two daughters. In the moment he realized that young girls and women were exploited and abused he should have turned on his heels and left the place (the least he should have done). I do not think that he regrets what he has done, he just regrets the consequences and what he has lost.

Repentance is a personal matter. Attending church services is probably one way to show his good will to the public and one of the places where he will always be welcome.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2020, 07:05:55 PM »

I don't imagine he has repented, truly, because I doubt he believes he did anything wrong. Sadly.

Maybe one day he'll see the error of his ways but with his mother having enabled him all his life, I highly doubt that.

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »

PollyAnna, you are absolutely correct - there can be repentance and there is forgiveness, but it does not remit or negate the consequences of the actions, large or small.

Do what you can, where you are, with what you’ve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2020, 08:12:43 PM »

Maybe Andrew is repenting of his sins. Yeah, right. But we can all have forgiveness even the most evil amongst us or else the entire point of Christianity is moot.

I don't know what else they can do with him though - clearly she supports him, as his mother and believes his BS as always; and he was never convicted or anything, so what else can they do other than what they have which is take away patronages, and force him to lie low. He's lost everything. It's not like legally his titles can be stripped unless Parliament does that. (I think if he got arrested and tried of course they'd strip it.)

I think she cannot control her family and never has been able to.

Problem is, Andrew doesn't think he did anything to repent about.

Malenkaya

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »

Please research the 1917 Titles Deprivation Act.  There you will see the yes a similar act would indeed cover the heirs to titles being removed by the new act.

For James, Louise, and Camilla’s stuff that was all done by choice.  Camilla’s choice to avoid public outrage if she used HRH The Princess of Wales.   The Wessex parents choice to read the writing on the wall and make it very clear that their kids would be raised to be independent. 

Parliament only gets involved for the removal of peerages nothing else.  The Queen can make changes to HRH Prince/Princess as she sees fit by either issuing new Letters Patent or simply letting her royal will be know. 

I know this is confusing, especially with the press screaming "take their titles", but sadly when you look at the process and history in the UK you quickly learn that it's a complicated process and therefore removal of peerages seems unlikely at this time...parliament is a bit busy right now. 

They really need to go back and revise the 1917 Letters Patent. The Swedes got it right with re-writing the rules on HRH, especially while the 5 little ones are still young and don't know any better. Grandfather in Beatrice and Eugenie, solidify Louise and James as non-HRH, and then put in the rules for the littles while they don't know anything different.

Although the Brits seem to pick up things much slower than their counterparts on the continent.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: